What's your favorite content and why?

Bionic_Flea

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

DING! addiction is real.

Well, I guess that's one way to look at it, but I meant it in terms of liking progression and learning, not in terms of being a dopamine addicted slave to leveling.  I'm not going to play a card game of War with a friend, unless it was extremely important to them and we were able to have good conversation during the process.  I'd be more willing to play bridge since I would probably learn how to play the game better during the process, which would enhance my experience.

This game is a lot closer to War than bridge, and I mostly solo, so I'm just gonna stick to the things that I enjoy about it and not worry about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

I like Incarnate content. Pre-i19, hitting level 50 felt like a death sentence rather than an accomplishment. There was really no content after that. Once 50, fully IO then my heroes were typically shelved and a new character created. When incarnates came out, every hero was dusted off and replayed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I like new and difficult trials and raids.  I love trying to figure out the puzzle of how best to defeat these new obstacles.  I still remember the new Hamidon Raid being on test and a group of us trying it out.  BaBs came by to supervise and yelled "RUN!" when it started going south.  Someone else said "We are running" and he said, "RUN FASTER!!"  Luckily someone had the forethought to bring a /dark and Howling Twilight did the job.  Good times.

Hmm.

I'd say "RP and everything around it," for one. It's what I'm mostly doing. Even running MSRs, which ... for reward, sure, and the occasional hami, if it weren't for the BSing with everyone there, I wouldn't go.

Specific content wise? Much of what's in the 20-mid30 range. Keith Nance/Jenny Adair, Croatoa, Striga. Croatoa has some nice self challenges (keep up the 0 fir bolg escapes, for instance.)

(Also why I'll PL VEATs, for instance, to the mid 20s or so. That forced respec at 24 feels like I've wasted 24 levels of play, no matter what I do during them, and given I don't care for the VEAT arcs either - I'll just skip to that.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Cheating the question a little, but hands-down my favorite 'content' is running Halloween leagues in PI.  Do a little ToT in between hunting GMs, with the occasional Banner/Zombie event thrown in, plus the little mini-game of managing invite snipes, lining up my Incandescent folks, trying to establish some semblance of balance in team composition when people are adding and dropping every 2 minutes, making sure the Tip mission kids get paired off, keeping track of the 50s so I can move them around when one team suddenly drops to lvl 14, working the chat to identify a successor for when I have to bail... it's a whole thing.  What's weird is, I cannot stand leading teams, but ToT Leagues, with all this extra horsecrap, I jump right in.  

Anyway, once the event is over, I go back to farming alts and I only pop out of AE to do MSRs or the occasional ITF or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Warning: possible unpopular opinion.

My favorite content? The AE. Why? Several reasons.

1. I can go at my own pace. I have to AFK often due to real life things going on, so I can pause my farm, go do what I need to do, and come back and push on. I am also deaf IRL, which makes doing some activities difficult at times, particularly on ITFs where nothing is explained, I am never given time to read anything, and its always "gogogofasterfasterfasterhurryhurryhurry" from the random people you team with.

2. I am not "artificially encouraged" to group with people I just soon avoid interaction with, including but not limited to - people who bring up hot topics, such as religion or politics. The "gogogogofasterfasterfaster" players, the "git gud scrub" players, or the "zomg you took THAT power?" sorts of players.

3. I am rewarded for my invested time doing an activity that I enjoy, instead of getting a lesser reward for doing something I enjoy, OR a greater reward for something I DONT enjoy. But apparently that is going to change, at least according to some polls/claims here on the forums.

4. I can multibox on my own without unduly interfering in the play of others.

5. I control the context of the mission - the damage, their levels, what they are, the map, so on. All of which is very lovely when multiboxing.

6. I can use the AE as a tool to teach others about complex builds or classes, such as Masterminds.

7. I don't have to put up with the antics or trolling behavior from random people in order to advance my character. As an example, I was running DFB yesterday trying to get the badges. Well, 3 runs and we had one random person purposefully sabotaging it. They got booted, then they swapped characters, and did it again.

And, apparently, Post 50 veteran exp/rewards are going to get nerfed in AE's. How simply wonderful. So much for "play your way." I might be willing to accept a exp penalty or something, but to be removed entirely more or less feels like a big middle finger. And personally I hope it backfires, but that's just me. Honestly it's reaching the point where more players might just move onto something else rather than be brow-beaten into activities in a game they don't particularly enjoy. AE has already been nerfed before. And they want to nerf it again? I half expect them to just remove it entirely at this point. But that won't "make" people do missions or other things. I expect people will just run PI missions. Personally I will likely do the same, the only difference is I won't be so keen on helping others or allowing random people to join my team. Especially if I have to now do that just to get my incarnate or veteran rewards. So in effect, that might make "less teaming" rather than more. Food for thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, Krimson said:

I like post 50 content, and I like AE, because when I play a game that is allegedly about being a Superhero though not really, I want to feel SUPER. If I want an experience that opposes the path to Superdom at every turn, I'll just play a game where I have no powers. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:41 AM, roleki said:

Anyway, once the event is over, I go back to farming alts and I only pop out of AE to do MSRs or the occasional ITF or whatever.

57 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Warning: possible unpopular opinion.

1. I can go at my own pace. I have to AFK often due to real life things going on, so I can pause my farm, go do what I need to do, and come back and push on. I am also deaf IRL, which makes doing some activities difficult at times, particularly on ITFs where nothing is explained, I am never given time to read anything, and its always "gogogofasterfasterfasterhurryhurryhurry" from the random people you team with.

2. I am not "artificially encouraged" to group with people I just soon avoid interaction with, including but not limited to - people who bring up hot topics, such as religion or politics. The "gogogogofasterfasterfaster" players, the "git gud scrub" players, or the "zomg you took THAT power?" sorts of players.

3. I am rewarded for my invested time doing an activity that I enjoy, instead of getting a lesser reward for doing something I enjoy, OR a greater reward for something I DONT enjoy. But apparently that is going to change, at least according to some polls/claims here on the forums.

4. I can multibox on my own without unduly interfering in the play of others.

5. I control the context of the mission - the damage, their levels, what they are, the map, so on. All of which is very lovely when multiboxing.

6. I can use the AE as a tool to teach others about complex builds or classes, such as Masterminds.

7. I don't have to put up with the antics or trolling behavior from random people in order to advance my character. As an example, I was running DFB yesterday trying to get the badges. Well, 3 runs and we had one random person purposefully sabotaging it. They got booted, then they swapped characters, and did it again.

And, apparently, Post 50 veteran exp/rewards are going to get nerfed in AE's. How simply wonderful. So much for "play your way." I might be willing to accept a exp penalty or something, but to be removed entirely more or less feels like a big middle finger. And personally I hope it backfires, but that's just me. Honestly it's reaching the point where more players might just move onto something else rather than be brow-beaten into activities in a game they don't particularly enjoy. AE has already been nerfed before. And they want to nerf it again? I half expect them to just remove it entirely at this point. But that won't "make" people do missions or other things. I expect people will just run PI missions. Personally I will likely do the same, the only difference is I won't be so keen on helping others or allowing random people to join my team. Especially if I have to now do that just to get my incarnate or veteran rewards. So in effect, that might make "less teaming" rather than more. Food for thought.

Agree with everything @Krimson and @roleki posted above. 

I completely agree with @Neiska and would add;

8.  Not wanting to get buried under layer upon layer upon layer upon layer of VFX spam from other players

9.  Being able to actually contribute something before mobs are completely annihilated by everyone else. 

Nor would I call what @Neiskaposted an unpopular opinion.  The overwhelming majority of the people in the circles I run in play the same way for the same reasons.  It seems to me that the reasons people have for not wanting to be "encouraged" into teaming for "correct/right" content either gets lost, is just plain ignored or are never taken seriously into consideration.  I think it safe to say we all want to feel super playing this game, however we feel super in different ways doing different things. 

I also believe the AE changes in this update are going to backfire.  Of course I certainly hope it does not, however in our group discussions and chat it certainly seems like this is encouraging people into even more farming to make up for the lost EMP to merit conversion.  I guess we can hope for the best. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

I appreciate the response and sympathize with a lot of it.  I spend a lot of my time solo because I am self employed and work from home much of the time.  I can play the game at will, but I might also have to stop suddenly to answer a call or an e-mail and sometimes what I think will be a few minutes may end up being a few hours.  But I can solo run story arcs and radios/papers and even some TFs/Trials just as well as I can solo in AE.  However, I can see that finding glowies might be harder without sound.

I have also seen some people be jerks, but I think the majority of people that play this game will go out of their way to be helpful if you ask.

I don't know if you have tried the AE on test to see what you think.  Especially if you have your own custom farms or arcs.  You may need to make some adjustments to them, but I didn't find it too bad.  You might find it bad, but we won't know till you try it.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I also believe the AE changes in this update are going to backfire.  Of course I certainly hope it does not, however in our group discussions and chat it certainly seems like this is encouraging people into even more farming to make up for the lost EMP to merit conversion.  I guess we can hope for the best. 

Well, I am reading conflicting things - that AE is getting veteran exp nerfed, or that Merit conversion is getting nerfed. Personally I have never converted EMP's, I usually hold onto those to get a jump on my alts Initial T3 Alpha - super important for Masterminds, my favored AT. A fresh MM is very weak until they get that T3 Alpha, due to how level shifts and the pets being a lower level interact. But right now I am not sure which is going to happen - either the Post 50 vet EXP Nerf, or the Conversion nerf, both nerfs, or neither. I have been told any mix of them.

3 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I don't know if you have tried the AE on test to see what you think.  Especially if you have your own custom farms or arcs.  You may need to make some adjustments to them, but I didn't find it too bad.  You might find it bad, but we won't know till you try it.

No, I don't have a beta/test account or character. I have to go by rumors, or what I read on the forums, or what I manage to see from a GM post which isn't always easy to find. I have no custom AE's, I have a few that I enjoy but I also like just trying random ones people have made. It can be exciting sometimes, picking a random AE and seeing what's there.

1 minute ago, Neiska said:

Well, I am reading conflicting things - that AE is getting veteran exp nerfed, or that Merit conversion is getting nerfed. Personally I have never converted EMP's, I usually hold onto those to get a jump on my alts Initial T3 Alpha - super important for Masterminds, my favored AT. A fresh MM is very weak until they get that T3 Alpha, due to how level shifts and the pets being a lower level interact. But right now I am not sure which is going to happen - either the Post 50 vet EXP Nerf, or the Conversion nerf, both nerfs, or neither. I have been told any mix of them.

It started with no more veteran XP being able to be earned in AE and that got changed to you can still earn Vet XP in AE but you can no longer convert Empyrean merits to Reward Merits.  Like you, I had never made that conversion so I prefer that.  Other people converted who never step foot in AE and they're upset now.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I'll ask you as well.  Have you tried it on test?

Yes, I have tested quite a few things on the test server to lend whatever help I can.  What exactly would you like me to test again?  Per the patch notes -

On 7/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, Booper said:

Merit Rewards

• The Empyrean/Astral Merit to Reward Merit conversion has been removed from Reward Merit vendors.
On 7/12/2022 at 2:17 PM, The Curator said:

Architect Entertainment

• Characters at Level 50 can no longer earn experience towards the Veteran Level rewards (Veteran Badges, Incarnate Threads, and Empyrean Merits) from Architect Entertainment content; this does not apply to Incarnate Slot Experience which can still be earned in AE.

Unless either one of those things have changed, there really is no reason for me to waste the time testing any further.  I know you have read enough of my posts on this topic in various threads to understand my thoughts on these specific changes.  It is nice they added Veteran levels back, but the EMP to Merit conversion is the bigger issue for me.

What other information would you like me to provide?  Do I need to repeat myself yet again?  I am certainly happy to do that if you need me to.

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Yes, I have tested quite a few things on the test server to lend whatever help I can.  What exactly would you like me to test again?

No need to repeat what you said before.  As you said, I am aware of your prior posts.  But I may have missed where you actually went on test server and provided your feedback based on that experience.  I clicked on the links provided thinking that you had attached your tests or feedback, but it was just the patch notes, which I have also read.  What precisely did you test and what help did you provide?

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

No need to repeat what you said before.  As you said, I am aware of your prior posts.  But I may have missed where you actually went on test server and provided your feedback based on that experience.  I clicked on the links provided thinking that you had attached your tests or feedback, but it was just the patch notes, which I have also read.  What precisely did you test and what help did you provide?

I have already provided my feedback in the Beta thread for Reward merits.  Here are just a few links to my posts there.

What else can I do for you?

• Like 1

Just now, Bionic_Flea said:

Yes.  You can answer whether you have actually logged into test server and tried anything, or just gave your opinions based on reading patch notes and other players.  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Yes, I have.  Would you like links to all of the posts I made on the items I tested?  Or can you manage to use the search function on your own?  Happy to do it for you if you need me to carry you.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Sure.  Knock yourself out.  All I found was a Temporal Warrior test.  So good on you for trying that out.

Here is a picture of me on Brainstorm just 3 minutes ago showing that the EMP to Merit reward is removed from the Merit Vendor.  What else can I do for you?  Or would you like to continue trolling? 

HiFlea.png

• Thanks 1