Why is Jurassik in Crey's Folley?

TheZag

The wiki says Jurassik was mutated by the chemicals in Crey's Folley and thats it,  no further information.  I was under the impression that Devouring Earth were made in those pods at the end of Eden trial,  not by chemicals.  So Jurassik was unique in that CF chemicals mutated him or he was a regular DE originally and was made stronger by the chemicals of CF.  Im inclined to believe it was the latter.

Either way makes Crey's Folley an area of importance for DE and they seem to largely ignore the area.  There are some groups of DE in the area but its hardly a presence compared to what is found in Eden.  I would expect hordes of DE to be collecting these chemicals to enhance their army.  These chemicals seem to be the reason that the DE has so many monster class enemies to begin with - on monster island and peregrine island as well as in the hive and abyss.

But Jurassik just stands around,  and the other DE in the zone arent collecting chemicals or preventing anyone from going near the chemical spill.  Are the DE only here because they are the the 'preserve the environment but in an evil way' enemy group?  I feel there is room for a bigger battle against the DE in Crey's Folley,  or am i looking at this all wrong?

32 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I was under the impression that Devouring Earth were made in those pods at the end of Eden trial,  not by chemicals.

The Devouring Earth are made by Hamidon, a sentient alien life form that believes that Humanity is a plague on Earth and needs to be eradicated. It uses humans and plant life to create its DE soldiers by transforming them into the various different aspects of creatures and Devoured.

Jurassik itself is essentially a Quarry (or possibly a Sentry) that has been extremely mutated by the chemical waters in Crey's Folly, and continues to live in the waters because of the mutative features. It was simply just another Hamidon creation that the ahem folly of man transformed into an even more viscous nightmare. It is intended to be a slightly ironic Giant Monster.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I would only add to the above statement that Jurassic seems to be of slightly higher intelligence than regular DE due to his ability to craft his weapon.

Also I’m pretty sure the Scientists who became the Hamidon Monster wasn’t an alien. He was Human.

• Thumbs Up 2

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

58 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

I would only add to the above statement that Jurassic seems to be of slightly higher intelligence than regular DE due to his ability to craft his weapon.

Also I’m pretty sure the Scientists who became the Hamidon Monster wasn’t an alien. He was Human.

Dr. Plasim something ??? His human avatar in the Praetorian dimension looked like Dexter from the Cartoon Network show too.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Dr. Plasim something ??? His human avatar in the Praetorian dimension looked like Dexter from the Cartoon Network show too.

Yes. Hamidon Pasalima.

11 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

It was simply just another Hamidon creation that the ahem folly of man transformed into an even more viscous nightmare.

No, no. Hamidon itself is the only viscous nightmare. The rest are merely vicious. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Of course the real reason is he is there because video game.  But DE also hate crey and when jurassic is unleashed on the zone... its nothing.  He could just as easily stand around in any number of zones.  Jurassik in creys folley *almost* has a purpose.

Ill turn it into a suggestion eventually and dtjunkie had the idea of where i was going

23 hours ago, dtjunkie said:

Sign me up for hordes of DE assaulting the Freakshow Shanty town in Crey's Folly

Its not exactly what im thinking but more DE that have a target was gonna be part of it.

3 hours ago, TheZag said:

Of course the real reason is he is there because video game.  But DE also hate crey and when jurassic is unleashed on the zone... its nothing.  He could just as easily stand around in any number of zones.  Jurassik in creys folley *almost* has a purpose.

Ill turn it into a suggestion eventually and dtjunkie had the idea of where i was going

Its not exactly what im thinking but more DE that have a target was gonna be part of it.

See you were thinking storylines I was thinking Man I want to see Freak Tanks punching Greater Devoured.

• Thumbs Up 2