Do you incarnates disappear over time?

Diantane

To the question in the title, no.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

14 minutes ago, Diantane said:

You click on Powers, then Incarnate Abilities. The first page shows up that says stuff like: Hybrid, Lore, Destiny -- that is all empty

Is it possible that they are not equipped?  If so that initial page would appear blank until selecting one of the slots.  At that point the right hand column would populate with any that you had crafted for that slot.

Is it also possible that you're on a toon with a few vet levels and a bunch of un-spent Incarnate Salvage/Etc and iPowers weren't actually crafted on that alt?

But no.  Only Temp Powers decay over time, and only a subset of those at that.

And, Welcome Back.

• Thumbs Up 3

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

At vet level 3 I don't believe you would have had a lot of incarnate abilities to slot, or even most of the slots unlocked.

I have characters I haven't played in many months and I've never lost anything other than a temp power.  Check your character to see how many incarnate components, emps, astrals, shards, and threads you have. Check the front page of your incarnate powers screen and see how many of the slots are actually unlocked.  

Edited by Andreah
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Diantane said:

Do you think I should submit a ticket on it?

Do this first:

26 minutes ago, Andreah said:

Check your character to see how many incarnate components, emps, astrals, shards, and threads you have. Check the front page of your incarnate powers screen and see how many of the slots are actually unlocked.  

At Vet Level three I'd expect Alpha unlocked, maybe the next two?  Certainly they'd be well underway at that point.  Not sure I would expect much to have been crafted, certainly not a couple tiers deep into several of the slots.

If you've still got the Empy merits from attaining VL3, then likely iPowers were left un-crafted on that toon.

If nothing else a ticket never hurts.  Not sure what tools they'd have to look into the toon's history though.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thumbs Up 4

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

3 hours ago, Andreah said:

At vet level 3 I don't believe you would have had a lot of incarnate abilities to slot, or even most of the slots unlocked.

Just casual observation, but I usually notice that Hybrid finally unlocks when I'm Incarnate level 9.

20 hours ago, Techwright said:

Just casual observation, but I usually notice that Hybrid finally unlocks when I'm Incarnate level 9.

I doubt this is the case here, but since you can use a combination of influence and threads to buy incarnate XP, someone with a lot of inf and emps/transcendents to move around could buy their way to a fully open incarnate tree and still be vet level 3 (maybe less?). Absent something like that, I think you're right.

At v3 all incarnate slots should be unlocked by then and probably enough threads to have alpha t3 and maybe one other t3 as well or getting close. 

EDIT: just ran a test on a fresh 50. by the end of vet lvl 3 i had 5/6 incarnates unlocked.

Edited by Rokkeb
testing

45 minutes ago, Rokkeb said:

At v3 all incarnate slots should be unlocked by then and probably enough threads to have alpha t3 and maybe one other t3 as well or getting close. 

Nope.  I just checked a character who is vet level 5 and his Hybrid slot is only half-way to unlocked.

All unlocked by vet 3?  Nope.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

19 hours ago, Rokkeb said:

18 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Nope.  I just checked a character who is vet level 5 and his Hybrid slot is only half-way to unlocked.

I don't think I've unlocked all incarnate slots at such a low veteran level... I don't vary up my playstyles, so I can't attest that there may not be some combination of play that grants Incarnate XP so fast relative to regular XP.

22 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Yeah thats why I said "or getting close" 5/6 unlocked at v3 and the final 6th being unlocked by v4 would fall under "or close" to me. And i just tested on my 50 stalker. he's 64% through hybrid and only 20% through vet lvl 4. will have hybrid unlocked way before vet lvl 5.

So, the question posed is "Do you incarnates disappear over time?". 

The answer is no. 

Some of us are no longer seen, and you might think we disappeared. But, no, we just haven't logged in. Some of us are hidden, and possibly playing on a different server, but I seriously doubt any of us have truly disappeared over time. 

But, given the premise of a lower population player base, I can see why one might ask the question. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

So, the question posed is "Do you incarnates disappear over time?". 

The answer is no.

Okay, Snarky, how did you get on Ukase's account?  😛

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.