Rebuild Praetoria in the image of Primal Earth, and make an Oblique Task Force equivalent to the Dr Aeon Task Force

4 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I'd be down for 1 zone and it to be the home of the Praetorian Hamidon.

Last Bastion as a new Hazard Zone seems like the obvious first step.  Not that those are super popular, but it does make narrative sense.  Contacts, Arcs, and a TF or Event could be added over time.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Last Bastion as a new Hazard Zone seems like the obvious first step.  Not that those are super popular, but it does make narrative sense.  Contacts, Arcs, and a TF or Event could be added over time.

Last Bastion needs a remodel then!  And not just be a reskinned map from Primal.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I do not want to see anything Praetoria etc added ever again. I still have fatigue from Live when all we got was piles of Praetoria rubbish over and over, issue after issue. Serenity now!

It's too bad the new Dev team doesn't get creative. Add some unique stuff. The game needs a fresh feel. Adding on storylines from 2012 and before is not interesting to me. Add some new looks, stories, characters etc.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Agree to disagree. I was looking forward to seeing how the Praetorian Hamidon and the Battalion bits would unfold. Would still like to see both. (Even though Praetorian Hamidon is the only one of the two relevant to the conversation....)

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Agree to disagree. I was looking forward to seeing how the Praetorian Hamidon and the Battalion bits would unfold. Would still like to see both. (Even though Praetorian Hamidon is the only one of the two relevant to the conversation....)

Absolutely. I posted my opinion and I can only speak for me. I have no desire to see this unfold. 

In my opinion, CoX got a little too deep into story and it got a little convoluted. It's not easy to follow for the casual player. Sure, it's nice to have these deep dives and detail driven arcs. There is a ton if that in the game. That no longer interests me. I am more casual these days. I'm older and have less time to game. I also feel the Live Devs took it way too far by having the Battalion/Coming Storm storyline build over several issues and never get it's conclusion - it needed to get done much quicker.

I'm hoping future content isn't as drawn out and boring. I remember a there was a lot of player fatigue over Praetoria and these long, drawn out storylines. No thanks. 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

I also feel the Live Devs took it way too far by having the Battalion/Coming Storm storyline build over several issues and never get it's conclusion - it needed to get done much quicker.

Yep. Definitely in agreement with you there. The Live devs crossed over from building up suspense and interest into dragging the story out too far. I can definitely understand your burnout there.

To that effect, while I am wishing to see the Battalion bit unfold, given how long it was dragged out, I'm more than fine with newer stories being introduced before hand. Still, given how the last few iTrials went, with the Magisterium and Underground, I think it is high time to visit Praetorian Hamidon. The Last Bastion arc especially did a good job of setting up that confrontation. So... fingers crossed... hoping to finally be able to contend with Praetorian Hamidon soon. That's just me and my hopes though. New content to play regardless of faction focus is definitely welcome.

47 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

It's too bad the new Dev team doesn't get creative. Add some unique stuff. The game needs a fresh feel. Adding on storylines from 2012 and before is not interesting to me. Add some new looks, stories, characters etc.

I see you post this same line or some variation of it a lot. Have the devs added content that wasn't brand new? All of the story arcs that Piecemeal added last year were from scratch. All of the content that Cobalt and the gang added, such as the Dr. Aeon SF was built brand new. Looking past the actual content, I could see thinking the updates to powers and QoL are considered updating old stuff that was there before. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

I see you post this same line or some variation of it a lot. Have the devs added content that wasn't brand new? All of the story arcs that Piecemeal added last year were from scratch. All of the content that Cobalt and the gang added, such as the Dr. Aeon SF was built brand new. Looking past the actual content, I could see thinking the updates to powers and QoL are considered updating old stuff that was there before. 

Glad you keep track of my posts. Hopefully the Dev team is also paying as close attention! 😄

2 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

fatigue over Praetoria

Just using your comment as a springboard, @BurtHutt, rather than specifically responding to you 🙂  For this player I heard a lot of fatigue over Incarnate Trials rather than what I'd call actual "Praetoria fatigue".  The main complaints I heard about Praetoria were (from those who liked it) (1) you got through it too fast due to how the contact caps worked and (2) no completion to 50.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

One of the best things they could do is link Neutropilis to First Ward in a way that doesn't make the player have to figure out there is more Praetoria content if they want it. Rather than the rush you out the gate to Primal Earth at 20. Make it a visible choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 6/30/2022 at 4:00 PM, BurtHutt said:

I do not want to see anything Praetoria etc added ever again. I still have fatigue from Live when all we got was piles of Praetoria rubbish over and over, issue after issue. Serenity now!

Sorry Mate, but I cannot agree with this comment. You must not have been able to glimpse very far into the heart, soul and dedication that it took to make what became the GOLDEN Gem that was the Praetorian Dimension.

Rubbish? Hardly, it was the story of a mirror world where things went south and all of humanity nearly suffered complete and total annihilation, to describe it as such does not reflect well on you. 

I'm thankful this is just one of VERY FEW negative opinions....

There's MANY among us who LOVED Praetoria/Going Rogue, and who would love to see something in the future with Praetoria, and this is just my passion speaking.

The devs DID come up with some new things on primal side mate, I'll list them for you since you have not bothered to check or maybe do not know (someone might have named some out already, but I'll go ahead and do so again): Sgt Schorr's Rogue Arc, The Vigilante Arc in Independence Port, Sister Valeria's Arc (brand spankin' new too!), Dr Aeon's Strike Force, The Post-Positron TF Arc (the one Piecmeal made), and its Redside counterpart, The Mapserver event (hilarious comedic) and YES even some NEW characters that didn't exist (the ones in the Aeon TF) and some more new Kheldian/Warshade stuff that just came out now! You literally CAN'T say that no new looks have come out because they HAVE, including the new costume contest zone that came out as well as the new monsters of the Devouring Earth (again Dr Aeon's TF). 

We can always agree to disagree, and that's the high note I'll end this reply on...

Edited by Panthonca7034
Positively clarifying a point
  • Thumbs Down 1

• 1 month later
On 7/3/2022 at 3:08 AM, FriezaReturns00001 said:

And to c ontinue on from my previous point; you don't necessarily need Longbow to carry out these dirty deeds. You could perhaps use the Wyvern - that's a gorup which doesn't get used all too much in the narrative wise. Perhaps the New Praetorians weed out a mole whose been abundantly within their ranks for years, kind of how Vangard sends out heroes to deal with traitors within Vangard ranks.

Again the idea is to build craft stories around the current groups settings and situations to then pave through a path from there onward towards a narrative(s) solutions for taking back Praetoria as a whole if in crawl-walk-run steps of "Hey we're setting up members for a regiment into taking back Praetoria"; Sometimes that may in-fact require the heroes to getting their hands dirty such with dealing with Crey permanently, or hell they could even use those PPD SWATs that always say "Paragon depends on heroes like you, someday I may requist assistance"<--- I mean that's a perfect narrative light I forgot never really may use of, start with this would be relatable with CoX gamers since it's core Paragon fiction grounded in setting we have, helping out the PPD or a off-duty that gets attacked maybe?! Conversely, maybe there are more members from those previous Knives of Artemetis missions that wish to defect! :classic_laugh: Remember it was the upper echelons that screwed up Praetoria, most of what was stable.

Also keep in mind, most stories are required to drag on, realistically speaking, you kind of need a build up phase before anything else, the likes of SWOTR's Eternal Empire Arc is/was a perfect example of a good narrative long story and the dev team could bring on members who that would wire in that light. What do I mean, I'm saying how they rescue someone important as times have moved on but mabe reaching out to people and/or build up towards for an Alliance as a possible idea.

I really LIKE where you're going with this idea! Theres' a lot of characters in Praetoria that we don't know what happened to them, some crusaders, some wardens and others that weren't spoken about ever again. Then there's also Primal Characters whose Praetorian counterparts I'd like to see, or flesh out.

I could def see Rogue/Vigilante perspectives on the Praetorian side :) so thus far we have SOME consensus that a level 50 zone in Praetoria with some contacts would DEFINITELY be in order :D

Edited by Panthonca7034
Additional point