I would love a mash up of powers options

plainguy

Basically where you can pick any power from any AT for that Tier but then it excludes all the other Tier powers from that level. Of course make any exceptions as needed. 

Do this for Primary and Secondary and even Power Pools. 

EG 
Tier 1 whip from demon summoning 
Tier 2 Buckshot from Assault Rifle 
Tier 3 Typhoons Edge from Dual Blades.. 
ETC.. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I wonder how many Caltrops I could take this way...  🤔

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

18 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I wonder how many Caltrops I could take this way...  🤔

There was a teaming project/villain group RO had going for a bit.  About the only group requirement was you had to have caltrops.  The vast majority joining the insanity were Ninja/Traps Masterminds.   Absolutely crazy amounts of caltrops were dropped particularly after the Jounin joined the fun.  Made the Ninjas quite durable as most foes were running about slowly trying to get out of the enormous coverage of caltrops generated.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

There was a teaming project/villain group RO had going for a bit.  About the only group requirement was you had to have caltrops.  The vast majority joining the insanity were Ninja/Traps Masterminds.   Absolutely crazy amounts of caltrops were dropped particularly after the Jounin joined the fun.  Made the Ninjas quite durable as most foes were running about slowly trying to get out of the enormous coverage of caltrops generated.

screenshot_210625-10-28-11.thumb.jpg.c040c2da30f45e6438bc4510a86177e5.jpg

This is why I fight Knives.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:30 AM, Doc_Scorpion said:

No, thank you.  Down that path lies tankmages.  CoH doesn't need tankmages.

I didn't work out the whole semantics around this. 

I am sure they can workout the yes and no powers.  

Champions Online allows freeform power selection.  The end result was a lot of characters feeling "samey", since there are just some powers that are leagues above the others, if allowed to be taken in isolation of the AT or powerset they are a part of.  I can't imagine how you'd possibly balance this type of implementation.

Still, it's a fun thought experiment...