I Thought Super Stunners Did Not Rez If...

Erratic1

If a Super Stunner falls in the forest and there is nobody around does that jerk still drain my endurance?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

You've mentioned this before and it was suggested that maybe you were experiencing lag or something.  I don't know what else to tell you.  You can review the description of Reserve Power on City of Data if you like.  It's a 25ft radius auto-hit PBAoE.  If no enemy (of the Stunner, this would include pets or allied NPCs of the players) is in range then they don't rez.  I've seen this work many times.   But lag between your client and the server can also affect things.  Most often I see this hopping into a pack of enemies and triggering a PBAoE attack too quickly.  It hits nobody if the server hasn't caught up to my new position in time.  i.e. It thinks I activated the PBAoE before moving in range of the enemies and it hits nobody.

One thing I see happen fairly often with Stunners is someone hits them with a knockback that kills them.  They land a good distance away but still rez.  This is because there's no delay on their rez.  It doesn't fire where they land.  It fires where they were defeated.   So if that's not the case that you saw then it's either lag or something went wrong.  The power should work the way it's described.  And I've seen it work that way because I usually TRY to knock them back from the team with a Nem Staff if I can.  And if none of the melee or pets chase it, it works.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ZemX said:

You've mentioned this before and it was suggested that maybe you were experiencing lag or something.  I don't know what else to tell you.  You can review the description of Reserve Power on City of Data if you like.  It's a 25ft radius auto-hit PBAoE.  If no enemy (of the Stunner, this would include pets or allied NPCs of the players) is in range then they don't rez.  I've seen this work many times.   But lag between your client and the server can also affect things.  Most often I see this hopping into a pack of enemies and triggering a PBAoE attack too quickly.  It hits nobody if the server hasn't caught up to my new position in time.  i.e. It thinks I activated the PBAoE before moving in range of the enemies and it hits nobody.

One thing I see happen fairly often with Stunners is someone hits them with a knockback that kills them.  They land a good distance away but still rez.  This is because there's no delay on their rez.  It doesn't fire where they land.  It fires where they were defeated.   So if that's not the case that you saw then it's either lag or something went wrong.  The power should work the way it's described.  And I've seen it work that way because I usually TRY to knock them back from the team with a Nem Staff if I can.  And if none of the melee or pets chase it, it works.

I was on a melee character and intentionally avoided going anywhere near the stunners in question. My only guess at this point is perhaps the 25 yard limit was breached by one of the ranged characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've also noticed that "jousting" to get the final hit and (hopefully) land out of range doesn't work because you're in the area when they lost their last HP, regardless of where you are when their animation goes off.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

23 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

...if nobody was nearby when they died.

They don't.  I've verified this many times.  Like while I was soloing the Yin TF three times last week.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

9 hours ago, Ringo said:

It'd be nice if their rez somehow needed end to cast

As the name of the rez is "Reserve Power" it suggests, conceptually, the Stunner is tapping some backup battery to revive (though the text description of the power is just a copy of Soul Drain)

But you're right.  It's also the Stunner's most dangerous AoE attack, even just on damage, to say nothing of the crippling end drain and recovery debuff.  

10 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Can psuedopets trigger the rez?

I wouldn't think so as pseudopets are normally not targetable.   But it does make me wonder about Oil Slick... 

Also what about Decoys?  I would guess that although they can't be damaged or drained, they would still fuel the rez merely because they can be targeted and attacked.

14 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Can psuedopets trigger the rez?

I had to re-read that like four times because my brain would not stop telling me it said pseudopods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Im glad they rez, then I get to kill them again. Stoopit Freaks.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 8/1/2022 at 11:14 PM, Erratic1 said:

...if nobody was nearby when they died. But twice tonight seen them rezzing with nobody around when killed by ranged attacks.

Didja check the area for rats?  Rats do have a way of stepping in when all hope is lost:  giving their lives to rez Super Stunners, walking across weird quantum control panels in tacky vans, that sort of thing.