The Truly Final Forever Scrapper Contest!!!

Yomo Kimyata

Oh, it's on.

Good day everyone!  For those who haven't read my earlier threads on this topic, good for you!  They were awful.

Anyway, I am seeking my Forever Scrapper.  One that I can keep playing long past level 50 and not get bored.  One I can Ouro back and play as much content as I wish.  Outbreak/Breakout/Outout/Breakbreak to incarnate trials.  I've played a bunch of scrappers, and many of them to 50 and beyond, but none of them really excite me enough to want to make them my "main."  My first character, both on Live and HC, was my namesake BS/Inv scrapper, and he's probably come the closest.  But I want more, and I want your help.

First of all, let's get to the contest part.  My previous threads weren't really a contest, more of an excuse to gain some knowledge and give away a lot of inf.  I'm still going to do the latter part, but let's make this a true contest.  Tell me what you think *my* forever scrapper will be (Primary/Secondary) and when I decide, I will give that lucky winner 5bn inf.  If there are consolation prizes, and there probably will be, I will decide later how many and how much they will be for.  On the one hand, only the first person will get the prize, so guessing early is to your advantage.  On another hand, I haven't figured out by a long shot what it is yet, and I will periodically post updates as to what my play experience has been, what I like and what I don't, so that will give you and me more information if you wait a bit.  Each person gets one pick, but in order to avoid perfidy, you cannot edit your pick after you make it.  If you end up editing your post, then I will not consider it a valid entry and you'll need to make a different post.  Not that I would suggest any of you fine folk would do that, but I just want to keep things clean and on the up-and-up.

There are only two outcomes that will not result in a payday:  if I default back to my BS/Inv (unlikely), or if I decide that there isn't a forever scrapper in the cards for me.  In that case, I'll divvy up prizes to all participants.

Secondly, I've been using this as a way of gathering and sharing a bunch of knowledge.  I've now got three groups of four scrappers, each with different primaries and secondaries.  For each group I will:  play all four to level 50 (probably solo at double xp through similar content), cut two, run the other two into alpha incarnate tier 4 (and alpha only), cut one, then run the last character to all T4 incarnates.  I will periodically document my experiences, but I will do it in spoilers so that I won't bore any one who isn't interested.  Here are the three groups:

The "also-rans":

Savage/Stone

Stone/Electric

Street Justice/Fiery Aura

Radiation/Ice

Group A:

Dual Blades/Bio

Broadsword/Radiation

Energy Melee/Ninjitsu

DM/Invulnerability

Group B:

War Mace/Energy

Martial Arts/Shield

Claws/Super Reflexes

Staff/Dark Armor

All of these have names, costumes, and backstories I like, which is important!  I've played most of the primaries and most of the secondaries before.  Maybe the final answer will be one of these 12.  Maybe it will be some other combination of powers.  Maybe it will be one of the powersets that aren't even included!  I don't know yet!

As for what I like, I want to enjoy the animations, the relative power (doesn't have to be world-beating, but good enough to solo almost anything solo-able), synergies, etc.  I think of mitigation in five categories:  defense, resistance, healing, knockdown, mez effects (not necessarily in that order).  I like quirky fun stuff.  You'll get a good feel from my commentaries, I'm sure.

Thirdly, I'm always looking for a way to give away inf.  If you are looking to receive some, and you have some knowledge to give (maybe it's a trick you developed, maybe a fun build idea, whatever), I'm happy to share.  Two requirements:  please provide *something* of interest; and please put your in-game global name or "I want inf!" or the equivalent in your post.  I will try to make payments on this part periodically rather than at the end.  These gift amounts will be at my discretion, but I think you will find I am a generous creature.  I'm hoping that *anyone* looking to learn something new or interesting will walk away from this thread happy.

This is not a short endeavor, since I need to play through (at least) 12 characters to crown a winner.  Please bear with me!

Thanks in advance, good luck, and happy hunting!

@Yomo

EDIT:  Entries so far for the overall winner of primary/secondary:

@Erratic1 -- Energy/Ninjitsu

@Electric_Emu -- Savage/Stone

@SeraphimKensai -- Radiation/Bio

@723Wolf -- War Mace/Radiation

@Parabola -- Claws/Energy

@TungstenShark -- War Mace/Energy

@Lamp -- Electric/Shield

@Millie20 -- DM/Bio

@Bill Z Bubba -- Claws/SR

@Thunder_crane -- WM/Bio

@Ringo -- DB/Bio

@Xandyr -- Staff/DA

@Zulgeek -- Claws/Bio

@Falsey -- Stone/Dark

@FUBARczar -- TW/Bio

@Nemu -- Axe/Ninja

@Gammos -- Claws/Ninja

@twozerofoxtrot --Claws/Rad

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

It is hard to even guess what someone else will like. I like things which, depending on purpose, are outshined by other offerings. Still, let's give this a go. The only one of your listed combos I have actually played is DM/Inv--a classic and quite enjoyable. Sturdy as all get out. As good as it is, it has some stiff competition in its group, and I do not think it will in your favor in the end.

Also ran is probably the hardest for me to settle on because the combo are so very different in terms of perks and drawbacks. Going with Savage/Stone even if it would not normally be one which interested me because I think there are some interesting overlap/interactions between primary and secondary powers.

In Group A, DM/Inv is a classic--sturdy as all get out and can turn on the damage in crowds. But I have recently started a War Mace/Ninjitsu villain and there is much to be said for using Clobber out of stealth with a 75% chance (80% with the AT IO) to crit to basically execute someone. "You die, now!" Energy Melee hits even harder. It is admittedly only every 8 seconds, from stealth but it is so satisfying. And like DM/Inv it comes with endurance recovery and healing. I have to wonder if you could placate yourself back into a second execution...may just have to test that.

Group B I think the nod will be towards Staff/Dark Armor

Final between the three, Energy Melee/Ninjitsu

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1

Hmmmm, I choose Savage/Stone.  I have nothing but praise for Stone Armor and this post got longer than I intended lol. 

Anyway, I have taken two Stone Armor characters to 50/T4 since the set's rework and proliferation and I can say it is quite incredible.  First, it is stupid tough.  With relatively little effort, you're looking at incarnate-softcapped S/L/E/N defenses and hard capped F/C resistance without holes to Psi (easily taken to the regular softcap itself) or Toxic (not difficult to hard cap).  Oh, and Earth's Embrace will have you sitting at the HP cap with a nice regeneration buff from Rooted to go along with it.  So any damage that does make it through is all but meaningless.  You also get confuse protection!  It's layered mitigation that occasionally forgets that each individual layer isn't meant to be quite so capable.

On the offensive side of things there's Brimstone's damage proc and a damage aura that doubles as a slow.  Minerals even sneaks in a nice +15% recharge because why not.  Seriously Stone Armor has a little bit of everything and is incredibly strong for it.  It also responds well to high investment.  In playing my two Stonies (Ice Melee and Fiery Melee), I actually found myself thinking the HC team may have overdone it.  

Two drawbacks:  endurance and Mud Pots.  Endurance management isn't something I was accustomed to worrying about, since Panacea and Performance Shifter fix it like 95% of the time, but Stone is something else.  It's got six toggles on its own, before you consider the Fighting Pool, Maneuvers, and whatever else you may want to keep running.  Crystal Armor pays for itself and then some with a recovery buff, but it's not enough on its own.  Then there's Mud Pots, which suffers the same problem all Scrapper damage auras do with running mobs.  I found this pretty annoying, but Mud Pots' slow component helps a lot.  I got a lot of mileage out of the Damage/Slow hybrid set (Ice Mistral's something or other?), so definitely pick that up when you play this one. 

As for Savage, I do not have as much experience.  However, I am a sucker for the tele-smash powers, so yeah, Stone/Savage has my vote for also-ran and overall.  If you ever want to try another primary with it, I absolutely loved Ice.  Foot Stomp Frozen Aura on a Scrapper never gets old and you get Ice Patch to become basically immortal (and mobs can't run from Mud Pots when they're on their asses).  Plus Frost is deceptively good for a cone.

For Group A: BS/Rad.  There's nothing quite like outliving tanks in a wipe situation because of Parry (however uncommon that may be nowadays).  Plus Head Splitter crits.  But I probably don't have to extoll the virtues of BS to you if it was your main on live.  Rad being one of the newer sets also benefits from having no real drawbacks except being res based and this being a Scrapper, but Parry largely fixes that.

For Group B: War Mace/EnA.  Strong and pretty!~  Big cronchy crits, good AoE, and the near-immortality offered by EnA.  

@electric emu if there are to be gifts 🙂 

• Like 1

To be clear, I am looking for whatever single combination I hope to settle on eventually.  The whole process of 4-member groups was really just to cut down playing 12 primaries and 12 secondaries while I try to figure out what will work best for me.  The final choice could be one of the 12.  Or it could be Kinetic Melee/Regeneration.  Most likely it will be somewhere in between.  One never knows, does one?

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, electric_emu said:

Hmmmm, I choose Savage/Stone.  I have nothing but praise for Stone Armor and this post got longer than I intended lol. 

Anyway, I have taken two Stone Armor characters to 50/T4 since the set's rework and proliferation and I can say it is quite incredible.  First, it is stupid tough.  With relatively little effort, you're looking at incarnate-softcapped S/L/E/N defenses and hard capped F/C resistance without holes to Psi (easily taken to the regular softcap itself) or Toxic (not difficult to hard cap).  Oh, and Earth's Embrace will have you sitting at the HP cap with a nice regeneration buff from Rooted to go along with it.  So any damage that does make it through is all but meaningless.  You also get confuse protection!  It's layered mitigation that occasionally forgets that each individual layer isn't meant to be quite so capable.

On the offensive side of things there's Brimstone's damage proc and a damage aura that doubles as a slow.  Minerals even sneaks in a nice +15% recharge because why not.  Seriously Stone Armor has a little bit of everything and is incredibly strong for it.  It also responds well to high investment.  In playing my two Stonies (Ice Melee and Fiery Melee), I actually found myself thinking the HC team may have overdone it.  

Two drawbacks:  endurance and Mud Pots.  Endurance management isn't something I was accustomed to worrying about, since Panacea and Performance Shifter fix it like 95% of the time, but Stone is something else.  It's got six toggles on its own, before you consider the Fighting Pool, Maneuvers, and whatever else you may want to keep running.  Crystal Armor pays for itself and then some with a recovery buff, but it's not enough on its own.  Then there's Mud Pots, which suffers the same problem all Scrapper damage auras do with running mobs.  I found this pretty annoying, but Mud Pots' slow component helps a lot.  I got a lot of mileage out of the Damage/Slow hybrid set (Ice Mistral's something or other?), so definitely pick that up when you play this one. 

As for Savage, I do not have as much experience.  However, I am a sucker for the tele-smash powers, so yeah, Stone/Savage has my vote for also-ran and overall.  If you ever want to try another primary with it, I absolutely loved Ice.  Foot Stomp Frozen Aura on a Scrapper never gets old and you get Ice Patch to become basically immortal (and mobs can't run from Mud Pots when they're on their asses).  Plus Frost is deceptively good for a cone.

For Group A: BS/Rad.  There's nothing quite like outliving tanks in a wipe situation because of Parry (however uncommon that may be nowadays).  Plus Head Splitter crits.  But I probably don't have to extoll the virtues of BS to you if it was your main on live.  Rad being one of the newer sets also benefits from having no real drawbacks except being res based and this being a Scrapper, but Parry largely fixes that.

For Group B: War Mace/EnA.  Strong and pretty!~  Big cronchy crits, good AoE, and the near-immortality offered by EnA.  

@electric emu if there are to be gifts 🙂 

I had my Claws/Stone Scrapper going along fine, I would think one could do that with Savage/ as well.  Numina (Full set in Rooted for me), Miracle (Proc in Health), Panacea (Proc in Health), and two EndMods (Performance Shift: EndMod & PS Proc - Power Transfer: EndMod & PT Proc)

Softcapped my S/L/E/N Defense with 60% S/L Resist

This is pretty difficult overall, as I would likely pick one different than someone else to be my "forever" scrapper, as I'm sure you would as well.

I really do like a large number of the powerset combos available to melee toons. I'm going to guess one that I haven't actually played yet but it's scheduled to be my next toon (I'm taking a short break to finally get around to Assassin's Creed Odyssey ATM, and prep for the birth of my daughter in the next couple of weeks).

That said these power sets I've taken to 50 multiple times each between scrappers, stalkers, brutes, thanks, and even a sentinel for the armor.

You mentioned wanting to be able to handle a large variety of things from outbreak to incarnate trials. With that I assume you're looking to solo AV's and GM's as well. And that can reasonably be done with this powerset combo as it's fairly adaptable.

Radiation Melee and Bio Armor is my guess, as that's what I'm making next myself.

You have multiple damage auras, built-in taunt, ways to stack -res/-def, and can get some -regen, -damage as well, while giving you stances to adjust on the fly to what you're doing. Also you have decent absorb/regen/heals, max hp, and decent end recovery.

Otherwise an alternate pairing and I understand this wouldn't be considered for your contest, but energy melee/stone Armor would work really well. I have a stone armor s to stalker that I built and it ended up very survivable to the point I did a +2/5 solo synapse just fine. I was so surprised by it that I shut hide off on one mission and let mobs attack me while I went outside and drank a beer and grilled some brats for lunch one day. When I got back in it was still standing and in the hp was over 2/3 full.

Either way you go, you can't really go wrong with a scrapper. Take care.

• Like 1

Mine is a war mace/radiation armor scrapper. The rad armor pbaes are a nice boost to dps and can be made to recharge fast. War mace seems to have a very nice crunch to it. Enemies are disoriented or knocked down which further adds to survivability. Radiation Armor is a lot like regen but with great resist numbers as well that you can cap with ease. Shadow Meld is a great ability to throw into the mix. I can achieve max defenses to help my regen do it's trick in a rough spot. I was hesitant to try a resist based set on my scrapper but this is just a really nice combo. 

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

25 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

This is pretty difficult overall, as I would likely pick one different than someone else to be my "forever" scrapper, as I'm sure you would as well.

Seriously.

My current "forever scrapper" has a primary that didn't even make the list after the initial vote. 😄

-----

@Yomo Kimyata - define "Forever." 😉

Random thoughts:

I'm calling Savage/Stone as "unlikely to be the winner" as Leap does not Proc Brimstone on it's AoE, unless that sort of mechanical shortcoming doesn't bother you.  IIRC it might proc on the teleport target, but I don't recall since I've not run it since it was in Beta.  (Savage Leap triggers two effects.  The AoE damage has an activation time of 0 and since Brimstone's damage is calculated on activation time the result is ... null.) Note that Lightning Rod and Spring Attack also do not proc Brimstone either.  NOTE: If this has been fixed since the release of the set someone correct me and I'll strike-through this paragraph in an edit.

RM/Ice sounds good, but RM is such a ugly slog in the animation department.  You're a more patient Boxer than any I've met if you pick that one as the Forever Toon.

Claws/SR is a total classic, but nothing terribly quirky or different about the combo - tremendously powerful button-mashing blenderizer, but quirky and unique? Nope. Debating if I think this one drops out during the elimination rounds.

I'll have to circle back and see about taking a guess at the Final Winning Combo though, so reserving the right to post again in the near future after giving it more thought.

PS. My global and forum handle are identical. (InvaderStych)

Edited by InvaderStych
adjective changed

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Of the listed combinations I would think mace/nrg would be my favourite. That said after trying a lot of combinations the winner of the 'scrappiest scrapper who ever scrapped' contest for me was claws/nrg. It just works so well with scrapper mechanics, having the perfect home for the +50% crits ato in follow up makes a huge difference.

If I'm being totally honest though (and cheating a bit) my favourite scrapper isn't a scrapper anymore at all. My bio/stone tank is just far too good at everything and it has eclipsed every other melee character I've ever played. I could go on and on about synergies and the playstyle, and in fact I've been very tempted to write an old fashioned guide for it. It has crossed my mind to try the combo as a scrapper but sadly I don't think it would be as good.

Global = forum handle 🙂.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BrandX said:

I had my Claws/Stone Scrapper going along fine, I would think one could do that with Savage/ as well.  Numina (Full set in Rooted for me), Miracle (Proc in Health), Panacea (Proc in Health), and two EndMods (Performance Shift: EndMod & PS Proc - Power Transfer: EndMod & PT Proc)

Softcapped my S/L/E/N Defense with 60% S/L Resist

I'd need to check my build, but yeah this pretty much exactly what I did.  I only made a note of it because I usually approach endurance management with "let's see where Panacea and a single Performance Shifter proc gets me" because those don't require any extra slotting, and I just had to keep going back for more until I ended up using everything you did.  I thought Crystal Armor's recovery buff would be enough to avoid spending the extra slots, but that wasn't the case.

Elect/shield. Become the god of self-transportation and AOE damage in scrapper form. Recommendation is mine. Although came from inspiration from just getting a tank to 50 with same power set, buying full purple enchancements to complete my build, And then joining a team with someone who did it better with a scrapper. Would credit who it was, if i new who they were. Needless to say ill have to wait until i find a tank i like, to use some of those purples. 

Final answer, Judge!

• Like 1

What a fun journey you're setting out on! If you're anything like me, and you may not be, I like a balance of DPS, AOE, survivability, and incredible looks. A toon may not be the master at any—but to be great at all is where I aim.

With that, I'd recommend you shoot for a DM/Bio. As far as looks goes, I've always loved DM and the ghostly look of the minimal FX Bio Armor. DPS is wonderful as well. Aim for high recharge (around 155%), and you'll have perma-SD. Proc out touch of fear, and you'll turn a pathetic DOT into one of your go-to AOE dmg dealers. Take ball of lightning in MU mastery later on, proc it out, and you'll be good to go. This combo has wonderful synergy. With DM and BIO, you'll have little to no issues with endurance but gain a huge DMG boost (I run offensive adaptation always). Cap melee defense, shoot for S/L resists, and you'll survive most anything given BIO's massive max health powers. You'll also want to aim for high regen (I always attach a second LoTG to my +rech LoTG). BIO's T9 is incredible. I really couldn't speak highly enough about this combo. Not only do you get max health, high regen, and a fantastic AOE heal from BIO, but you also get siphon life from DM, and dark consumption for endurance. Not to mention, DM does -to hit to everything, so it only helps with survivability.

Anyway, I could go on and on about DM/Bio. I hope you'll try it out! Have a fun time figuring this one out! Sounds like it might be difficult!

My Global is: @Bloodrider

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 11:24 PM, InvaderStych said:

Claws/SR is a total classic, but nothing terribly quirky or different about the combo - tremendously powerful button-mashing blenderizer, but quirky and unique? Nope. Debating if I think this one drops out during the elimination rounds.

BZB will forever be claws and sr, regardless of which AT/body he's currently riding around within. And since we can't do claws/shield, it's the best option for claws/defense. (Nrg Aura is too damn clicky, same with Ninjitsu.) But yea... there's nothing quirky or unique goin on there. Pause for hasten and PB to fire off, click attacks. Nothing really interesting, just attack and don't get hit.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

I think thematically and functionally the closest thing to your old scrapper would be WM/EnA. Unfortunately it seems someone has already picked it. Other contenders for similarity would be WM/Rad or WM/Bio. 

I see someone picked WM/Rad so I'm left with WM/Bio I guess. Which is fine with me. Bio definitely has some weaknesses but with the right team and slotting I think you'll be an absolute powerhouse.

EDIT: I do remember seeing a nice WM/bio doing MoITF but that was before accuracy related changes iirc. The nice thing about Bio is that it contends with Rad for the most offensive secondary (and I think many would give it the edge), but I thin it offers a lot more flexibility. 

Edited by thunder_crane

So for me the "Quirkiest" sets you have listed (besides your also-rans, those are very quirky pairings that I'm having a hard time even visualizing) are Staff/Dark, DB/Bio, and Energy/Ninjitsu.

While Staff does have an end saving form, I feel you're going to be sucking wind trying to connect combos and run the end heavy Dark Armor.  I like the goofy animations, and you can probably get some neat costume/aura/animation synergy with some tinkering but Staff's true weakness is the sounds.  It always sounds like a piece of wood thunking another piece of wood, which unfortunately makes for an audio/visual disconnect for the majority of cool staff weapons you can choose.   I don't think Staff/DA makes it to the second round.

Energy/Ninjitsu has some very heavy hitters, and getting them the stealth crit is probably a ton of fun.  Ninjitsu is a more flavorful (and less OP) Super Reflexes which can easily translate to increased enjoyment of plaything the character.  The Energy half - less so.  The Pom Poms are a set from 2004, and they look it.  All the same old animations.  All the garish glowing fists that don't have fun updates like the weapon sets.  It's boring.  And while the revamped Total Focus/Energy Transfer interaction at least adds a new wrinkle in fighting smart, I don't think it's nearly enough.  Energy/Ninjitsu makes the Second round of cuts based on Big Numbers alone, but won't be carrying the banner of Group A to the finish line.  No, that will be

Dual Blades/Bio Armor

Why DB/Bio?  Well, let's talk mechanics - Bio is a strong armor set with a variety of tools that lets you customize your play style to the occasion.  And unlike Staff's three forms, Bio provides quite a noticeable difference when you shift.  It's got Oh Shit buttons, and Big Numbers buttons, and is just a strong contender to have a really fun time.  Dual Blades is actually a little lackluster mechanically.  It's got that oft resisted Lethal Damage.  It's got a weird combo system that doesn't always feel like it's really working to anyone's benefits.  It slices and dices, but maybe not in a really satisfying way?  That's why DB really needs to be paired with an armor set that can hold its own and push DB into a satisfying space.  Good thing for Bio, right?

But why take DB at all?  Well, let's skip the mechanics and talk style.  Dual Blades has the most customization out of all the weapons sets.  Claws gets two weapons to mix and match, but they're just Claw 1 and Claw 2.  DB has every sword and not-sword-but-blade weapon you could ask for.  Big ones, little ones, glowy ones, glitchy ones, you name it.  And the animations!  They don't always look as appealing on their own, but chain 'em together and people on your team will notice!  DB has a nice slashy stabby feel, and even decent sounds that don't immediately make you think "laser sword don't sound right".  You might get a similar kick from BS/Shield, but sword and board is dull compared to spinning whirlwind of deathblades.  So yeah, DB's got it going in the animation department.  But then you pair that with the general weirdness you can get out of Bio Armor's animations?  *chef kiss*  Combine mismatched swords with mismatched Shoulder/glove/boot pieces, then layer Bio Armor (using No FX to cut out the cruft) in the mix?  Man that's a stew you got going!

So yeah, in my (expert) opinion you're going to find that its Dual Blades/Bio Armor that wins your heart and soul.  Unless one of those Also-Rans runs away with it.

you can donate to my alt-itis through @Robo the Clown

I'm gonna throw out a combo that probably others won't.

Staff/Dark

Why? Several Reasons actually.

1) you want excitement

2) don't care about it being world beating

3) you want synergy

4) you like animations

5) you view mitigation in five categories:  defense, resistance, healing, knockdown, mez effects

Well,sir, I believe you described Staff/Dark to a "T".

Take a look at Staff first...

- It has awesome animations and the sounds of the "thuds" your staff makes while beating mobs senseless is cool. 

- You have 3 differnt "forms" to choose from (form of the body/mind/soul with each giving different perks. 

- At level 3, while in Form of the Body, and you execute Sky Splitter, you will temporarily gain 9.98% Resistance to ALL.

- At level 3, while in Form of the Body, and you execute Eye Of The Storm, you will lower the enemies' resistance and cause additional Smashing damage.

- Guarded Spin will boost your Melee and Lethal Defense.

- Staff has LARGE AoEs/PBAoEs. Will you put up a single hit for 1k points of damage? No. Will you put up TONS of numbers as you hit EVERYTHING near you? Yes.

Now Dark...

- Dark has your mitigation....Defense, Resistance, Heal, KD/Mez.

- You have a Damage Aura, which is nice. Even nicer since you can slot S. Avalanche in it and knock all those baddies down all the time.

- You have resistances to everything, including Psi.

- You have decent defenses since you have Cloak Of Darkness (which stacks with Maneuvers and Weave to give you even better defenses)

- Cloak of Fear...if they ain't falling down bc of the Chance for KD you put in Death Shroud, then they will just stand there trembling at the sight of your awesomeness. And they'll suffer a -To Hit debuff.

- Oppresive Gloom....if they ain't falling down bc of the Chance for KD you put in Death Shroud, then they will just stand there trembling at the sight of your awesomeness. And they'll suffer a -To Hit debuff if you slot the Absolute Amazement Chance for To Hit Debuff...which stacks with Cloak Of Fear...increasing your survivability even more.

- Dark Regen....considered the best heal in the game. Slot a Theft Of The Essence: Chance for End in this bad boy and not only will you completely heal yourself every roughly 15 seconds, you'll also get back some precious end.

Combined...you're a wrecking ball of doom. Foes will tremble at the mere sound of your name. The perks of Staff will combine/stack/supplement/round out your perks in Dark Armor. Obviously, depending on power choices and slotting, you can wind up with these numbers for Defense and Resistances. And don't forget about all the mitigation you've got going on....Chance of KD, Fear, To Hit Debuffs, and an awesome quick recharging heal.

Yep...this is your forever scrapper.

Global is @ Scarlett Angel

Capture.PNG.0ce7eee36eeaf63a1e6a048a9119498f.PNG

• Like 3

I saw this topic go up seven days ago and I'm still upset there's no Regen in any of the trial builds. 😠

6 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I saw this topic go up seven days ago and I'm still upset there's no Regen in any of the trial builds. 😠

Have you come up with a build that shines?  I know I've been working on a build that tries to focus on Recharge and Resists.  

Oh boy, I came in here, read through the intro post, thought, some influence would be nice and I love scrappers! Then I saw all these long and well thought out posts. I don't have anywhere near the in depth knowledge and breakdown of some of these others. But I do know what I've found to be very fun, and it's not on the list.

Claws/Bio

An absolute blast to play. Claws is of course claws. Fast recharge and fun to play. And Bio is just so good. I'm constantly switching between the adaptations to fit anything that comes my way. My guy is a tiny little organic armor dude named Adaptabug.

My global is the same as my forum name, Zulgeek. Good luck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrandX said:

Have you come up with a build that shines?  I know I've been working on a build that tries to focus on Recharge and Resists.  

/momentarythreadjack

It has been posted in various places over the years in a couple different forms (Claws, Katana, Kinetic, TW); It’s not necessarily a specific build so much as a design principle that is obtainable with pretty much any primary and end up with nearly identical stat results each time. The last iteration I worked on was TW/Regen in response to a thread back in 2019 where it was claimed the worst Scrapper combo. I took that build onward to solo a ton of the game content, TFs, GMs, even some of the Linea 801 AE missions. The only thing that stops it is -Regen (which is sadistically a broken aspect of its design that doesn’t really exist in the majority of the standard game). Most of the time the build has so much passive nonsense going on that it never even uses half its tools. I consider it my “Unkillable.” 

I’m on mobile right now but I can drop you the build later if like (or here if others want it too)

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

/momentarythreadjack

It has been posted in various places over the years in a couple different forms (Claws, Katana, Kinetic, TW); It’s not necessarily a specific build so much as a design principle that is obtainable with pretty much any primary and end up with nearly identical stat results each time. The last iteration I worked on was TW/Regen in response to a thread back in 2019 where it was claimed the worst Scrapper combo. I took that build onward to solo a ton of the game content, TFs, GMs, even some of the Linea 801 AE missions. The only thing that stops it is -Regen (which is sadistically a broken aspect of its design that doesn’t really exist in the majority of the standard game). Most of the time the build has so much passive nonsense going on that it never even uses half its tools. I consider it my “Unkillable.” 

I’m on mobile right now but I can drop you the build later if like (or here if others want it too)

Yes please, as I've been trying to make the unkillable Regen, that I felt did as well or better than my WP in ITF.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Yes please, as I've been trying to make the unkillable Regen, that I felt did as well or better than my WP in ITF.

Titan/Regen:

Spoiler

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1627;769;1538;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B6F12511480EFC02042E993B6D307AFBE6128D3A26ED46A4C6CA97D90B|
		|452EDCAE0945EE8C4C9400013FD01EE7CD4B6891B5F5BD7FE02E34EADFE04B76E6C|
		|AB6EDCE161CEB942C324936FCEEB9E73EEB977D20FE67DF97CEA1A933AAE9B7AA59|
		|2CDE4CA7AA9C4CBAEB45E3072ACFEB8E10D087D36CD4DCEB50DA3AA5BD94DAE978A|
		|5625F8DF38CFF3DCAA70ED262F708B97F5AA51B4BA97AC1D5EE65655131FBEB562D|
		|1D45621D8B00A5E5BC89438DF6EB73F534661A70A861E948AE51CCF16F3D94DC334|
		|07174A464ECB5475F31E24CB14EF9BD9B45EA9F2F2C301A85183F789C2C45373B16|
		|F4EC69232737C227E41CA3A98931E3674E8B0E5B10F40BFCCE6EB9D4A182CB35B92|
		|6DF48E6050D732C85332EB594286D6D1BEE016311024052843107926448C20CF869|
		|12908725226C9B9E7B0CBF1BDC0729E410F2ED183EB40C6C85DA4F739D2B787ECDA|
		|47F63E72D865ED2A38307B65779CD9C69977B8723F583C94D6E1E9C3063A7A91C91|
		|5AC6D0C9CDA6805D6E6C1C84550B68BAD69A76E3AA8DB7EEA7680BA1DA02E6F4050|
		|A748D749FBD94BFBD6BF811C05A76EB115DD54700F71098C7E61F42BF0159459E21|
		|C2E2F81B14F14DA5783873941A590BF53496086A1B864EF6F40256AA87F0A5B3528|
		|263778051B0DCD212317912397889791326418A60CAEE123AC24745CA79B454E680|
		|B7F2163BF91337F907B903128261B5471C5F1496214391923C691093A9D07101C16|
		|C1E1BB38F6888E1CD9428EE79053DBC82447EE43F0A8E875F42D2AC75E92F36BA4F|
		|A0639FD0AB90CBD4E88A0091AFA240D3B46C39FA6A12768E88F2153548C204A674C|
		|FD4CCE87B4215F913F007131C2F81C4076B2BF3EBCCBB652A31556A1965971AE674|
		|9998CE3450ECB8D8B5B0BC88D5F405D8663B17A4A95C0B3B526372E2E936CBF9F5E|
		|504942457E47A79451541E37291DD26D2C678A8EB87A150FEA49939324D12D8FD12|
		|DFFAE34D5ECE982FF01D552535B1B986D55255B55E75B55175A55EB7EC82F122F2A|
		|4DC2FBBA4554B1E66D12EE340B5BCDC247B5F1B7A8ADA88D21D5FE0146A5F8B7|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Aptly comes from my character named Deus Excalibur. Some notes: Shadow Meld > MoG > Shadow Meld is viable pretty much every 60/s and leads well into Instant Healing > Rebirth Radial for a very long stretch of nearly 180 HP/s Regen which is incredibly difficult for most things in the standard game to DPS down. If you keep the timing right and use Rebirth to fill the brief gap between IH down cycles (90 up, 80 down) the SM > MoG > SM falls in line 20/s after Rebirth activation. Defensive Sweep is (technically) in the build and can get a double stack for boosted Melee defense into iCap, but I'll be honest I don't even keep the power in my main tray [/em shrug]. There's just the right amount of passive levels for key Def/Res, and if they're at a level that when teamed the build easily hits the cap for several Resistance stats, and the 45/59% levels for S/L/M (if not at least 45% for everything) when there's things like Sonics/Thermals or FF/Colds around. As I said before though I solo'd a lot of content with this. It definitely isn't a "jump in a play" kind of build, it takes a bit to get used to its nuances.

• Like 3