Page 7 Farming Microguide (Maps + Builds)

America's Angel

2 hours ago, CR Americas Angel said:

Let me change that. Should say at least Tier 3. Tier 3 or Tier 4 both work.

The reason why is that it provides a level shift which decreased the value of incoming KB attacks from the mobs.

Ahhh ok gotcha, i understand now! Thanks for the reply!🙂

• 3 weeks later

Hi guys, I need a budget build for a spines/fire brute.  I'm a new account, so I don't have a billion inf sitting around waiting to be spent, and I need something realistic as a first farmer build.  The old links I found for spines/fire builds don't seem to load in mids, it gives multiple errors loading through the .mxd file, or via the forums link.  Spines/fire is already level 37, and I'm committed to this even if it's not the absolute best, it'll work for my purposes.  

5 hours ago, crimson72 said:

Hi guys, I need a budget build for a spines/fire brute.  I'm a new account, so I don't have a billion inf sitting around waiting to be spent, and I need something realistic as a first farmer build.  The old links I found for spines/fire builds don't seem to load in mids, it gives multiple errors loading through the .mxd file, or via the forums link.  Spines/fire is already level 37, and I'm committed to this even if it's not the absolute best, it'll work for my purposes.  

I'm not at home right now so I can't find a build for you but I will say farmers builds can be quite forgiving for new players to build slowly, you dont NEED the whole build at once to just start hitting on farms. 

Farmers builds usually consist of simply whatever sets they need to survive to bring their def and res up and some recharge and the rest procs, I mean tons of procs! My farmers build has over 50 procs including the ones in health, stamina etc.. thats out of like 75ish total slots. 

I would suggest to start building for your defense, resistance and health, stamina procs first, once you get softcapped/capped and are healthy at this point you can hit if you're softcapped/capped and have H/S procs, for now just fill the remaining slots with regular IOs/SOs while you save up to buy your sets for recharge and then finally finish the builds procs once you get the inf for it.. 

You definitely won't be the best hitter while building it slowly like that but at least you can hit and make some inf to finish the build and not have to be a sitter..

Just to start the build to get soft/capped H/S youll probaly need like 400mil. Any farmers build will cost minimum 700-800mil, it'll take time if you're new.

Edited by Oh yeah eh
  • Like 1

• 1 month later
On 4/28/2023 at 11:09 PM, A3r0h said:

@CR Americas Angel Thanks for the inspiration. :))

In case anyone cares, I have made an alternate version of the build for the AFK Elec/Rad Tanker.

Capped S/L/E Resist
Capped S/L Defense

Capped Melee Defense
Highest dmg output while AFK of the listed builds at 105 effective dmg/s
Atom Smasher on Auto

Pros compared to the OP build

+4.91 effective dmg/s per 10 targets

+4 HP/s Regen

Capped 49% Melee Def up from 33%
Cons compared to the OP build

-126 Max HP

Full breakdown on the differences between the builds in the spoiler below.

This build also comes free with Super Jump for movement and has at least 3 movable slots for preference, as well as vastly superior overall resistances.

Hide contents

DMG
Lightning Field for 22.51 dmg/s and Irradiated Ground for 22.62 dmg/s for a total 45.13 dmg/s from auras per 10 targets

vs.

Lightning Field for 21.32 dmg/s and Irradiated Ground for 20.58 dmg/s for a total 41.9 dmg/s from auras per 10 targets

for an extra 3.23 dmg/s from auras.

Atom Smasher on auto for 37.42 dmg/s per 16 targets
vs.

Atom Smasher on auto for 36.37 dmg/s per 16 targets

As Atom Smasher hits 16 targets on the Tanker vs. auras 10 and 10 for a Brutes Atom Smasher, I will time the above numbers by 1.6 to get the effective dmg/s vs. 10 targets, just so we can compare the numbers easier across the board and ATs, should anyone want.

37.42*1.6=59.87
36.37*1.6=58.19
for a extra 1.68 dmg/s from Atom Smasher.
Total inc in dmg is roughly
+4.91 dmg/s for 10 targets

Res
Resistances, though all we care about is S/L which are capped at 90% on both builds. But for an honerable mention, in case you wanna do other things:
+31% F/C up to 69%
+18% E up to 90% cap
+55% nE up to 72.5%
+64% Ps up to 63%
-06% Tx down to 8%

Def

Defenses are pretty much the same across the board, apart from also capping Melee:
+16% Melee def up to 49% and past the soft cap, up from 33%

HP and Regen

Here we take a small hit to max HP, for an equally small gain to HP/s:

-126 HP at 2432 HP down from 2558 HP
+58 Regen (4 HP/s) at 375% (~38 HP/s) up from 317% (~34 HP/s)

End
For End management, the builds are pretty equal. Both take advantage of the Destiny "Ageless Core Epiphany". This build has higher end use at endgame, but also has more toggles that can be turned off during the building process for slightly cheaper End.
About equal

Status Protection
Should not play any major role in AFK farming, so just an honerable mention, in case you wanna branch out.
+2mag Held

+9mag KB
+63.2% Held
-12.5% Stun, Sleep, Immobilize, Confuse, Terrorize
+42.39% Taunt, Placate (though kinda useless outside PvP I guess)

Debuff protection

Also not a major concern for AFK farming, so also just another honerable mention.
+60% PerceptionRadius
+86.5% ToHit

+20% Recharge and run speed

Acc

Both builds hit the 95% hit cap vs. +3 enemies (+4 as soon as you pass t4 alpha).

Elec-Rad 105 AFK Tanker.mxd 5.13 kB · 68 downloads

Just wondering what is the purpose of acrobatics for this build? Doesn't seem to need the additional KB/hold protection.

If you drop acrobatics and provoke, you can instead pick up a rad attack power to keep the taunt set from provoke, and then dip into another pool power like stealth solely to serve as a fifth LotG mule.

Just kind spitballin!

On 4/29/2023 at 2:09 AM, A3r0h said:

@CR Americas Angel Thanks for the inspiration. :))

In case anyone cares, I have made an alternate version of the build for the AFK Elec/Rad Tanker.

Capped S/L/E Resist
Capped S/L Defense

Capped Melee Defense
Highest dmg output while AFK of the listed builds at 105 effective dmg/s
Atom Smasher on Auto

Pros compared to the OP build

+4.91 effective dmg/s per 10 targets

+4 HP/s Regen

Capped 49% Melee Def up from 33%
Cons compared to the OP build

-126 Max HP

Full breakdown on the differences between the builds in the spoiler below.

This build also comes free with Super Jump for movement and has at least 3 movable slots for preference, as well as vastly superior overall resistances.

Reveal hidden contents

DMG
Lightning Field for 22.51 dmg/s and Irradiated Ground for 22.62 dmg/s for a total 45.13 dmg/s from auras per 10 targets

vs.

Lightning Field for 21.32 dmg/s and Irradiated Ground for 20.58 dmg/s for a total 41.9 dmg/s from auras per 10 targets

for an extra 3.23 dmg/s from auras.

Atom Smasher on auto for 37.42 dmg/s per 16 targets
vs.

Atom Smasher on auto for 36.37 dmg/s per 16 targets

As Atom Smasher hits 16 targets on the Tanker vs. auras 10 and 10 for a Brutes Atom Smasher, I will time the above numbers by 1.6 to get the effective dmg/s vs. 10 targets, just so we can compare the numbers easier across the board and ATs, should anyone want.

37.42*1.6=59.87
36.37*1.6=58.19
for a extra 1.68 dmg/s from Atom Smasher.
Total inc in dmg is roughly
+4.91 dmg/s for 10 targets

Res
Resistances, though all we care about is S/L which are capped at 90% on both builds. But for an honerable mention, in case you wanna do other things:
+31% F/C up to 69%
+18% E up to 90% cap
+55% nE up to 72.5%
+64% Ps up to 63%
-06% Tx down to 8%

Def

Defenses are pretty much the same across the board, apart from also capping Melee:
+16% Melee def up to 49% and past the soft cap, up from 33%

HP and Regen

Here we take a small hit to max HP, for an equally small gain to HP/s:

-126 HP at 2432 HP down from 2558 HP
+58 Regen (4 HP/s) at 375% (~38 HP/s) up from 317% (~34 HP/s)

End
For End management, the builds are pretty equal. Both take advantage of the Destiny "Ageless Core Epiphany". This build has higher end use at endgame, but also has more toggles that can be turned off during the building process for slightly cheaper End.
About equal

Status Protection
Should not play any major role in AFK farming, so just an honerable mention, in case you wanna branch out.
+2mag Held

+9mag KB
+63.2% Held
-12.5% Stun, Sleep, Immobilize, Confuse, Terrorize
+42.39% Taunt, Placate (though kinda useless outside PvP I guess)

Debuff protection

Also not a major concern for AFK farming, so also just another honerable mention.
+60% PerceptionRadius
+86.5% ToHit

+20% Recharge and run speed

Acc

Both builds hit the 95% hit cap vs. +3 enemies (+4 as soon as you pass t4 alpha).

Elec-Rad 105 AFK Tanker.mxd 5.13 kB · 73 downloads

To add to the above question, how exactly did you calculate those effective dps numbers, seems dropping a -20% res from IG and AS for an extra damage proc is going to actually be worse, also losing 2 power transfer heal procs to gain 4hp/s also appears to be a net loss. if taking the extra 4hp/s in a minute that 240hp, vs a power transfer assuming 3 ppm of 94hp each thats 282hp. Having two extra power transfers proccing thats 564hp per minute, way better than 240hp per minute from an extra  4hps.....

On 2/18/2023 at 10:29 AM, Americas Angel said:

Put the attached file "FarmPro.mnu" into your C:\Games\Homecoming\data\texts\English\menus folder. (Or whatever the path name is for your installation)

Thank you very much, AA!

So my game directory data folder doesn't have the "texts\English\menus" subdirectories in the 'data' folder.   Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Squid Vicious said:

So my game directory data folder doesn't have the "texts\English\menus" subdirectories in the 'data' folder.   Am I missing something?

You can manually create those directories and it'll work just fine.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• 1 month later

First off, awesome guides and dialog. I have learned so much. Sorry if I am slow. Loved the game back in the day and I am having a blast now. I am new to the farming builds.

Just a couple questions. I am running both the rad/fire and S/L AFK builds. 

on the SL I have triple checked my set up but I see ~3% difference in my def , resist is about .5% compared to mids. I have alpha maxed but maybe a different incarnate would make up the 3%? I couldn’t find anything in the tier 3/4 but maybe I am blind. I didn’t know if it was a known calculation  bug or if I need to review everything again / get all incarnate to 3/4. 

on my Rad/Fire I keep dying at 4/8. Again alpha is maxed but I can’t figure out what is going on. 

On both toons I am using all the p2w and the SG buffs (including KB cause even with t4 alpha I get knocked.) With out these buffs I drop pretty quick.

Sorry for the small novel if a question as well as what will probably be a simple “already asked and answered” but I appreciate the kindness of the community to us noobs :)

To answer my own question I was able to mostly resolve the differences in stats by realizing I had missed some superior versions of enhancements. 

follow up question, and if the answer is “see the builder” that is great. I was wondering if people are taking Musculature or Agility for alpha? 

4 hours ago, Lorcet said:

To answer my own question I was able to mostly resolve the differences in stats by realizing I had missed some superior versions of enhancements. 

follow up question, and if the answer is “see the builder” that is great. I was wondering if people are taking Musculature or Agility for alpha? 

It should be in the mids file, but IIRC the Elec/Rad AFK build uses Agility.

It's worth pointing out that the Page 5 aggro changes did make actual AFK farming a lot more difficult especially if you're not on a Tanker. You almost have to be constantly checking on your farm, which I suppose is part of the goals of the changes.

Edited by macskull

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• America's Angel changed the title to Page 6 Farming Microguide (Maps + Builds)
  • 5 weeks later
On 9/5/2023 at 9:04 AM, macskull said:

It's worth pointing out that the Page 5 aggro changes did make actual AFK farming a lot more difficult especially if you're not on a Tanker. You almost have to be constantly checking on your farm, which I suppose is part of the goals of the changes.

For AFK a Brute with Spines/Fire and 60+ hp/sec on the asteroid map and 16x patrol is completely survivable. I have been waiting for a life extinguishing event to happen with all aggro getting hits instead of misses. It has come close right up to 60/hp sec and receded completely when that figure was exceeded.

Farmer parked in the middle of the map begins with aggro from most of the patrols. Bosses rush in, when they are gone the lieutenants rush in then the minions (lookup Mr Sterling in AE for the map I made and use - 41x missions of this farm gets a new character to 50 with incarnate slots filled, the farm has five missions so eight runs + 1 mission). The Brute that I use has 62.5 hp/sec health regeneration that can ATO proc surge up to 66-68 hp/sec.

Tankers work AFK but a Brute has the advantage due to fury.

While AFK no care is given to the time taken to clear a farm mission. A tanker can gain more hp/sec than a brute and can very easily survive AFK but the downside is it takes longer to finish a farm mission than a brute. While no care is given to the time taken in the bigger picture being efficient/effective does matter. A brute is the better choice. Aside from fury for technical reasons to do with hp/sec a Brute spines/fire builds out better than Brute rad/fire for AFK.

Yes, it still works. Not as effective as it once was, but you can do it pretty easily. I have my AFK farmer running during my work day in the background and I will periodically check in to make sure I need to reset. I can't really pay attention and play at the time, so it's a easy way to get recipes and influence built up for later. 

• 2 weeks later
On 8/28/2022 at 7:55 AM, America's Angel said:

**FEBRUARY 2023 SMASHING/LETHAL UPDATE**

Okay, so after a bunch of testing, the best active farmer is a Rad/MA Tank, and the best AFK farmer is an Elec/Rad Tank.

Does anyone have the Elect/Rad Tank build? I'm unable to open it in the new Mid's

• 3 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 11/27/2023 at 8:34 PM, XylstoBanks said:

To powerlevel another toon, which is the best AT and map?

To answer an old question, power leveling a toon is no different than farming. Therefore, the maps and builds American Angel gave on this thread are one of your best bets. If you use an asteroid map be sure to get stealth or invisibility for the toon you are power leveling at level 4 so they can hide and not get killed every 5 seconds. You can respec out of it later.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 1/6/2024 at 11:10 PM, MythsnWraiths said:

To answer an old question, power leveling a toon is no different than farming. Therefore, the maps and builds American Angel gave on this thread are one of your best bets. If you use an asteroid map be sure to get stealth or invisibility for the toon you are power leveling at level 4 so they can hide and not get killed every 5 seconds. You can respec out of it later.

On my fire farmer I have the stealth pool for LoTG mules.  I use Grant invis to anyone at the door then clean up around that area so they don't get killed.

Hi all :).

I've been following this thread and tried to modify the stone/rad tank AFK build to work for S/L farms. I don't know a whole ton about builds so I'm sure there's lots of areas of improvement. It has a pretty high amount of regen but I feel like I sacrificed recharge % to get there (I also used a lot of sets for SL res bonuses). The hasten is there to use one time, right as you enter the map. This would be run without granite and I think maneuvers can also be left off because SL defense is already soft-capped. I now realize that Elec/ is probably used for SL because of how easy it is to cap SL res heh.

If anyone with more experience could help critique my build I'd appreciate it a lot. Thank you!

AFK_STONERADTANK_SL_attempt2.mbd