Praetorian Task Force

KingCeddd03

Can you add praetorian task forces it would make things there more interesting. Maybe one to two in each zone.

In Nova Praetoria we can have the Praetor White Task Force

In Imperial City, we can have Praetor Sinclair Task Force

In Neutropolis we can have the Praetor Tilman Task Force

what you guys think?

Edited by KingCeddd03
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Common reaction seems to be that it would screw up the story progression... but I agree I think this would be really cool. Even just one at 20-25 as an option to take your Praetorian a bit further. It would maybe be easier to have a DFB style event gold side and then if you could do radios / banks.. I just love everything about Gold Side and wish there was more to get more action over there

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah. Main issue there is screwing up the story progression.

If you don't care about that? *shrug*  I don't know that there's story enough left in Praetoria, but sure.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

32 minutes ago, Krimson said:

No. The main issue would be finding enough Praetorians to fill a Taskforce. Sure, it might happen on Excelsior...

I disagree. There are plenty of players, including on these forums, complaining about how easy it is for them to rocket past their current contacts gold side. Now add in SFs that will accelerate that.

Also, there is the consideration of how those new SFs would mesh with the existing story without messing up the story we already have. So what SFs doing what from whom would you want? What level ranges would those SFs be and who would be the focus of those SFs? How would it mesh with the current story in the game?

39 minutes ago, Krimson said:

No. The main issue would be finding enough Praetorians to fill a Taskforce. Sure, it might happen on Excelsior...

Well, no. Blue *and* red can go into Praetoria, after all, so numbers wouldn't necessarily be too bad. If they get into the WTF migration, people would jump in for an hour or two.  It'd be more finding one to *start* the TF, unless it considers what your starting alignment was (looking for some Praetoria-specific badge, perhaps - I'm not sure how it handles the forced red/blue on leaving praetoria and if the game remembers what you were previously.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Krimson said:

This just reaffirms my point. Why would someone who complains about out-leveling their contacts join a Taskforce? Ergo, who is going to join?

Apologies. I misunderstood you. Guess those questions should have been given to the OP.

33 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Well, no. Blue *and* red can go into Praetoria, after all, so numbers wouldn't necessarily be too bad. If they get into the WTF migration, people would jump in for an hour or two.  It'd be more finding one to *start* the TF, unless it considers what your starting alignment was (looking for some Praetoria-specific badge, perhaps - I'm not sure how it handles the forced red/blue on leaving praetoria and if the game remembers what you were previously.)

I just realized this. Outside of the Pocket D event missions, can gold siders even team with red siders or blue siders to do TFs/SFs? How would that mesh?

40 minutes ago, Greycat said:

the game remembers what you were previously.

The game does remember what you were previously!  However that only shows up in the Marchand/Mr. G Primal arcs, both late additions to the game.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

I don't know that there's story enough left in Praetoria, but sure

Oh there's a LOT of things to be told in Praetoria!  See signature for more!

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 9/18/2022 at 5:07 AM, KingCeddd03 said:

what you guys think?

Sure, as long as we can also raise the level caps on the individual arcs.  Right now it's hard enough just not to out-level stuff and mess up story progression when solo.

And frankly, given the...unique degree of "balance" that most of even low-level Praetorian enemies have, I feel like there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.  But who knows.

But yeah, otherwise, there's little point in adding a bunch of TFs that require turning off XP anyway.

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

I just realized this. Outside of the Pocket D event missions, can gold siders even team with red siders or blue siders to do TFs/SFs? How would that mesh?

Yes, they can. I had someone come help me when I thought that the five minute timer on defeating Warworks was earnest.

I think there might be something that prevents redsiders and bluesiders from joining missions in Nova Praetoria, but I've teamed with both in the other two zones.

3 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Sure, as long as we can also raise the level caps on the individual arcs.  Right now it's hard enough just not to out-level stuff and mess up story progression when solo.

And frankly, given the...unique degree of "balance" that most of even low-level Praetorian enemies have, I feel like there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.  But who knows.

But yeah, otherwise, there's little point in adding a bunch of TFs that require turning off XP anyway.

Well, they wouldn't require turning off experience. You'd miss some content, but depending on the story you're telling, it sometimes makes sense to miss content.

It would, however, make progression easier for people who didn't want to leave praetoria because it'd give them things to do after they can't get repeatable missions in the first ward or night ward.

I think the biggest issue of "redsiders and bluesiders can do this task force" is "Why would the Praetors give Task Forces to non-praetorians" You could run it like the unlockable task forces "you have to be a praetorian to lead the team"

Actually, I think the best way to unlock these is to use badges from mission arcs, so you can run those in Ouroboros to explain why the contact trusts you.

Adding some task forces would be nice, but I think a bigger issue is the lack of the key four accolades that provide +Health/+Endurance. Basically, that means my forever gold toon will never reach his full potential!

That being said, I think a Night Ward Task Force (or plural) would help with leveling goldsiders from 40-50 sans AE (or going to the lesser earth).

• Thumbs Up 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 9/21/2022 at 5:58 PM, Rudra said:

Praetorians can do most of the instanced trials.  (Cathedral of Pain, iTrials, SBB) Makes Echo Plaza handy.

One thing I noted that they can not do is an Orou mission with a Primal.  They can't be on a team with a Primal in a base.  (Which can cause issues elsewhere)

However, they have zero issue teaming with Primals as long as no one pops into their base.

I love the idea of TFs for Praetoria!  I love starting toons there and running through the content - and TFs there would be a great way to draw to others to those zones too.  

However, since it seems most people are concerned about any TFs messing up story progression... I think the the TFs should be lvl 20+.  This would give more content in the main zones outside of First Ward and Night Ward - that I think most praetorian players skip since there is nothing content-wise in the main zones that draw them there (since First/Night Wards came in after the others).  But maybe a TF can cover this content gap?  

Anyway, I would think any TFs would have to start at lvl 20.  Perhaps, Praetor Duncan in Nova gives one lvl 20-25 (maybe it could be about her revenge regarding the Destroyer incident?).  Then Sinclair in Imperial City can give us one lvl 25-30.  And then maybe Anti-Matter can do one in Neutropolis at lvl 30-35 (something about how we do something nefarious in an attempt to show how much he loves Praetor Duncan)? 

There is SO much lore in Praetoria that could be tapped into for TFs there that we could have TFs all the way up to lvl 50.  Ooo, and Emperor Cole lvl 45-50+ TF that is all about setting up the invasion of Primal Earth could be fun!  

Calvin Scott (primal) used to be in IP standing near Aurora / Sister Psyche and he had his own TF that is now in Ouro (last I heard).  Perhaps he can have a new Resistance themed TF in the Tunnels (obviously he'd have to stand outside of the Resistance Base for any Loyalists/Vills/Rogues to talk to him.  

I really like this idea @KingCeddd03🙂  

• Thumbs Up 1

Blue and red siders get an immediate contact to send them to First Ward at 20. If the concern is getting more gold siders to go there, why not just give them an automatic contact to go there too instead of having to figure out there are 2 more Praetorian zones for them to play through if they want?

That said, at least First Ward and Night Ward don't seem to link to the ongoing story between Praetorian Earth and Primal Earth, so fitting TFs in those 2 zones would probably be easiest. That still leaves the questions of who would the contacts be, what would be the level range, and what would be the focus of those TFs. (Also, if blue side is Task Force and red side is Strike Force, then what would gold side be?)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "the" to "them".

• 6 months later

Or we could put the Praetorian task force in the first ward with the first two Praetors White and Sinclair.

White 20-25

Sinclair 25-30 and lastly

praetor Tilman 30-35 in Night Ward

It would help with progression beyond lvl 20 and you want to say in Praetoria.

• Thumbs Up 2