Page 7 Farming Microguide (Maps + Builds)

America's Angel

On 4/5/2024 at 8:10 AM, TivoManiac said:

So for the Smashing/Lethal I made a set of maps using the road tunnel that just make it easier to get in with whatever lowbies are tagging along so they don't get killed instantly. The enemies are the same build that AA uses on the asteroid map. Give it a try if you like 61170.

I'll give it a shot today! I've been using 54069, which is a S/L outdoor office map for the same reason.

@TivoManiac It's not bad! You trade out just a little efficiency for a LOT of safety for sitters. 

On 54069, I run it in 17 mins and get roughly 9 million inf (529,000 inf/min).
On 61170, I run it in 6 mins and get roughly 2.5 million inf (417,000 inf/min).

Ya that was what I was seeing and it seemed better than the outdoor city farm as the mobs are still close enough to draw in from the closer ones. Decent trade off in my book. I'll need to try 54069 again I was coming up with better numbers on the one I created but maybe it was an odd run.

Edited by TivoManiac

Just starting it but I like it better already since the helpers actually can spawn up front. On the road tunnel it seems they only ever spawn in back so no real help. Thanks for the map #.

• 2 weeks later

Would there be a way to make the AFK farms last longer? I can clear the 10min afk farm in about 6 min. So resetting every 6min is a little hard while trying to do other things, is there a way to put more mobs or something to make it last 30 min?

• 5 weeks later
Posted (edited)

Does the trick with maxing the mobs out at 53 to force exemplar and get double inf still work?

e; I see now that option was removed

Edited by Wylkeroo

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2024 at 10:35 PM, America's Angel said:

image.thumb.png.90564a7060d9b54266164993099eafd1.png

"Look ma, I'm famous!"

Thanks for all the tickets, folks. 😅

Hey, how necessary are the end and HP accolades for the afk farming build? I have everything I need for it but getting all of those accolades on a fresh tanker seems like it'd take a while, if i have t4 ageless and t3 musculature and assault is that enough? The survival amplifier seems a bit expensive to be worth buying it at 2.5mil per hour. also, thank you for putting this guide together.

Edit: I am trying out the slightly modified elec/rad afk build on tanker and I think I am doing something wrong .. I just die immediately, even though Ive completed the build, and gotten t4 musculature, t4 ageless and t3 assault. any suggestions? i dont have the hp accolades but i got the survival amplifier and i still just die like within 10 or so seconds in the afk 5 minute farm. Im not sure what i'm doing wrong. build im using is attached to the post.

Elec-Rad 105 AFK Tanker.mxd

Edited by R jobbus

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, America's Angel said:

Put the attached file "FarmPro.mnu" into your C:\Games\Homecoming\data\texts\English\menus folder. (Or whatever the path name is for your installation)

Hello there! Newbie here with a quick question regarding this part;

My Homecoming\data folder is completely empty and doesn't lead to texts\English\menus (I'm using the regular HC launcher from homecomingservers.com). Do I simply create those folders manually and put the file in there, or am I missing something? My apologies if this was answered before, I didn't read through all the pages. 🙈

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, I just added the folders and it works. Thank you so much for the guide! 🙂

Edited by Palmtree

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 12:19 AM, Wylkeroo said:

Does the trick with maxing the mobs out at 53 to force exemplar and get double inf still work?

e; I see now that option was removed

Yeah that was removed years ago and since there other changes occured with farms so be mindful if you have an older build..

Edited by Sanguinesun

So...when the page 5 changes hit...it took me a while to adjust. I was irritated to the point where I just stopped farming altogether. Then, after a brief break, I revisited the problem. The problem was me. I was so focused on the solution to afk I had implemented, I was just convinced it should still work, but it didn't. 

I would read these posts about how for AFK, a tank was the better choice. Yeah. Sure. Maybe for what your goals are, go ahead. 
My goal has nothing to do with speed. It's afk. It could take all day to clear a map, and that'd be okay. My primary goal is to accrue emp merits for my alts so I can t-3 them when they ding 50 in short order, rather than suffer the fickle rng reward table. 

Some time ago, a friend shared with me something he thought was ingenious - and I thought so to. Rescue an NPC, and follow it. The rescue is done by burn on auto. The F key for follow is pressed just before you tab out, with the hostage needing rescue being the one to follow. It was a stone tank - before the changes to stone took place, so it went very slow, which was perfect. Plenty of time for burn and the damage aura to dispatch all the npcs that would invariably march by as the freed hostage made its way to the entrance. 

It was the Atta map, so there were a number of obstacles, and after trying various things, like hovering low to the ground to minimize this, I basically decided I'd just have to tab back in every so often and set the farmer on the right path, if it got obstructed. 

With the page 5 changes, you could still do this, but with the -def changes that never appeared for me in the combat log, it was just death waiting on me when I would return. 
Regen and HP were the keys. And still trying to keep recharge up. 

So, this was a problem I didn't have the patience to solve. I mean, I don't really need the emp merits, as before page 5, I had accrued a nice stack of t-merits for the next dozen or so alts. 
And then, I was bored or something and I think I wanted to grab something from the farmer's salvage, maybe some catalysts. No matter - it got me misty eyed, thinking of this fantastic farmer that I had actually leveled up outside of the farm. It already had the 4 passive accolades, because all my 50's that I play get those as just a matter of course. 

I saw the build that America generously shared for the rad/fire brute. I made a 2nd farmer. and the poor first farmer stalls at vet level 2780. 
image.png.324732620f859b9dad7bd5649becb5db.png

Almost 5 years old. I had never thought to take it into AE when I made it. See the technology origin? That was going to be for freakshow, and I'd planned to utilize the SO drops as I leveled up - and I did - because I didn't have the big stacks of inf I have now. 
I adapted to the ridiculously implemented end sappers that were suddenly out in the wild because of these folks who I can only tangentially relate to on alternate weekends thought they needed more challenge in the game - and that's a whole 'nother topic. 
And, finally, I have adapted to the new way of AFK farming for Spines/Fire brutes. Screw the tanks and their piss poor damage. 
Yes, you need to hp accolades. But for me - I get those anyway. 

I give you an imperfect, but certainly acceptable spines/fire build for +4/8 afk farming (the map I use doesn't have EBs. EBs do not help me reach my goals at any greater rate. No promises are made about maps with EBs.)
If I can trust that the map 44188 (bloodom's 40 minute map) has "100% XP", then this build works - most of the time. More often than not - I do not tab back in to see a corpse. I see purples, threads and emp merits. 

The ridiculous idea of putting a set of purples in brawl and boxing are set aside, sacrificing that bit of recharge for more fire defense. 

If you care to use it, feel free. If you want to nitpick, go ahead. I won't listen, because it's working for what I want it to do. 
I'm sure there are "better builds". But this build is perfect for me for right now. 

SpinesfireBrute - Brute (Spines - Fiery Aura).mbd

Posted (edited)

Been down the Atta Map and follow the hostage out path what I found was the hostage, while you're on follow, on some runs would teleport through the walls to a different part of the map leaving your farming character stranded. It happened at a high rate. I wonder if that disruption still occurs now?

The crossroads parts of the maps are where doom is met the most.

Edited by Digirium

On 6/1/2024 at 6:01 AM, Digirium said:

Been down the Atta Map and follow the hostage out path what I found was the hostage, while you're on follow, on some runs would teleport through the walls to a different part of the map leaving your farming character stranded. It happened at a high rate. I wonder if that disruption still occurs now?

The crossroads parts of the maps are where doom is met the most.

That sounds like the npc is encountering a terrain mesh collision and triggering the /stuck mechanics which would port it to a spot where such a conflict doesnt occur.  On maps with lots of uneven terrain or maps with lots of asset clutter, that can happen sometimes.  Then again it could be some other terrain mesh issue.