Mids Reborn will not open at all

When I installed the new mid's reborn my mxd files were still set to open in the old versions by default in windows.  If that's what's happening to you then right click the file and select "Open with>Choose another app" then select mid's reborn instead of the old versions while checking the box at the bottom.  If mid's reborn isn't on that list you might have to scroll down and select the bottom options to point to the install folder directly.image.thumb.png.cd1196d93a0c5d7696f10d03a7c5dd92.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure Mid's Reborn will not work with old Mid's files. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

I ran into similar issues when I first downloaded Mids Reborn.

Mids Reborn will convert your old Mids files to a Reborn format and then Old Mids will not open it anymore.  There really is no point in keeping your Old Mids at this point -- the data is out dated and Mids Reborn will keep what you had when you open the old .mxd file.  

I completely removed Old Mids and re-installed Mids Reborn.  All works fine and I can still access my old Mids files, if I want them.  

• Elfin changed the title to Mids Reborn will not open at all
9 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

I ran into similar issues when I first downloaded Mids Reborn.

Mids Reborn will convert your old Mids files to a Reborn format and then Old Mids will not open it anymore.  There really is no point in keeping your Old Mids at this point -- the data is out dated and Mids Reborn will keep what you had when you open the old .mxd file.  

I completely removed Old Mids and re-installed Mids Reborn.  All works fine and I can still access my old Mids files, if I want them.  

It still won't work but I am having problem getting old Mids, Hero Designer and Pine off my PC

• Lead Game Master

Hi

You'll probably get a better response to this over in the Mids sub-forum/club. I've moved this topic to the tools and utilities section, where it may get a bit more traction (also I cannot move threads into the mids club for some reason)

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

On 4/5/2022 at 2:57 AM, Elfin said:

I can not open Mids Reborn at all. It seemed to install fine but will not open.

Look at the directory where you installed Mids. Find a file called config.json and delete it. I think that file is in a Data folder. 

Try to reopen mids after doing so.

• Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

Look at the directory where you installed Mids. Find a file called config.json and delete it. I think that file is in a Data folder. 

How about Compare.json

5 hours ago, Elfin said:

How about Compare.json

I dont think so

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

5 minutes ago, Elfin said:

There is no config.json

So you don't see that in your Data folder? Ok, then I'm not sure how to fix your bug other than recommend a re-install.

image.thumb.png.35b90a1621e5f34b736eec1f9f3d3e71.png

I've installed Mids Reborn.  But the icon has a blank preview and the program won't load?  Strangely, it did work the '1st time' but hasn't worked since.

It will load the old version for me, though.

It's not on Windows Security black list is it?

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Golden Azrael said:

....er...which is fixed by making it 'full screen' whilst right clicking the options whilst hovering over the icon in the task bar...

Hmm.

Deary me.  That's something that should be looked at.  Minor annoyance.

Azrael.

This. Took me a couple of times to figure out/remember what was happening each time but now it's not a big deal. Doesn't happen too often.

When I first install Mids Reborn either installing it or extracting into a file. The first time I try to open it, it triggers Windows Defender. I click open it anyway and the Defender window goes away but Mids never opens. Trying to open it after that never triggers Windows Defender but Mids still doesn't open.

Does the program just not open at all, or is it opening but not displaying the UI window properly? If it's the former, I'm not sure what is causing that, but if you can Alt + tab to Mids yet just not see anything, it's a display issue that Golden Azrael mentioned a fix for above.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

• 2 weeks later
On 4/16/2022 at 4:12 PM, Dungeoness said:

Does the program just not open at all, or is it opening but not displaying the UI window properly? If it's the former, I'm not sure what is causing that, but if you can Alt + tab to Mids yet just not see anything, it's a display issue that Golden Azrael mentioned a fix for above.

Yeah.  I thought it was just the program not opening.  It was like you say.  A display issue where by you just need to right click on the 'whited out' icon' to Maximise the screen.  Slightly annoying, but now that I'm aware of it I don't have to howl at the moon.

Azrael.

• 3 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
On 4/11/2022 at 2:33 AM, Bopper said:

You genius!!  I had a driver crash while playing CoH and had several Profiles Open in Mids Reborn.  After rebooting PC I could not run Mids Report anymore it said it was loading the UI and there was a window on the taskbar but couldn't open it.  Tried you solution and it generated a new config file and everything works again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

I am also having this problem.  I tried deleting config.json, it created a new config file, but the problem persists.

When I first tried to install the program, I had a lot of pushback from Malwarebytes, which kept insisting the website was suspect and the program was a virus, but people on the forums were confident it was a false positive (open source code and all.) I finally got it to work and have been using it for weeks, then the other day it stopped displaying.  The preview when I mouse-over the icon on the taskbar is just blank, same story if I try to alt-tab to it.  I've tried repairing the install, I've tried a DnR, and I tried the fix above.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point.   Help?

Edit:  Well, nevermind.  I tried deleting config.json again, and this time it worked.

Edited by Heavensrun

Been in the game and in the community since closed beta in 2004.  Am currently interested in producing and experiencing player-created story content for Praetoria that focuses on the level 40-50 range.
Architect Arc: Praetoria Falls! Book 1: The Evacuation of First Ward  |  Arc ID:  51490  |  Please check it out!  Feedback welcome!

2 minutes ago, Heavensrun said:

I am also having this problem.  I tried deleting config.json, it created a new config file, but the problem persists.

When I first tried to install the program, I had a lot of pushback from Malwarebytes, which kept insisting the website was suspect and the program was a virus, but people on the forums were confident it was a false positive (open source code and all.) I finally got it to work and have been using it for weeks, then the other day it stopped displaying.  The preview when I mouse-over the icon on the taskbar is just blank, same story if I try to alt-tab to it.  I've tried repairing the install, I've tried a DnR, and I tried the fix above.  I'm not sure what else to try at this point.   Help?

Edit:  Well, nevermind.  I tried deleting config.json again, and this time it worked.

I had this problem. I did the maximize fix talked about in another thread. It worked great.