Winter pack contents?

sindyr

• 1 month later
3 hours ago, Texas Titan said:

I finally got around to buying one today to try it out.

I got 2 team inspirations, 5 converters, 1 respec and 1 build snow beast temp power.

Needless to say I will not be buying another. Total waste of 25 million.

That sucks; sorry to hear that.  I think they designed the packs so that on average you will end up with at least one winter-o, but the problem with averages is that sometimes you are below average.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

That sucks; sorry to hear that.  I think they designed the packs so that on average you will end up with at least one winter-o, but the problem with averages is that sometimes you are below average.

So just for sake of my sanity I went ahead and bought another one,

I got 2 Inspirations, 1 Snowbeast,  1 Experienced, and 1 Respec.

I must be drawing the short straw.

This time I will seriously not waste the INF again.  HA HA HA

Winter Pack.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texas Titan said:

So just for sake of my sanity I went ahead and bought another one,

I got 2 Inspirations, 1 Snowbeast,  1 Experienced, and 1 Respec.

I must be drawing the short straw.

This time I will seriously not waste the INF again.  HA HA HA

Winter Pack.jpg

A month ago, I spent 25 million in three packs. The first netted me an IO with the other two giving me pretty this type of thing.

From now on, I am either using merits or just buying Winter IOs on the market when I want sets from those garbage packs. I don’t mind spending Influence, however. I can’t stand wasting it.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I buy these things in stacks of 10, 30 or 50 and routinely get more than that in winter IOs (or ATOs if going for super packs instead). I dont recommend buying one and hoping for the best, they arent a cheapskate's game. Get some real dough and let'er rip.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cyvert said:

I buy these things in stacks of 10, 30 or 50 and routinely get more than that in winter IOs (or ATOs if going for super packs instead). I dont recommend buying one and hoping for the best, they arent a cheapskate's game. Get some real dough and let'er rip.

I like this idea. I think I'm going to buy twenty of them when I get home just for shits and giggles. I will share my results. I'll also buy 20 each of the two cheaper packs to see how they compare. I realize with such a small sample size it won't be definitive. But I'm curious, bored, and need an excuse to blow some influence.

9 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I like this idea. I think I'm going to buy twenty of them when I get home just for shits and giggles. I will share my results. I'll also buy 20 each of the two cheaper packs to see how they compare. I realize with such a small sample size it won't be definitive. But I'm curious, bored, and need an excuse to blow some influence.

Hey there, I am always happy to give you an excuse to blow some influence....my alts need a new pair of IO's you know...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

So I bought 20 Winter Packs:

• Team Inspirations  18
  • Brain Storm  520
  • Candy Cane 55
  • Boosters   1
  • Winter IO  26
  • Snow Beast   7
  • Experienced   4
  • Unslotter   28
  • Free Tailor  2
  • Reward Merits  200
  • Converters   7
  • Respec   1
  • Winter Ward  1
  • Windfall   2
  • Frost Bite   1

Bought  25 each of the other two packs, didn't record everything I got from them.  But the 25 Hero/Villain packs got me 27 ATOs and 125 Merits and the Rogue/Vigilante packs got me 26 ATOs and 275 Merits.  Spent a billion total on this and while I haven't done the math, if I were to sell all the IOs and use the merits for converters I think I came ahead. But this was tedious and now I have a tone of team inspirations dirtying up my character items.

• Like 1

That looks about right as far as turn out goes typically. At that amount you almost always come out ahead by a bit. The whole bit is tedious but alot of the methods for making influence via the market are a bit on the tedious side.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well I feel personally attacked.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Well I feel personally attacked.

If the pack fits Clave...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

1 hour ago, justicebeliever said:

If the pack fits Clave...

I just bought 20 Winter Packs and all I got was this lousy insult!

• Haha 4

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 8/8/2019 at 4:20 AM, cyvert said:

That looks about right as far as turn out goes typically. At that amount you almost always come out ahead by a bit. The whole bit is tedious but alot of the methods for making influence via the market are a bit on the tedious side.

It’s that tedious part that makes me more than happy to just buy them off of you in the Matket.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward