Upgrades to Peregrine Island

MsSmart

This are only suggestions, and not a must...

I enjoy doing the radio missions, which usually gives Council, CoT and Carnival. It occurs to me, police/radio missions, would entail dealing with all the baddies on the island, so it would make sense if other groups were also dealt with in the radio missions such as Malta, Nemesis, and Rikti.

I also noticed some groups have their own zone in Peregrine Island, such as the nemesis, CoT, and Rikti; but the Malta and Carnival does not, they sort of take turns sharing areas. I propose that from the courthouse to the beach area be given to the Carnival and even put tents and stuff as done in the St. Martial Islands area in PI, it sure would go along way for immersive purposes, and lastly leave the downtown area to the Malta; this way each group has their own turf.

Lastly, but not as important, it would be cool if one area of Peregrine Island, say the area by the arena is constantly being invaded by the Rikti, with unexploded bombs and the heavy baddies popping up there, it sure would make a new fun place to go and level characters. 

Any other ideas on how to spruce up, the highest, the hero side's most high level neighborhood?

Sue

29 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

Lastly, but not as important, it would be cool if one area of Peregrine Island, say the area by the arena is constantly being invaded by the Rikti, with unexploded bombs and the heavy baddies popping up there, it sure would make a new fun place to go and level characters. 

So you want a permanent Rikti invasion that awards the Rikti bomb and heavy badges without the need for the invasion or a large enough group to get (for the heavies at least)? No.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I enjoy doing the radio missions, which usually gives Council, CoT and Carnival. It occurs to me, police/radio missions, would entail dealing with all the baddies on the island, so it would make sense if other groups were also dealt with in the radio missions such as Malta, Nemesis, and Rikti.

Both Malta and Rikti absolutely come up in the radio rotation for PI, less certain about Nemesis though.

I'd settle for fixing the DE in the zone - for some strange reason, Portal Corp is surrounded by minimum level (41) DE, instead of the 48-50s you'd expect to be hanging around the high end of the island.

As far as sprucing it up, more tip variety would be great. Malta, Rikti, Nemesis, DE pretty much only show up in Tips, aside from a few, very specific (and rare) Radios (like the silent alarm at the pawnshop being the only Malta radio I can think of).

Also, I have noticed that from time to time, several of the DE Monsters show up at Portal Corp (usually because someone dragged them there).  Having that turned into an official zone event, complete with rewards to match, would be nice to have (the Monster DE have terrible rewards, seems like they're not quite Elite Bosses for xp/inf)

On 3/27/2022 at 5:38 PM, Rudra said:

So you want a permanent Rikti invasion that awards the Rikti bomb and heavy badges without the need for the invasion or a large enough group to get (for the heavies at least)? No.

Why not? Be more specific please

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MsSmart said:
On 3/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, Rudra said:

Why not? Be more specific please

I thought the reason was in the question, but I will clarify.

1) I am opposed to granting invasion specific badges outside of the invasion event.

2) The Rikti bombs are specific purpose targets used in some Vanguard missions as part of a Rikti assault and for the actual invasion event.

3) Rikti bombs do not fight back. That is free XP/Inf'. At least during the invasion, you only have a limited window to get them.

4) Rikti heavies are only brought out in response to a significant threat to the Rikti invasion force or to Hro'Dtohz (in a specific mission). (At least they fight back though.)

5) There are already ample targets to hunt in PI for street sweep xp, as well as the AE farms that tend to show up. Adding limited use high value targets for people to farm outside of intended purpose strikes me as being wrong, especially just for gathering xp/inf'. Are you going to ask for DE Transformation Pods in DE areas in PI too?

Edited by Rudra
Edited to change CoT portals to DE Pods since they are a more accurate comparison.
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 12:52 AM, Krimson said:

Replace the Giant Monsters with +1 to +4 Devouring Earth and give players more reason to street sweep. 

I like having the monsters there. Gives a way to test certain builds.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

7 minutes ago, biostem said:

Given the nature or PI having Portal Corp, why not include "alternate dimension" missions vs all sort of enemy groups...

That would fall under the extra-dimensional arcs we already have. If you are asking for radio missions like that, I very much disagree. Portal Corps does a pretty bad job at keeping their staff safe using their portals, but if they are so bad that it now extends to Peregrine Island itself, then Portal Corps needs to just be shut down. If you are asking for more Portal Corps missions from contacts or a new contact, probably in the Portal Corps main building, that gives random missions like the First Ward/Night Ward random mission contacts, then sure.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That would fall under the extra-dimensional arcs we already have. If you are asking for radio missions like that, I very much disagree. Portal Corps does a pretty bad job at keeping their staff safe using their portals, but if they are so bad that it now extends to Peregrine Island itself, then Portal Corps needs to just be shut down. If you are asking for more Portal Corps missions from contacts or a new contact, probably in the Portal Corps main building, that gives random missions like the First Ward/Night Ward random mission contacts, then sure.

I mean, extra-dimensional incursions happen all the time in the CoH world, so you don't really need a excuse.  Either way, if they wanted to include some sort of "radiant mission contact" within Portal Corp, sure why not!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It would be pretty awesome to have a new portal corps contact similar to Unai Kemen but with missions full of Rularuu and Praetorians or Incarnate level content like DA.

But they might want to give Grandville some love too then.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/27/2022 at 5:38 PM, Rudra said:

Did you know that the heavies actually spawn rarely in the backside of the Rikti War Zone? I do actually kind of wish they'd grant the badge for defeating them.

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

50 minutes ago, Crasical said:

Did you know that the heavies actually spawn rarely in the backside of the Rikti War Zone? I do actually kind of wish they'd grant the badge for defeating them.

No, I did not. I typically am only in RWZ long enough to do the Vanguard arcs, then I go elsewhere. It makes sense to have Rikti heavies there though. They are defending the mothership. Having them pop up in PI though with no active invasion? I'm still opposed to. For reasons given. (Just add mothership defense to short list of where they appear.)

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

There are level 51-54 mobs in the Rikti War Zone as well. It would be nice to have more than RWZ and Dark Astoria for level 51+ hunting.

Cimerora?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Agreed, it would be nice to have 51+ mobs besides RWZ, Cimerora, Astoria and the Shard, as those all typically have large groups of specific enemies.  PI / Grandville have a wider variety of enemies, and, since they're not hazard zones, usually have smaller groups that a more specialized character may be able to hunt more efficiently.  (Specialized as in certain ST-heavy builds are much more efficient at +4x2 instead of +0x8).

On 3/29/2022 at 7:51 PM, Rudra said:

I thought the reason was in the question, but I will clarify.

1) I am opposed to granting invasion specific badges outside of the invasion event.

2) The Rikti bombs are specific purpose targets used in some Vanguard missions as part of a Rikti assault and for the actual invasion event.

3) Rikti bombs do not fight back. That is free XP/Inf'. At least during the invasion, you only have a limited window to get them.

4) Rikti heavies are only brought out in response to a significant threat to the Rikti invasion force or to Hro'Dtohz (in a specific mission). (At least they fight back though.)

5) There are already ample targets to hunt in PI for street sweep xp, as well as the AE farms that tend to show up. Adding limited use high value targets for people to farm outside of intended purpose strikes me as being wrong, especially just for gathering xp/inf'. Are you going to ask for DE Transformation Pods in DE areas in PI too?

Thank you

My thoughts would be the Bombs are dropped along the invasion, so the are kinda guarded by the bunches of Rikti mobs. To get the heavies to spawn, just like the invasion, there would have to be a league of at least 15 or whatever is the number used in the standard invasion. So it would not be just like bombs there laying there to be destroyed with opposition, and the number of people in the area not the zone would dictate or turn the switch on for the heavies to spawn.

Once more thank you for your thoughts

Sue

PI is fine.

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)