Indomitable Needs Your Help

Turric

It's not even an issue of low pop.  When Hami, MSR, or  Itrials form up, we usually have around 120 people playing on the server.

We're lucky if 10 or 15 show up. 

The issue seems to be, folks simply do not want to participate in these events, or are busy.  Why someone would be too busy to harvest piles of merits, inf, or incan salvage is beyond me, but people are strange.  However, without fail, mission teams get announced at virtualy the same time as raids go off, with pulls away from the pool of people with toons capable of participating in those raids.  We have an unofficial Indom channel that clearly lists the time these events happen; it might be a good idea to NOT set up a PI team 10 minutes before Hami.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Gunrunner said:

It's not even an issue of low pop.

unofficial-solo-server ?!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

16 hours ago, Bleuception said:

Annnd highlighted here we see decent examples of why the population count diminishes.

To be quite honest? This is generally the kind of attitude/vibe which has driven me off of Homecoming. And from one of the more populated shards, even.

It only takes one to ruin a good thing.

bye

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Using one person's opinion and generalizing a whole community based on that opinion? 

Ah yes, assumptions. Nice.

No. More like spending time since 2019 in Homecoming, and noticing trends in how people act. These just happened to be convenient examples of the kind of attitude I have unfortunately ran into. People slinging "butthurt" here or "idiot" there... Just because they can, I suppose? Especially when it concerns how the Homecoming team is handling their server and whatnot? Yikes...

Anyway, considering this is the kind of response, no wonder a lot prefer to remain silent.

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

The Forums and game itself have a perfectly functional ignore feature. I doubt people would leave over forum comments. People are leaving because other games exist, and as time goes on, even more games come into existence. 

There are more than one kind of reasons for leaving a game community. I honestly didn't think I would have to spend time explaining this. For some, it's new/other games, absolutely. That much is simply how it goes. For others, like me? It's not feeling welcomed. Having my words and stance, to put it bluntly, shat on. Obviously and as this thread more than aptly represents, not everybody gets along. And yes, the ignore feature is there for these situations, but a good community the ignore function does not make.

But instead of investigating the "why", and "how" to fix it... People are immediately up in arms about each others' comments, myself included, or only offering a dismissive "Bye". Perhaps it do well for the community to stop and think about the impact attitude has on the playerbase.

With that said, Homecoming is a good experience if one is lucky enough to find a group of people they get along with on friendly terms. And I hope that people can find such a place within Indomitable. Happy gaming. Best of luck.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Bleuception said:

Ah yes, assumptions. Nice.

No. More like spending time since 2019 in Homecoming, and noticing trends in how people act. These just happened to be convenient examples of the kind of attitude I have unfortunately ran into. People slinging "butthurt" here or "idiot" there... Just because they can, I suppose? Especially when it concerns how the Homecoming team is handling their server and whatnot? Yikes...

Anyway, considering this is the kind of response, no wonder a lot prefer to remain silent.

If you are going to go down the road of using assumptions to generalize a community based on hand picked "convenient examples," why are you surprised with the response to your comment? And who is this "a lot" you mention at the end of your post? The silent majority? It is rather convenient to your comment to say that, but discount other poster's anecdotal experiences.

Happy gaming indeed

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

19 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

If you are going to go down the road of using assumptions to generalize a community based on hand picked "convenient examples," why are you surprised with the response to your comment? And who is this "a lot" you mention at the end of your post? The silent majority? It is rather convenient to your comment to say that, but discount other poster's anecdotal experiences.

Happy gaming indeed

See that part I wrote about people being more concerned with going at each other instead of self-examining their behaviour?

Yeah.

Since you insist down this road however:

• I hand picked those posts due to the attitude and choice of words. No, I am not surprised by this kind of responses. Just tired.
  • If people confided these feelings in private, I won't be putting them out there. And no, it isn't the "silent majority", words which I have never employed. If you would like to be painstakingly specific, then I will say that within the circle of closer friends and acquaintances I have kept during my time on Homecoming, this "a lot" counts 9 individuals and their own anecdotal mentions of their own friends, which I did not pry to know their identity. To me, this is "a lot" since I try to keep my circle of friends on the small side. So no, it's not a convenient comment, it is based on my perception of things. Nine might not be a lot to you, but it is for me. I hope this sufficiently clears things up. As it so happens, I'm only a single person, and I don't have the energy nor time to spend it the once-larger community at large. I hope my human limits are likewise understandable.
  • Sorry, where have I discounted other posters' anecdotal experiences? You seem to be the one doing precisely what you're accusing me to do. I commented that the highlighted behaviour which I have experienced over time was one of the reasons I left. That is, in essence, the whole content of my first post in this thread. I commented on my own anecdotal experiences, while using examples provided in this thread. I even took the time to point that, in agreement with Krimson, yes, some people DO leave Homecoming for other games. Or for other reasons. I invite you to re-read my previous post.

Is more specificity required?

Edited by Bleuception
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Gunrunner said:

It's not even an issue of low pop.  When Hami, MSR, or  Itrials form up, we usually have around 120 people playing on the server.

We're lucky if 10 or 15 show up. 

The issue seems to be, folks simply do not want to participate in these events, or are busy.  Why someone would be too busy to harvest piles of merits, inf, or incan salvage is beyond me, but people are strange.  However, without fail, mission teams get announced at virtualy the same time as raids go off, with pulls away from the pool of people with toons capable of participating in those raids.  We have an unofficial Indom channel that clearly lists the time these events happen; it might be a good idea to NOT set up a PI team 10 minutes before Hami.

Well, I transferred a character over there - a couple actually. 
The time it took to complete one raid in the Abyss was longer than the time it takes to complete three raids on Excelsior. And that's not counting the time it takes to form.

I completely get that if the league were full, instead of having only 24, it would be just as fast. 
But, the truth is, it's not full, so it's not as fast. 

I want to help, but I'm one player, and unless another 2 dozen agree to make the transition, it's a real waste of time. Like 30 minutes on Excelsior is 60 minutes on indom, just because it takes so long to get enough people. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Bleuception said:

See that part I wrote about people being more concerned with going at each other instead of self-examining their behaviour?

Yeah.

Since you insist down this road however:

• I hand picked those posts due to the attitude and choice of words. No, I am not surprised by this kind of responses. Just tired.
  • If people confided these feelings in private, I won't be putting them out there. And no, it isn't the "silent majority", words which I have never employed. If you would like to be painstakingly specific, then I will say that within the circle of closer friends and acquaintances I have kept during my time on Homecoming, this "a lot" counts 9 individuals and their own anecdotal mentions of their own friends, which I did not pry to know their identity. To me, this is "a lot" since I try to keep my circle of friends on the small side. So no, it's not a convenient comment, it is based on my perception of things. Nine might not be a lot to you, but it is for me. I hope this sufficiently clears things up. As it so happens, I'm only a single person, and I don't have the energy nor time to spend it the once-larger community at large. I hope my human limits are likewise understandable.
  • Sorry, where have I discounted other posters' anecdotal experiences? You seem to be the one doing precisely what you're accusing me to do. I commented that the highlighted behaviour which I have experienced over time was one of the reasons I left. That is, in essence, the whole content of my first post in this thread. I commented on my own anecdotal experiences, while using examples provided in this thread. I even took the time to point that, in agreement with Krimson, yes, some people DO leave Homecoming for other games. Or for other reasons. I invite you to re-read my previous post.

Is more specificity required?

Good, glad things have been cleared up. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

7 hours ago, Ukase said:

Well, I transferred a character over there - a couple actually. 
The time it took to complete one raid in the Abyss was longer than the time it takes to complete three raids on Excelsior. And that's not counting the time it takes to form.

I completely get that if the league were full, instead of having only 24, it would be just as fast. 
But, the truth is, it's not full, so it's not as fast. 

I want to help, but I'm one player, and unless another 2 dozen agree to make the transition, it's a real waste of time. Like 30 minutes on Excelsior is 60 minutes on indom, just because it takes so long to get enough people. 

You are exactly right. And that is the problem. Last year we used to farm Hami around 5 times an hour. Now it takes a long time because we have to two or three step the single take down. And again, that is not including the 30 min or so you have to wait for enough people to get on to attempt it. It DOES happen, just slowly...

There were a few toons where I could get my Buddy badge (100 Bud kills) in ONE night. Now, I have to park a character in the Abyss for weeks to get it.

But, all said, I (and hopefully some others) appreciate your help! A few at a time does help.

I like indominatble because the fucking goblin who sells all my cool names to the highest bidder hasnt opened up shot there, so I can have all my wonderful, funny, and creative names without needing to substitute letters for numbers, or mixnmatch the case of the letters. Plus, whenever the hordes of RPers i meet on everlasting that may or may not be really really horny are bothering me with their horny, I can flee to Indom, since lord knows theyll never ever, in their life time ever, enter the 'Unofficial PvP server' -- despite the amount of pvp going on there is about the same as any other shard.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

... I feel that somehow this thread has lost focus.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Perhaps a list of volunteers could be made to commit to helping with these events in this very thread. And, when you have 18 to 24 volunteers for a specific date & time, the group can knock the event out and plan for the next date/time. 

There are a number of folks who used to hop from shard to shard to maximize merits. If the time of the event is right, no reason it can't happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

While not restricted to Indomitable, it might be interesting if servers held a "<server name>" night where people are encouraged to run characters on a server even if you need to transfer one in for that time. I will say red side has picked up on Excel so I assume that means from people coming on over.

• Like 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

While not restricted to Indomitable, it might be interesting if servers held a "<server name>" night where people are encouraged to run characters on a server even if you need to transfer one in for that time. I will say red side has picked up on Excel so I assume that means from people coming on over.

That's not a half-bad idea.  I'd say I'd be in for that except my work schedule is wonky and I usually miss out on Prime Time things.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

22 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Melee heavy teams seem more likely than heavy support ones, but I say this as someone who plays on Excel. I wonder as the population goes lower if more and more people won't seek out more solo friendly builds. 

I started a Trick Arrow / Elec Defender, does that count? (I say started but the Mapserver event ended up power levelling me a tad yesterday, what's going on there? Swear I levelled faster than on a Fire farm). 

Reunion tends towards the quieter and I've been guilty of not being around for 5-6 months much, the last Page or whatever it was called didn't really appeal to me. But there's still teams going etc. Certainly a lot of our "daily" Discorders aren't around at the mo. But it's both healthy and rational to take a few months every now and then. 

7 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

I started a Trick Arrow / Elec Defender, does that count? (I say started but the Mapserver event ended up power levelling me a tad yesterday, what's going on there? Swear I levelled faster than on a Fire farm). 

It's like 10x XP. The impact of it is talked about in the market section.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

2 hours ago, Mike Morbid said:

Anyone want to get together with shiny new heroes/heroines on Indom this evening, perhaps 6 Eastern?

Sure! I'll bring the mercs MM, it'll be grand.

3 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Well that's a rather bizarre design choice. Who thought that was a good idea?

Because it's funny. The only thing missing was a badge like "lf firefarm"

• Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

2 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Well that's a rather bizarre design choice. Who thought that was a good idea?

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Haha 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, Ukase said:

Well, if you really want to help, step up and help.  Come to Hami, early.  Tell your people to come to Hami, early.  Or Itrials, or MSR.  If you can't be bothered to take the step and make a difference, how can you expect anyone else to?  I show up to Hami as soon as the call goes out, and have since Kiki was running it.  I'm part of the solution.  You could be, too.

2 hours ago, Gunrunner said:

Well, if you really want to help, step up and help.  Come to Hami, early.  Tell your people to come to Hami, early.  Or Itrials, or MSR.  If you can't be bothered to take the step and make a difference, how can you expect anyone else to?  I show up to Hami as soon as the call goes out, and have since Kiki was running it.  I'm part of the solution.  You could be, too.

I did show up for a hami raid. And you guys did one run. I waited 35 minutes to get the minimum 24 and only one run. Not the three I was expecting. 

If you have ever played any other MMO’s you have probably seen this issue when servers lose populations and mergers happen. People want to be with other people in any MMO, so you want more players. If the goal is to add new people then there really needs to be some clarity and resolution to this issue with NCSoft.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

6 hours ago, Dazl said:

If you have ever played any other MMO’s you have probably seen this issue when servers lose populations and mergers happen. People want to be with other people in any MMO, so you want more players. If the goal is to add new people then there really needs to be some clarity and resolution to this issue with NCSoft.

I'm such an oddball. I've never played any other MMO - except for maybe 5 minutes trying out several others after the shut down.