Super Strength Scrappers

Bojutsu

What is stopping this from happening? It must be something technical because we have Stone Scrappers and Claws Tankers, for example. 

Maybe it has something to do with the power "Rage" and it being too powerful on a Scrapper? There must be a way to balance this power for a Scrapper, or replace it with something different.

I would really like to be able to make a Super Strength Scrapper for a Hero theme character. I don't want to make a "Hero Brute" because that is too contradictory to me. 

• Like 2

Kinda the same reason why Regen isn't propagated to Tanks.

Due to AT mods, they either have to create an inferior copy of the original power set, or they're stuck dealing with a confluence of things resulting in a badly, brokenly over-powered combination.

• Like 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I should say that I don't know anything about game development. I'm sure there is a good reason, and I have no idea how easy or hard or possible or not it is to balance the set for Scrappers.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Kinda the same reason why Regen isn't propagated to Tanks.

Due to AT mods, they either have to create an inferior copy of the original power set, or they're stuck dealing with a confluence of things resulting in a badly, brokenly over-powered combination.

There was another option: rework the set so that it was neither over or underpowered and then the AT mods for Tank, Brute, Scrapper would have functioned correctly with identical base values. Alas, that was not the choice they wanted.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes I wish we could port stuff like this for funsies on Brainstorm, just so we can see what it would look like if a scrapper with double stacked rage and critical strikes proc lands a KO Blow. It could make for some interesting conversation soup.

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

7 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

There was another option: rework the set so that it was neither over or underpowered and then the AT mods for Tank, Brute, Scrapper would have functioned correctly with identical base values. Alas, that was not the choice they wanted.

Basically it'd be more productive to simply build a new set.

Because reworking an extant set to proliferate it AND rebalance is a thankless task.  Even if you do it RIGHT.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Basically it'd be more productive to simply build a new set.

Because reworking an extant set to proliferate it AND rebalance is a thankless task.  Even if you do it RIGHT.

You're not wrong but I'd rather be right than liked. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later
On 7/6/2022 at 3:36 PM, Bojutsu said:

What is stopping this from happening? It must be something technical because we have Stone Scrappers and Claws Tankers, for example. 

Maybe it has something to do with the power "Rage" and it being too powerful on a Scrapper? There must be a way to balance this power for a Scrapper, or replace it with something different.

I would really like to be able to make a Super Strength Scrapper for a Hero theme character. I don't want to make a "Hero Brute" because that is too contradictory to me. 

every day I hope for this back on live there were lots of arguments why super strength was tank and brute only, my argument was that ANIME/Manga Characters have martial art archetypes that had immense super strength, and Chinese comics/characters OMG insane levels of super strength with kung fu lmao, but I can understand if working out the attack values would be difficult.

Edited by MIGHTYMOUSE1981

Stronger looking Female Aesthetic and stance {Let's make this happen}

Superhuman Assault (Super Strength port for Dominators idea)

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33605-superhuman-assault-super-strength-port-for-dominators-idea/

• 3 weeks later

Stalkers getting /stone pretty much got rid of the argument for certain ATs logically not having certain powersets. StJ feels like a 'fixed' version of SS. Also, if Scrappers got SS, Stalkers should as well, and lordy FS while Hidden and Stalker ATOs.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Would SS be OP on a Scrapper?  I know I have a non 50 StJ/INV Scrapper waiting for SS to get ported over, but that's purely for concept reasons like Hurl 🙂

Is it just Rage that would make it so?  Or the idea of KB with a crit?  Seeing as how we have ET and CS with modified crits (tho CS should really get some crit damage added to it), so that seems like it could be done as well.

53 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Would SS be OP on a Scrapper?  I know I have a non 50 StJ/INV Scrapper waiting for SS to get ported over, but that's purely for concept reasons like Hurl 🙂

Is it just Rage that would make it so?  Or the idea of KB with a crit?  Seeing as how we have ET and CS with modified crits (tho CS should really get some crit damage added to it), so that seems like it could be done as well.

Yes it would.

The way Rage works would make scrappers ridiculous.
They'd have to either severely nerf or replace Rage.
Which would then necessitate a damage rebalance for the rest of the set.
At which point, it's probably easier to just build out a new set...

I think that what they did to Energy Transfer when they ported EM to Scrappers shows that they don't want Scrappers to be able to do too much damage, but they want to set that hard ceiling without all of the work to rebalance all of the relevant power sets.

So at this point it's obvious that they're either never going to port SS to Scrappers, or they'll do a nerfed version of it without Rage.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• 3 weeks later
4 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

I'm all for reworking SS to not have Rage, honestly.

Heck, it's the main reason I want to see Scrappers with the set, at this point.

As an SS tank, you'd have to come fight ME for it... If you want to change SS.

I might not kill you (but don't underestimate me).
But there's  NO WAY IN HELL you do more than tickle me...

Better off creating a new set that's SS with the numbers filed off, and tweaked for the Rage-haters.

Call it "Grunt Hard" or something...

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

I mean, you might as well not even both trying during the crashes.

Super Strength, the only power set that gets inherent "alt-tab".

And if I managed to splat you outside of the crashes?