The Pretty Good AE Debate

MoonSheep

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

You’re not capable of civil and reasonable conversation. 

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

The fact that you are incapable of distinguishing between those anecdotal claims suggests severely limited intelligence. And yes, you deserve to be insulted after that

Just saying 😉😁 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, arcane said:

Now, on the other hand, comparing claims that AE is top tier rewards to Bigfoot… that’s some seriously disingenuous stuff. 

Let's not change the narrative here. The claim was that AE offered the best rewards in game. Not simply top tier rewards. For the inevitable confusion among some of you, that was intended to mean that you can get better rewards per hour in terms of influence than you can get anywhere else in game so naturally, AE farming must go. Until I see an actual mountain of empirical evidence that someone marketeering in the AH does worse than AE farming, I'm going to call you all out for supporting a bunch of BS.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Could you do your job and delete posts that merit deletion? Thanks.

I propose we just lock it and place a moratorium on any kind of discussion thread about AE Farming instead. They all end up in the graveyard anyway because everybody has too strong of feelings about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 minute ago, Frostbiter said:

I propose we just lock it and place a moratorium on any kind of discussion thread about AE Farming instead. They all end up in the graveyard anyway because everybody has too strong of feelings about it.

Please and Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

/e poofgone

Just now, Frostbiter said:

OR .. we could allow people to share opinions, share data and properly close the topic as it should be once all the users see the lie that is being sold about AE.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Could you do your job and delete posts that merit deletion? Thanks.

They are but there's quite a bit of vitriol in this thread it seems.

It's AE, not the end of the world lol. Folks are trying to insult intelligence over a video game, showing their intrinsic lack thereof. And ironically your post is most likely going to get deleted. I mean, as it should, but still hilarious!

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Just now, Stoked said:

OR .. we could allow people to share opinions, share data and properly close the topic as it should be once all the users see the lie that is being sold about AE.

I would prefer to keep the discussion going. 

But if Widower wanted the aggression gone, he would’ve done something about the insult posts that create the hostility, including my own.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Stoked said:

But when we speed run LSRF or do back to back SBB's and start selling drops this BS narrative you've chosen to support will quickly come apart.

Do you have anything more than anecdotal evidence to support this claim? If so please provide so we can all parse through that data together.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

5 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

I do not think the thread should be closed.  Prune it of any noise and personal insults, but I do think that it should be allowed to remain open.  Especially since there are people posting actual data and information.  I think that is a good thing.   More data means more information and more understanding of what the situation really is, regardless of what side of the fence the data lands on.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ShardWarrior said:

I do not think the thread should be closed.  Prune it of any noise and personal insults, but I do think that it should be allowed to remain open.  Especially since there are people posting actual data and information.  I think that is a good thing.   More data means more information and more understanding of what the situation really is, regardless of what side of the fence the data lands on.

Should I complain of the thumbs down you gave me for suggesting it? Nah, not enough to bother with.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

5 minutes ago, Marbing said:

Do you have anything more than anecdotal evidence to support this claim? If so please provide so we can all parse through that data together.

As I said earlier, several of us will be working over the next couple days/nights to get real data about farming event content like SBB. Again, the point here is that AE is being thrown under the bus because it has the best rewards/hr of anything else in game. If our data, combined with that of Bionic Flea and others does nothing more than prove AE does marginally better or worse than "regular" content we will have already proven the narrative false. Anyone with 1/2 brain already understands that it isn't AE that is the real target for the illicit farming. Only marketeering on AH can give you enough of a return to entice bad actors to do what they do. Making AE the target is in itself what's so ridiculous because you can't touch the returns of marketeering by sitting in any farm AE or otherwise.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

You can complain about whatever you like.  😉

Oooh Permission! Thanks stranger!

• Haha 4

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

1 hour ago, Stoked said:

While various people run tests and collect data, I think it's important to note that absolutely no testing was appare tly done before the claims made about AE being the best reward machine in game. Just another example of a lie perpetuated by a select few to support the narrative.

data will certainly be helpful yes

do you feel it’s likely there will be similar AFK rewards observed outside of AE?

i see from @Ukase’s insightful post that he’s able to earn around 64m per hour afk - i’d be very surprised if this level of reward is being achieved outside of AE. you seem to be quite confident it is - can you provide examples?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

data will certainly be helpful yes

do you feel it’s likely there will be similar AFK rewards observed outside of AE?

i see from @Ukase’s insightful post that he’s able to earn around 64m per hour afk - i’d be very surprised if this level of reward is being achieved outside of AE. you seem to be quite confident it is - can you provide examples?

So now we are arbitrarily moving goal posts by adding the criteria of AFK farming?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

So now we are arbitrarily moving goal posts by adding the criteria of AFK farming?

Of course!  Gotta do something to keep the narrative alive.  Next it will be you can only compare AT to AT using the same power sets and same exact builds running the same specific content.  Of course they want to include that because that's one area where AE is going to be better in that narrow situation because you can control what map you run.  It's utterly hilarious that when you asked for criteria, you got belittled and berated for it.  Now all of a sudden that others are posting their findings that don't jive with the bullshit "AE is the best!" narrative trying to be forced on us, the goalposts must be moved and all kinds of restrictions need to be put into place to make sure it rings true.  It's all hypocritical nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Well that certainly should’ve been included from the start…

Nope.  What other goal posts would you like to move now?

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• City Council

I don't want to close this thread for good until after the beta is over so that it won't spill back into the focused feedback threads, but if cooling off voluntarily is not possible, then I think this'll be shut down for today. Come back in 24 hours.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

11 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

so you are saying you are gourd to go?

16 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I kind of feel like I made my point. But since it's re-opened, I'm still not out my gourd. And if I were, I still have Nectanabo's gourd to replace it. 

Good Gourd what are we talking about now??

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.