recipe drops

kelika2

theres too many to really list but you will get the idea

Can all levels get all leveled recipe drops?  Example:

Touch of Death set is a 20-40 set, can level 5s to 50 see these drop?  a level 19 can get a level 20 recipe drop, and a 50 can see a level 40 recipe drop

other stuff like decimation and... others

Why? Using Touch of Death as an example because you did. Touch of Death is a 20-40 set. If a level 5 can get it as a drop, then what? The level 5 can't use it for another 12 levels. The level 5 can't even afford to craft it. I could see drops being available when you're 3 levels or less away from its level. You can use it. I can see a level 50 getting the recipe drop too, but I'd be willing to bet players would be upset their level 50 got a level 40 drop. Especially since they can just flashback to the 20-40 range and try for the drop or buy it.

Unless you want the higher level recipes for selling purposes?

• Thumbs Up 2

Granted, one of the (semi) nice things about hopping on MSRs is getting common 50 recipes at low level... where that 70-100k for vendoring them is a nice piece of change...

But otherwise, yeah, having recipes I can't use for another 10-15-20-30 levels drop means the stuff I *can* use is less likely to drop.

• Thanks 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:02 AM, Rudra said:

Touch of Death is a 20-40 set. If a level 5 can get it as a drop, then what?

If we only got one drop a week, and not being able to trade it, and it deleted your account if it sat in your inventory for more than 5 minutes, and if level 5 was the uphill in show both ways and back requiring two fire tanks, two emps and 4 fire blasters per group all groups all the time grinding all weekend long to get to level 6, I can see this being a problem.  But its not

A level 5 can sell it on the market to pay for SOs or other enhancements

A level 5 can save it for later

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That was a nonsense response. The point is that the level 5 could not use it. Not for another 12 levels. As opposed to getting drops the level 5 could use. At the time the character got the recipe drop. What would be the point of getting a level 20 minimum, level 25 minimum, level 30 minimum, level anything too high for use minimum recipe? Aside from just selling it on the AH for money like you just said. None. You just want a shortcut to accumulating inf'.

Leave the drops at the point where they can actually be used by the character getting them. You want lower level drops? Orouboros has you covered. So does the AH. So does using your reward merits. So does running around with a lower level team. You want higher level drops? Join a higher level team. Use your merits.

I don't see any good arguments on this.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove excess word "stay".

1 minute ago, biostem said:

It would be nice, as an option, to be able to receive recipe drops for sets that you have outleveled.

Could this be why alternate means of acquiring said recipes exist (AE Tickets, Merits, Black Market, etc.)?

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 minutes ago, Troo said:

Could this be why alternate means of acquiring said recipes exist (AE Tickets, Merits, Black Market, etc.)?

I can't speak to the original intent.  It's not impossible, but then you have to wonder what proportion of crafted/utilized IOs are meant to be from random drops or directly purchased through merits or the AH...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking it is less what is the proportion of what is intended as drops versus purchase, and more just that the means was already given to us to get any recipe we want because the Live devs heard people asking for the ability to get them. We have the means of getting those recipes right now. Without throwing level 40-50 recipes at low levels for no good reason.

Edit: Hells. Low levels already have a means of getting high level recipe drops. Just not purple drops. They can join a high level team that is willing to take them on.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, biostem said:

I can't speak to the original intent.  It's not impossible, but then you have to wonder what proportion of crafted/utilized IOs are meant to be from random drops or directly purchased through merits or the AH...

I had assumed the idea was to use 'other' means to fill in sets rather than wait for that one perfect drop over and over. I could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Edit: Hells. Low levels already have a means of getting high level recipe drops. Just not purple drops. They can join a high level team that is willing to take them on.

I believe sitters can get Purples.

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I could swear that your character has to be level 50 to get purple drops. And sidekicking only gets you up to level 49. Edit: Unless incarnate content allows sidekicking at level 50 due to the team leader's incarnate shifts?

Edit: Never mind. You have to be 50 to slot them, but yeah, pretty sure you're right and they start dropping at 47.

Edited by Rudra

On 7/10/2022 at 1:41 AM, kelika2 said:

Can all levels get all leveled recipe drops?

Already in the game.  https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sidekick

13 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I could swear that your character has to be level 50 to get purple drops.

Critter level is the determinant.  As long as the critter cons green or better (no less than -3 to the character) and has purples in its drop table (nominally level 47 or higher), the character can receive purples even if that character is a level 1 sidekicked up.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

If we only got one drop a week, and not being able to trade it, and it deleted your account if it sat in your inventory for more than 5 minutes, and if level 5 was the uphill in show both ways and back requiring two fire tanks, two emps and 4 fire blasters per group all groups all the time grinding all weekend long to get to level 6, I can see this being a problem.  But its not

A level 5 can sell it on the market to pay for SOs or other enhancements

A level 5 can save it for later

Up hill, both ways, in the snow with no shoes?