Regen and an epic'ed out build

kelika2

On 3/18/2023 at 12:23 AM, ClawsandEffect said:

If Iggy could pull off a RWZ challenge using nothing but Swipe on his Claws/Regen, then I'm pretty sure I can come up with something that works. 

What are all the rules of a RWZ Challenge again? I vaguely remember it from live. I recall needing to fight 3 groups of lvl 54 Rikti in RWZ. There was probably more to it. I gave it a shot with my NB/Regen Stalker and posted a video. I gotta respec those Performance Shifter procs back into the build.

Also glad to see you're still in the game, ClawsandEffect. I remember you from live. You're the one that convinced me, through your various posts, to actually build for +regen on a Regen. Everyone else was sort of recharge, recharge, recharge and ignore +regen.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 9:40 AM, Gobbledygook said:

As I am in the middle of my regen project, I look forward to your results.

My motivation for it is waning, perhaps it will inspire me.

You better start waxing the other direction dagnabbit or I won't have anyone to compare notes with cause I built a Brute to match yours but I'm slotting as I go to see how the experience differs from yours.

12 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

What are all the rules of a RWZ Challenge again?

Heads up, if you're on a Windows PC that supports Win10 or Win11, the xBox game bar is available to use and has screen capture and auto-save recording built in to windows. This means no external software required, and no pesky watermarks on your videos. Hit your Win+G keys and it'll pop open; you'll see "Capture" in the top left. The files save to your Videos folder and can get somewhat hefty if they're long so manage accordingly!

• Thumbs Up 1

RWZ Challenge: 

Take on a group of level 54 Rikti that includes a minimum of 3 bosses. 

You are not allowed to use temp powers OR inspirations. Only the powers included in your build. 

It used to be a really good benchmark for how good your character was. The advent of all the additional survival powers and Incarnate abilities kinda trivialized it. 

Iggy Kamikaze pulled it off on a Claws/Regen scrapper using only Swipe. No other powers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

You better start waxing the other direction dagnabbit or I won't have anyone to compare notes with cause I built a Brute to match yours but I'm slotting as I go to see how the experience differs from yours.

Ok, ok.

I'll start back tomorrow.

I've gotta do the Sister Psyche, Citadel and Manti TF's

That'll probably put me in the forties.

I'll get around to making a Regen as crazy as possible at some point. Got a long list of characters to work on before that though. 

Fortunately, I already have a Claws/Regen scrapper sitting at 44. 

Very curious about 1 thing that I haven't seen addressed. Does the slow resistance from Winter sets apply to -recharge too? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ClawsandEffect said:

Very curious about 1 thing that I haven't seen addressed. Does the slow resistance from Winter sets apply to -recharge too? 

Yes indeed!

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=set_bonus.set_bonus.slow_resist_3

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:40 PM, Infinitum said:

Nope

An analogy:

Willpower is driving Elenore in Gone in 60 seconds

Regen is Al Bundy crashing his car in his garage then coming inside to an empty fridge.

Pick Willpower if you want useful Regen.

I truly hope you're referencing this version

https://i.gyazo.com/5f45602371f01a750d78048eb420a2c0.png

Fun fact: Elenore is the only car to be given a movie credit

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

19 hours ago, ClawsandEffect said:

RWZ Challenge: 

Take on a group of level 54 Rikti that includes a minimum of 3 bosses. 

You are not allowed to use temp powers OR inspirations. Only the powers included in your build. 

It used to be a really good benchmark for how good your character was. The advent of all the additional survival powers and Incarnate abilities kinda trivialized it. 

Iggy Kamikaze pulled it off on a Claws/Regen scrapper using only Swipe. No other powers. 

This seems like a pretty low bar nowadays.  I'm also assuming SO build and no incarnates?

Who run Bartertown?

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

This seems like a pretty low bar nowadays.  I'm also assuming SO build and no incarnates?

Yeah incarnates didn't exist yet, but earl(ier) IO builds were doing it.  No pulling and you had to maintain aggro on the whole spawn.  No inspires for sure but as long as the temp power didn't rely on charges (but was permanently available like an accolade such as Geas of the Kind Ones) that was kind of a grey area.  Much like now the more minimalist you could manage the better the bragging rights on whatever "silly scrapper trick" you could manage.

Edit:  yeah these days you could pretty much do it with any high end build.  Folks can solo +4/×8 with every AT.  The challenge originated in the days when it was the only place in the game where you could find +4 mobs to solo without jumping through hoops to get a mission spawning such as the then highest notoriety was Invincible which spawned +2 and +3 mobs if you were solo if memory serves me correctly. (Nevermind get the mob to spawn at that size).

Edited by Doomguide2005

18 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I guess what I’m asking is what an AT is asked to do as a “standard”:  if a xxx/.regen can’t fight a +0/x1 spawn that’s bad.  But I don’t think that is true.

is the rwz challenge today different?

1) Not really or

2) its become a Pylon time or

3) a trapdoor test or 

4) solo vs "fill in the blank" task force. 

Dark Astoria and I'm guessing portions of Cimerora now have nastier mobs and we can choose our notoriety settings both of which have eroded why the RWZ originally became an AT challenge/test bed I'm thinking.

41 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Dark Astoria and I'm guessing portions of Cimerora now have nastier mobs and we can choose our notoriety settings both of which have eroded why the RWZ originally became an AT challenge/test bed I'm thinking.

The new arc in Cimerora (Valeria?) might be an interesting metric. Even with most/all incarnates filled it is tough to solo at x8. I don't think I've run it at max difficulty.

I think it can be re-played in Oro?  I've been moving and dealing with other RL stuff, so been a bit since I've been in-game.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I guess what I’m asking is what an AT is asked to do as a “standard”:  if a xxx/.regen can’t fight a +0/x1 spawn that’s bad.  But I don’t think that is true.

is the rwz challenge today different?

RWZ Challenge is pretty much obsolete now, because it's hard to find anything that CAN'T do it. 

It was more a thing back when purples were insanely expensive, and PVP IOs, Winters, and ATOs didn't even exist yet. 

But back when it was still relevant, someone doing it on a Regen only using their tier 1 attack was pretty damn impressive. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ClawsandEffect said:

RWZ Challenge is pretty much obsolete now, because it's hard to find anything that CAN'T do it. 

It was more a thing back when purples were insanely expensive, and PVP IOs, Winters, and ATOs didn't even exist yet. 

But back when it was still relevant, someone doing it on a Regen only using their tier 1 attack was pretty damn impressive. 

That makes a lot more sense.  Thanks!

Who run Bartertown?