The Truly Final Forever Scrapper Contest!!!

Yomo Kimyata

On 9/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

To reiterate, what I end up with may not be one of the 12 I'm test driving. 

On 9/28/2022 at 2:26 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I somehow ended up with two PM/Ice (one I forgot about around lvl 20, the other took to 50 then stopped -- I didn't have a good theme or costume for him) and a PM/Energy around 20 as well.  My play style went from psychic swords, psychic swords, psychic swords, to BAM all Mass Levitate all the time.

Well, @StriderIV called me out on it, but /Shield elevates Psi/ in so many ways, including style factor/rule of cool. Let's look at some of your original parameters:

On 6/26/2022 at 7:42 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I would like a scrapper that can run +3/x8 content solo at level 49 and +4/x8 at 50, not necessarily at zerg speeds, but not one that has to skip certain enemy groups or downgrade difficulty ratings.  I think that's probably a reasonable assumption with just about any scrapper.

Can do. Easy to over-cap defenses, lots of ddr, 2100ish HP possible with accolades, solid resists. The 1-2 KU/KD combo of ML and SC keeps the chaff busy with being juggled.  GPB's excellent hold is worth leveraging (more on that below), and it is a literal eraser ... just big, big damage.

I like having a good set of attacks, both single target and AoE.

IT is true - spamming mass lev can get a little tedious; I hear tell of people running Psi/Sd/Mu to make up for the AoE and mix the snipe into the attack chain, but I've not tried it. This may or may not take some form of endo management via iPowers.

I am not a fan of elemental weapon animations, but I can work past that.  

Yeah, I get you. I don't like the fire/ice blades either.  I laugh a little with the Psi fists, but my "Rule of Cool" build doesn't use them. Still, they are hilarious in a good way.

The thing is that color matching the Elemental:Energy shield to the PM attacks is visual excellence.

Bonus points for doing Hover/EvM build. Extra bonus points for Combat Teleport.  It just looks cool flying around with an energy shield.

Ground Pounders get double bonus points for Mighty Judgement with the fat Knock-Up. (radial?)

If I understand it correctly - technically one is better off with the fists - MS outdoes PB unless DoT from Insight is involved.  TKB has the highest chance of triggering "Boggled" which grants Insight on the next hit (assuming no lockout). TKB is also a good place for a Force Feedback, unless something better needs to go there.

I would like to be able to reasonably take out any AVs I see by level 50 at the latest.

Yup. I didn't have the patience to do them at +4, but I didn't see problems with the one or two I tried at that relative level.

Well, except Siege and Nightstar because of their pesky 70% resistance to Psi.

I am not concerned with *top* DPS chains or fastest pylon speeds.  Good enough is good enough.  

Decidedly, comparatively middle of the road on its own. AAO elevates the big damage from ML and GPB quite nicely.  Probably does the same for TKB, which hits pretty hard. This is a "Rule of Cool" combo more than anything else.  Pure performance would go NRG/SD, or max durability would be something like Dark/ or Rad/ with the targeted heal involved.

Psi/SD is about style over meta, and yet it is still much better than "Good Enough." 😛

I'm a sucker for "non-traditional" things.  I like using mitigation techniques.  I like putting in untraditional procs that aren't all about damage all the time.

GPB has a big hold that gets bigger when Insight is up. Drop an SBC: %Hold into another attack and the %Hold from ranged in an option app/ppp attack (proc bomb'd LBE is good for this, but fast snipes are better) and you've got a reliable st hold that works on AVs without Triangles.

GPB can also take the Entomb:+Absorb piece, but I've only tried it briefly; interesting but not convinced the loss of the second purple dmg proc is worth it.

----------------------------

That's sort of the "short" version. I've prattled on a bunch about how much fun the combo is; if you and I use 'sleeper' in the same way (the way it is used in reference to cars), then yes, it is better than its rep.

If you decide to go off menu and make one, I'll make that my vote.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, FUBARczar said:

From your two groups I would encourage you finalists to be:

Claws/SR

DM/Invuln 

WM/EA 

From there go with your personal preference.  They should all be really good for all content.

Personally I would give bonus points to Claws and WM for style points, and Fun Factor.

SR will likely offer the most flexible builds.

You shouldn't miss things with DM/Invuln and I can vouch for it being a breast and be at home surrounded by mobs.

EA had they highest potential.  

Or of these three I would pick WM/EA. 

My personal forever scrappers are TW/Bio, Claws/Stone, EM/EA, Psi/Ninja

Damnit now im thinking of a DM/Invul....omg lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

Well, taking a look at the Axe changes on beta. Some will no doubt call me a genius and idolize me like they do Elon for sticking with Axe/Ninja.

I mean, now we get Axe CYCLONE!

Axe 4eva!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I run a dark/dark scrapper named Nux.  He’s sick.  Truly disgusting damage and so much fun to play.  I know Dark/Dark isn’t on your list, but he is a total blast.  His secret:  Dark Regen fuels the whole build.

• Thumbs Up 1

Server:  Everlasting

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

I think your Forever Scrapper will end up being Elec/Nrg. Because:

- Good balance of ST- and AoE damage in elec/, which is important in a Forever Scrapper, since you need that versatility to be able to use this character in a variety of different settings - exemped, itrials, solo, team, kill-alls, single hard target, etc. etc.

- Elec/  has short activation times on its main attacks. This reduces the amount of wasted damage from attacking already-dead targets, which can be annoying.

- No weapon-like animations in the elemental attacks. I seem to recall that being a bit of a peeve of yours.

- Lightning Rod is a really fun power to use (like all TP'ing melee attacks). You need something in your Forever Scrapper that makes you smile whenever you use it!

- Not much analysis behind the  /nrg secondary, except to say that it just works. Whenever I play my /nrg armor scrapper, it is simply a nice, smooth ride. /Nrg has a full suite of utility powers when you need them, yet it is not very clicky outside of the utility powers. 

With all that said, I wonder if we need a  separate betting pool re. how long your Forever Scrapper will in fact be your Forever Scrapper before being replaced by the next Forever Scrapper 😁 After all, a char in CoH is like a pair of jeans: In the time it takes you to realize that this is your best-ever, I-will-never-find-better pair of jeans, you will have worn them out to the point where they are at least halfway to being worn out and ready to be replaced ...by the next, magically perfect, best-ever jeans 🙂 

My guess/bet is 6 weeks. Although that is based only on how long my own Forever Characters typically last before getting de-forever'ed, so of course YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've been watching this thread looking for what my next Scrapper will be, I am not naive enough to think there is one "right" scrapper for me, only "right now."

Here is a list of all of my L50 Scrappers, plus a couple of what I think are relevant Brutes and Stalkers along with notes on how they play.

I gave them a subjective 1 to 3 stars.

Scrappers:

Katana/Ninjitsu*** - Very effective, but it gets a bit tedious. Neither set has a power that makes me giggle when it goes off successfully. But, it is *very* good in all content. Better crit chance from hiding is kind of fun. 

Elec/Shield*** - "Lightning Rod, BOOM. Shield Charge, BOOM." When it works well, it makes me smile every time. Sometimes I cheer myself on. Very fun, and pretty effective. But, all the boom means single target damage isn't as good. 

Psi/Nin* (maybe **?) - Nope. Psi has ugly animations, it seems like everything resists PSI and it's boring. The KU from the Tier 9 is cool, but overall, boring. But Psi is effective, I just don't think it's "forever."

Titan Wpn/Nin** - Tried this one out to be more flexible. It's ok. Good Off, good Def. But, "Forever Scrapper"? No.

Titan Wpn/Bio*** - Even after the TW nerf, this is still a great combo. This is the reason I don't play other BIO melee types. This combo is just that good. 

Spines/Dark** - There is good reason that Spines is at the bottom of the Tier list. But, I wanted to try this old skool combo. It works well for teams. Good but not great. 

Ener/Ener*** - Now HERE is the single target damage you were maybe looking for. Wind up is slow, you'll often be hitting a corpse, but Scrappers are for ST damage, and En/En just goes well together.

Battle Axe/Ener - This is the only non-50 on the list. I made him because of this discussion. So far, he's kind of interesting. I like the animations, and /Ener is very good and easy to run.

Brutes:

Kat/Energy*** - This thing plays like a Scrapper because it's so fast. No downtime, rage stays high, very good damage, very tough to kill. Downside is Katana can get boring.

Dark/Dark(?) - Great damage output, some slow animations, the brute that tanks. Big heal on a fast rotation is the secret. And it makes playing her a fun challenge. Non sure how well this would work as a Scrapper though. 

War Mace/Shld* - I love the look, but it just isn't fun. Animations seem slow and damage output seems low. I don't know what the real numbers are.

Stalker

Broad Sword/Dark Armor* - Broad Sword...it breaks my heart. It could be great, but it isn't. Dark armor is much better for Scrappers and Brutes. It just doesn't work well for Stalkers.

A quick word about Ninjitsu. My problem with it was having the Mez Resist clickable to activate (I think someone else in this thread mentioned the same thing. When you have Hasten and the MezResist it is a pain. The secret is to keymap your forward and reverse movement to also activate one of these powers when it is available. For example, remap "W" from "Forward" to "Forward+Hasten" and "S" from "Backward" to "Backward+MezResist". Not the correct syntax, but that's what I do. Since those powers aren't offensive it doesn't affect your movement, and it usually isn't firing off in the middle of combat. This one fix took Ninjitsu from one of my least favorite sets to being one of my favorites.

Edited by StoneKarma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, StoneKarma said:

Dark/Dark

This is my main, Nux, a Dark/Dark Scrapper.  He does insane damage.  High recharge, Dark Regen proc’d with the scrapper chance for crits and theft of essence: chance for +endurance.  Dark regen is the engine that runs the whole build.  Plus he is supper fun to play.

• Like 1

Server:  Everlasting

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

On 10/7/2022 at 7:55 PM, StoneKarma said:

I've been watching this thread looking for what my next Scrapper will be, I am not naive enough to think there is one "right" scrapper for me, only "right now."

On 10/7/2022 at 3:30 PM, I-Dirty said:

AND now im thinking Elec/EA lol GOD my brain hurts. Thanks for rekindling my altitis 😄

Curses!  You have figured out my secret plan!

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 10/4/2022 at 7:27 PM, Nemu said:

Well, taking a look at the Axe changes on beta. Some will no doubt call me a genius and idolize me like they do Elon for sticking with Axe/Ninja.

I mean, now we get Axe CYCLONE!

Axe 4eva!

I will go on record as saying I think these Axe changes in Beta are ridiculously overpowered and are about to lead to a whole new round of quantum power (cr)leaps.  But it's too late Mom, the crowd has spoken.  We're getting a monorail.

So if I can't stop it, I'm going to figure out how to exploit it as best I can.  I introduce Higher Ground, my hover blasting Axe/Ninja farmer (NOTE: build order is different on Beta because of the other tremendous power (cr)leap of easified power level attribution):

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Battle Axe
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Chop    
 (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (9) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime: Level 50

Level 1:    Ninja Reflexes    
Hamidon Origin:Cytoskeleton Exposure
 (23) Kismet - Accuracy +6%: Level 30

Level 2:    Danger Sense    
 (23) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All): Level 50

Level 4:    Shinobi-Iri    
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 50

Level 6:    Stealth    

Level 8:    Swoop    
 (A) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (11) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Critical Hit Bonus: Level 50
 (39) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Recharge: Level 50

Level 10:    Kuji-In Rin    
 (A) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Resist: Level 50
 (11) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 50
 (13) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End: Level 50
 (13) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 30

Level 12:    Kick    
 (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (50) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50

Level 14:    Tough    
 (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance: Level 50
 (15) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance: Level 50
 (15) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance: Level 50
 (17) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 50

Level 16:    Infiltration    
 (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%): Level 50

Level 18:    Whirling Axe    
 (A) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown: Level 50
 (19) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (19) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (46) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

Level 20:    Seishinteki Kyoyo    
D-Sync Origin:D-Sync Conduit

Level 22:    Hover    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range: Level 50
 (48) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance: Level 50

Level 24:    Weave    

Level 26:    Cleave    
Hamidon Origin:Nucleolus Exposure

Level 28:    Bo Ryaku    
 (A) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance: Level 40
 (29) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Recharge: Level 40
 (29) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge: Level 40
 (37) Reactive Armor - Resistance: Level 40

Level 30:    Kuji-In Sha    
 (A) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance: Level 50
 (31) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (34) Numina's Convalesence - Heal: Level 50
 (50) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 50

Level 32:    Pendulum    
 (A) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50
 (33) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (33) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (33) Armageddon - Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (34) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (34) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 50

Level 35:    Blinding Powder    
 (A) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 30
 (36) Cacophany - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 30
 (36) Malaise's Illusions - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 50
 (36) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion: Level 50
 (37) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (37) Coercive Persuasion  - Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50

Level 38:    Caltrops    
 (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize: Level 50
 (42) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (42) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50
 (48) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 50

Level 41:    Targeting Drone    

Level 44:    Exploding Shuriken    
 (A) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (46) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

Level 47:    Misdirection    
 (A) Mocking Beratement - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (48) Perfect Zinger - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50

Level 49:    Build Up    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

Level 1:    Critical Hit    
Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (9) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold: Level 50

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 50

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Swift    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Hurdle    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 50
 (50) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 40

Level 1:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 50
 (39) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 50

------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1596;723;1446;HEX;|
|78DA7594594F534114C7FF77B374036A596529652F4B01058D8A714313971A1497C|
|7E68A235E6D4AA5D5C007F0D14451E38B4B7CF41BE85750D0777DF24913E3129710|
|4D4C3DBDE74E3B48BCC96D7E3373FE67CEFFCCF4A616A742AB2BC7F741AB3E98B1F|
|3F9F4CCEC829DCB89052B65CF39B3283D3E7A9BE57C3A253242240FD8854246A4F7|
|2F8ACACA94B828B279913CE1642F3B85FC3544A6E7E733C923D9EB4EDE39EF649CC|
|252D89D39ECCC5D2A38D9B9208F32A561C0E5999C1017A28772CE6CF29CB073F3D9|
|74CACE17C4C25213D510A3B7BA817E340DDE53245A3681311355B8CB60254A21288|
|71840BDE6AE6CC244C98E518106FC2168A3A5849A96449A14E93256AF888E19EE92|
|8F44862A32A4C894B16518C0771685A99D9622D22D29AA95B1BD1222E4D6A7B8D57|
|D78C1590278CDD08B970C55548C5F2B1B2F1A7E8C9756FC14BB95434218E599101A|
|35D73625445029460BE23677710C77180C0A09AB26C3F8C1E9AAF153C29AE139F8C|
|55043A21A45841AB4F04A942C45144B56044F78A3CD7820E121C3001E4978CC308C|
|BD9CC64F6EA36A17A318B1DC9ED56D00BF8F6F40D9643DDEE86E9611BC653029A45|
|14DD7280FA5499E4519EAC841B3EAA01982ABDB821BBA072B5C661F5625BC9230C9|
|6982E4A045ED6B0BDA69D867A215310971866E74320448D4868AC86AC349AEB31DA|
|724CC4838CD10C719CD3BD3B30CF56421A65A88610F57DE819DBA7B453AB04BC26E|
|86382625783643544D2794349DF8A0BBF7AA0B1F350FD678CB2ED82CEAC637CD833|
|4E7A33F097A946A8C1E3CE78626F04CC27BC33BB1770CBF4340BF7AA8FDF27C12E5|
|3F2C6907559783D8C1350C611B6F3D847109130CC3D82EC1DBF2660F9054774AE28|
|ABC3E57196AA99FA34A2368F0945762E6FA8F51B1F59F09C25BF203768FE1B809F5|
|29D2EBE76CD3A6AAA5158D32168BF814589FD4DD89E63FFF67FE4B60431171C3BB2|
|247F9A67DDD18725FF7BE38CB0C7F01D5D3B724|

Attacks?  Well you have to take Chop, but it only gets two slots as a mule.  Swoop?  Three slots because you may have to use it against AVs.  Your neverending attack chain will be Cleave, Whirling Axe, Pendulum.  Three Concealment powers?  No Hasten?!  Six-slotted Blinding Powder?!?  A PLACATE POWER?!??!  I went with Weapons Mastery because ninjas need Caltrops and Exploding Shuriken, der.  Hover at 12 feet in safety and bomb the crowd below with Cleave, Whirling Axe, Exploding Shuriken and drop an occasional Caltrops on them (if you use "powexeclocation me" in a macro they drop straight down).  Or zoom within 7 feet to drop Pendulum as well.  I'm still playing around with it on Beta but it's ridiculous.  I doubt you could AFK farm with this but you can clear mobs like my fat cat clears off the butter tray when I'm not looking.

Additional ideas:  Air Superiority to keep anyone else from flying near you.  Web Grenade instead of Caltrops for the same reason.  Blaze Mastery with Char/Melt Armor/Fireball for more damage/debuff at the expense of less to hit and -to hit resistance.

I, for one, welcome our new Battle Axe Ninja overlords and I encourage you all to make one.  I highly doubt it will win this contest, but it is interesting as all getout.

Who run Bartertown?

7 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I will go on record as saying I think these Axe changes in Beta are ridiculously overpowered and are about to lead to a whole new round of quantum power (cr)leaps.  But it's too late Mom, the crowd has spoken.  We're getting a monorail.

So if I can't stop it, I'm going to figure out how to exploit it as best I can.  I introduce Higher Ground, my hover blasting Axe/Ninja farmer (NOTE: build order is different on Beta because of the other tremendous power (cr)leap of easified power level attribution):

Reveal hidden contents

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Battle Axe
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Chop    
 (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (9) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime: Level 50

Level 1:    Ninja Reflexes    
 (23) Kismet - Accuracy +6%: Level 30

Level 2:    Danger Sense    
 (23) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All): Level 50

Level 4:    Shinobi-Iri    
 (43) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 50

Level 6:    Stealth    

Level 8:    Swoop    
 (A) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (11) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Critical Hit Bonus: Level 50
 (39) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Recharge: Level 50

Level 10:    Kuji-In Rin    
 (A) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Resist: Level 50
 (11) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 50
 (13) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End: Level 50
 (13) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 30

Level 12:    Kick    
 (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (50) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50

Level 14:    Tough    
 (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance: Level 50
 (15) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance: Level 50
 (15) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance: Level 50
 (17) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 50

Level 16:    Infiltration    
 (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%): Level 50

Level 18:    Whirling Axe    
 (A) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown: Level 50
 (19) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (19) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (46) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

Level 20:    Seishinteki Kyoyo    
D-Sync Origin:D-Sync Conduit

Level 22:    Hover    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range: Level 50
 (48) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance: Level 50

Level 24:    Weave    

Level 26:    Cleave    
Hamidon Origin:Nucleolus Exposure

Level 28:    Bo Ryaku    
 (A) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance: Level 40
 (29) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Recharge: Level 40
 (29) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge: Level 40
 (37) Reactive Armor - Resistance: Level 40

Level 30:    Kuji-In Sha    
 (A) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance: Level 50
 (31) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge: Level 50
 (31) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (34) Numina's Convalesence - Heal: Level 50
 (50) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 50

Level 32:    Pendulum    
 (A) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50
 (33) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (33) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (33) Armageddon - Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (34) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (34) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 50

Level 35:    Blinding Powder    
 (A) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 30
 (36) Cacophany - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 30
 (36) Malaise's Illusions - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 50
 (36) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion: Level 50
 (37) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (37) Coercive Persuasion  - Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50

Level 38:    Caltrops    
 (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize: Level 50
 (42) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (42) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50
 (48) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 50

Level 41:    Targeting Drone    

Level 44:    Exploding Shuriken    
 (A) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Recharge/Accuracy: Level 50
 (46) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

Level 47:    Misdirection    
 (A) Mocking Beratement - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (48) Perfect Zinger - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50

Level 49:    Build Up    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

Level 1:    Critical Hit    
Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (9) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold: Level 50

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 50

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Swift    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Hurdle    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 50
 (50) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 40

Level 1:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 50
 (39) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 50

------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1596;723;1446;HEX;|
|78DA7594594F534114C7FF77B374036A596529652F4B01058D8A714313971A1497C|
|7E68A235E6D4AA5D5C007F0D14451E38B4B7CF41BE85750D0777DF24913E3129710|
|4D4C3DBDE74E3B48BCC96D7E3373FE67CEFFCCF4A616A742AB2BC7F741AB3E98B1F|
|3F9F4CCEC829DCB89052B65CF39B3283D3E7A9BE57C3A253242240FD8854246A4F7|
|2F8ACACA94B828B279913CE1642F3B85FC3544A6E7E733C923D9EB4EDE39EF649CC|
|252D89D39ECCC5D2A38D9B9208F32A561C0E5999C1017A28772CE6CF29CB073F3D9|
|74CACE17C4C25213D510A3B7BA817E340DDE53245A3681311355B8CB60254A21288|
|71840BDE6AE6CC244C98E518106FC2168A3A5849A96449A14E93256AF888E19EE92|
|8F44862A32A4C894B16518C0771685A99D9622D22D29AA95B1BD1222E4D6A7B8D57|
|D78C1590278CDD08B970C55548C5F2B1B2F1A7E8C9756FC14BB95434218E599101A|
|35D73625445029460BE23677710C77180C0A09AB26C3F8C1E9AAF153C29AE139F8C|
|55043A21A45841AB4F04A942C45144B56044F78A3CD7820E121C3001E4978CC308C|
|BD9CC64F6EA36A17A318B1DC9ED56D00BF8F6F40D9643DDEE86E9611BC653029A45|
|14DD7280FA5499E4519EAC841B3EAA01982ABDB821BBA072B5C661F5625BC9230C9|
|6982E4A045ED6B0BDA69D867A215310971866E74320448D4868AC86AC349AEB31DA|
|724CC4838CD10C719CD3BD3B30CF56421A65A88610F57DE819DBA7B453AB04BC26E|
|86382625783643544D2794349DF8A0BBF7AA0B1F350FD678CB2ED82CEAC637CD833|
|4E7A33F097A946A8C1E3CE78626F04CC27BC33BB1770CBF4340BF7AA8FDF27C12E5|
|3F2C6907559783D8C1350C611B6F3D847109130CC3D82EC1DBF2660F9054774AE28|
|ABC3E57196AA99FA34A2368F0945762E6FA8F51B1F59F09C25BF203768FE1B809F5|
|29D2EBE76CD3A6AAA5158D32168BF814589FD4DD89E63FFF67FE4B60431171C3BB2|
|247F9A67DDD18725FF7BE38CB0C7F01D5D3B724|

Attacks?  Well you have to take Chop, but it only gets two slots as a mule.  Swoop?  Three slots because you may have to use it against AVs.  Your neverending attack chain will be Cleave, Whirling Axe, Pendulum.  Three Concealment powers?  No Hasten?!  Six-slotted Blinding Powder?!?  A PLACATE POWER?!??!  I went with Weapons Mastery because ninjas need Caltrops and Exploding Shuriken, der.  Hover at 12 feet in safety and bomb the crowd below with Cleave, Whirling Axe, Exploding Shuriken and drop an occasional Caltrops on them (if you use "powexeclocation me" in a macro they drop straight down).  Or zoom within 7 feet to drop Pendulum as well.  I'm still playing around with it on Beta but it's ridiculous.  I doubt you could AFK farm with this but you can clear mobs like my fat cat clears off the butter tray when I'm not looking.

Additional ideas:  Air Superiority to keep anyone else from flying near you.  Web Grenade instead of Caltrops for the same reason.  Blaze Mastery with Char/Melt Armor/Fireball for more damage/debuff at the expense of less to hit and -to hit resistance.

I, for one, welcome our new Battle Axe Ninja overlords and I encourage you all to make one.  I highly doubt it will win this contest, but it is interesting as all getout.

I don't recall Battle Axe ever being the big damage king.  Only use it on my Tanker.  However, it's not like the attacks got damage increases.

Also, if you're hovering and using the cones, isn't that just like using a proper AOE?  One of which is only 3ft radius now in terms of AOE.  To use as you mention?  Just curious on that.  Or is it just the 40ft range on Cleave that allows this? 

Yes, the Axe Cyclone brings them in (never thought to do it with flying, which my Tanker can do)...bring them all into the air?

On 10/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, BrandX said:

I don't recall Battle Axe ever being the big damage king.  Only use it on my Tanker.  However, it's not like the attacks got damage increases.

Also, if you're hovering and using the cones, isn't that just like using a proper AOE?  One of which is only 3ft radius now in terms of AOE.  To use as you mention?  Just curious on that.  Or is it just the 40ft range on Cleave that allows this? 

Yes, the Axe Cyclone brings them in (never thought to do it with flying, which my Tanker can do)...bring them all into the air?

@Riverdusk asked something similar on Troo's deleted thread.

First, some mea culpas.  I love finding unloved sets and making them good to great.  I take pride in it and I am a prideful creature.  So I admit I get a little grumpy when they really buff a set more than I think they needed to.  That's a bias of mine, and I'll work on it, but basically that's what you are going to get from me.  Also, since it didn't say anything in the Beta notes about Pendulum's damage changing (it has been lowered on Beta as I verified today), I had assumed that the damage had remained the same and the power just moved from T9 to T5.  I have played it on Beta a fair amount to verify the new mechanics, but I hadn't paid attention to the damage.  So both of those are my issues.

That said, my beef is partially with the changes to Battle Axe and partly with the changes in the level requirement changes, but I'll start with having Pendulum moved from a T9 power earned at level 32 currently to becoming a T5 power earned at level 8.  Admittedly, the damage is lower (now 84.2 damage and 42.1 damage per activation on Beta versus 118.9 and 59.4 on Live HC).  This is crazy overpowered for a T5, but on line with the T7 of Spinning Strike from StJ.

Honestly, Cleave and Pendulum were relatively weak in comparison to their counterparts of Shatter and Crowd Control from War Mace.  Cleave has a smaller arc of 10 foot radius of 20 degrees versus 8 foot radius of 45 degrees for Shatter, and Pendulum has a shorter radius of 7 feet versus 8 for Crowd Control and has a limit of 5 enemies versus 10 for CC.  They made up for it with higher damage.  Was that a fair tradeoff?  Probably not but it was a tradeoff.  The easiest way to "fix" Axe would be to mirror the specs from Crowd Control.  

But changing Pendulum now means you have twice the area (I'm going with area rather than volume since most damage is going to be coming from the ground plane and because I cannot remember the formulas for the volume of a solid angle of a sphere.) to hit enemies, and your effective range on Pendulum is now 14 feet (with a target 7 feet away you can now reach the mob 7 feet behind it).  Changing Cleave means that you now have almost twice the area to hit five targets than you did with the current Cleave.  (Changing Cleave to 8 foot range with 45 degree arc like Shatter is approximately the same volume  area the proposed Cleave.)

Other reasons that Axe was weaker than Mace was fewer abilities to slot interesting stuff.  Mace has some stun and knockdown and Axe only had knockdown.  Adding defense debuff was smart and fair and part of me thinks that Axe actually shipped with def debuff on Live before it was removed.

The actual changes to Axe probably aren't world beating, and again, part of my beef is "Well, I made it work, why can't you?" and that's a bit of me being overly prideful.  Mea culpa.  But this would have made an interesting *NEW* power set that was based on ranged melee attacks.  Twevs.

Regardless, it's very effective as a hover blaster scrapper.  Your damage is great, your survivability is through the roof since no one will touch you unless you get hit with -fly, and you've pretty fantastic in melee range as well.

But even a lower-damage Pendulum at T5 is ridiculously overpowered.  Should be T7.  If they move Hard Mode to all TFs eventually, it will be all Yins all the time for the rewards and there will be many axe scrappers!

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

First, some mea culpas.  I love finding unloved sets and making them good to great.  I take pride in it and I am a prideful creature.  So I admit I get a little grumpy when they really buff a set more than I think they needed to.  That's a bias of mine, and I'll work on it, but basically that's what you are going to get from me. 

I can totally respect that.  I'm maybe not to the same degree as you, but I dislike playing the most popular or FoTM sets at least.  There is definitely something nice about taking an underappreciated powerset and managing to do well with it, and having fun with it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

First, some mea culpas.  I love finding unloved sets and making them good to great.  I take pride in it and I am a prideful creature.  So I admit I get a little grumpy when they really buff a set more than I think they needed to.  That's a bias of mine, and I'll work on it, but basically that's what you are going to get from me.  Also, since it didn't say anything in the Beta notes about Pendulum's damage changing (it has been lowered on Beta as I verified today), I had assumed that the damage had remained the same and the power just moved from T9 to T5.  I have played it on Beta a fair amount to verify the new mechanics, but I hadn't paid attention to the damage.  So both of those are my issues.

That said, my beef is partially with the changes to Battle Axe and partly with the changes in the level requirement changes, but I'll start with having Pendulum moved from a T9 power earned at level 32 currently to becoming a T5 power earned at level 8.  Admittedly, the damage is lower (now 84.2 damage and 42.1 damage per activation on Beta versus 118.9 and 59.4 on Live HC).  This is crazy overpowered for a T5, but on line with the T7 of Spinning Strike from StJ.

Honestly, Cleave and Pendulum were relatively weak in comparison to their counterparts of Shatter and Crowd Control from War Mace.  Cleave has a smaller arc of 10 foot radius of 20 degrees versus 8 foot radius of 45 degrees for Shatter, and Pendulum has a shorter radius of 7 feet versus 8 for Crowd Control and has a limit of 5 enemies versus 10 for CC.  They made up for it with higher damage.  Was that a fair tradeoff?  Probably not but it was a tradeoff.  The easiest way to "fix" Axe would be to mirror the specs from Crowd Control.  

But changing Pendulum now means you have twice the area (I'm going with area rather than volume since most damage is going to be coming from the ground plane and because I cannot remember the formulas for the volume of a solid angle of a sphere.) to hit enemies, and your effective range on Pendulum is now 14 feet (with a target 7 feet away you can now reach the mob 7 feet behind it).  Changing Cleave means that you now have almost twice the area to hit five targets than you did with the current Cleave.  (Changing Cleave to 8 foot range with 45 degree arc like Shatter is approximately the same volume  area the proposed Cleave.)

Other reasons that Axe was weaker than Mace was fewer abilities to slot interesting stuff.  Mace has some stun and knockdown and Axe only had knockdown.  Adding defense debuff was smart and fair and part of me thinks that Axe actually shipped with def debuff on Live before it was removed.

The actual changes to Axe probably aren't world beating, and again, part of my beef is "Well, I made it work, why can't you?" and that's a bit of me being overly prideful.  Mea culpa.  But this would have made an interesting *NEW* power set that was based on ranged melee attacks.  Twevs.

Regardless, it's very effective as a hover blaster scrapper.  Your damage is great, your survivability is through the roof since no one will touch you unless you get hit with -fly, and you've pretty fantastic in melee range as well.

But even a lower-damage Pendulum at T5 is ridiculously overpowered.  Should be T7.  If they move Hard Mode to all TFs eventually, it will be all Yins all the time for the rewards and there will be many axe scrappers!

You know, I didn't even notice the power order change, as I just transferred over my Fire/Axe Tanker and did the testing there.  I also wasn't paying attention to the damage, as they didn't mention anything about damage decreases in the notes.

Power order was on me though, as it was mention.  Damage, not sure why they haven't mentioned the powers damage change. 😕  Is it's damage decrease supposed to be made up by the shorter animations of the ST attacks?

My thought on the changes, is I like the changes to making them essentially targeted AOEs.  I feel it changes up the set, that while slightly different, still felt like WM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later

Unfortunately, I'm going to call this contest short.  I'm simply not going to have the time or interest to do it in the way I had envisioned, and rather than do a half-assed job I'm going to call it a draw.  Everyone who had left their global in the thread with their pick will be getting a generous participation prize.  

I hope to occasionally drop in every once in a while and drop some deep thoughts on various scrapper primaries and secondaries, but they are all winners.  Just like you all!  Well except for you there in the corner.

Happy hunting!

Who run Bartertown?

12 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Everyone who had left their global in the thread with their pick

Oops! Is it too late to remember to include my in-game global? If so, this might teach me to read the instructions before posting next time 🙂  If not: @Atrocifist. 

On 10/7/2022 at 12:34 PM, Icono04 said:

I think your Forever Scrapper will end up being Elec/Nrg. Because:

• 7 months later
On 10/10/2022 at 1:45 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

It's REALLLLY not. Not with it's cast time, and CERTAINLY not with it's end/rech values. That's the whole issue right there. For it's newly nerfed damage, it's just barely more damage than broadsword's slice, but it also has less dpa than katana's golden dragonfly.

Factoring these in, don't forget it still only hits 5 targets. It's previous cone had no problems hitting those, it only now kinda has to be the mini-aoe so it works with, and not AGAINST the pull-in with axe cyclone. 15 end and 15 rech are WAYYYY too much for this power now. Granting it's damage it SHOULD have about an 8.5s recharge and about 8 endurance.

If you factor the set having it work with cyclone, it could then maybe have about a 10 second recharge, but 15 is WAYYYY freaking horrible for this power and really ruins the set. Fyi, slice is a tier THREE for almost the same damage, and it's -defense also means it helps you hit, but also that it takes an achilles proc to provide even more damage.

Like I said factoring the set as a whole a 10s rech 9ish end would be reasonable, but 15 for both is just WAYY too terrible, and needs fixed ASAP. Again, it still only hits 5 targets don't forget, and it's KD chance is only 50%, so only knocking down 2 maybe 3 targets with it isn't anything to brag home about at ALL. So thinking the power is anywhere near NOT vastly underpowered right now is just foolish.

As everyone has said so far, "Favorite" will always be subjective, but my live toon, and the one I came back to loving *again* after returning to HC (I'm back again after a couple of years off) was my Katana/SR.   She just 'feels' fast.  Between the quick attack animations of the Katana, and the speed bonuses of SR,  running in "Ninja Run". I feel blindingly quick.  For some reason that always makes the game "Go go go" for me.

I guess that says a lot more about me though.  My mains were a Kin Def and my Kat/SR.   I think I'm just addicted to the speed force.

I'll never not love my original gal from live.  This is anecdotal love of a forever scrapper, but love nonetheless.  Hope this is worth something! 

image.thumb.png.b3b08d580b94acf82daf470f09e72e02.png

EDIT Didn't realize this was a necro'd thread!   DOH

Edited by ZeroSaint
  • Like 2

Currently playing as:

Daughter of Crom | War Mace | Energy Aura | Scrapper 👊

Special Circumstance | Assault Rifle | Devices | Blaster 💣

/ Excelsior