Yin TF and the page 5 power level changes

KaizenSoze

This is not a complaint thread. The opposite, I was having a blast today on kill most Yins with minimal difficulty of 2.

Elec/Ice blaster

I now have Thunderous Blast, Freezing touch, and Frozen aura available.

+3 Yin 29 mins, pulled most of the side rooms in the last mission 

Fortunata

Psychic wail and Aura of Confusion are available, but I had to push confuse to level 32 to get it all to work

+2 Yin 35 mins. Much lower damage team, but pulled all the side rooms. Being able to alternate Psychic Wail and Aura of Confusion was a lot of fun. Funnest combo, Aim->Psychic Tornado->Follow up->Psychic Wail

Next up:

Ninja/Trick Arrow Mastermind - will get last upgrade, oil slick arrow

Bane - Crowd control is the only really useful power to pull to 30.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Went through that on my fire/trick arrow corr

There was a grav dom who popped the computers while the ambush was coming.  wormholed AV group onto the ambush group in that little choke point where my glue, oil, disruption and damn that was fun

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Next up - all powers available from level 1, because it's still not fast enough.  Including incarnates.

as long as they did that in another game mode or something

like old galaxy city constantly spawning enemies that we can just log on a level1 fully enhanced and gtg

cant leave galaxy tho

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brutal Justice said:

So now you have to crank it to +3 and pull the entire map to have fun.  While the level appropriate toons are dead/ineffective.  Sounds like confirmation of our fears.  

According to whom? I've run 2 Yins recently and did not see any reason to cry that the sky is falling the way some of y'all have been since the beta. Yes, I know, anecdotal and only a couple of runs so far, but, at least so far on Everlasting, it wasn't some doom and gloom thing and both runs (one at +2 and one at default) ran in about the same time as Yin usually seems to take.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, Brutal Justice said:

So now you have to crank it to +3 and pull the entire map to have fun.  While the level appropriate toons are dead/ineffective.  Sounds like confirmation of our fears.  

Completely wrong interpretation of my comments. What I am saying is it possible to due +2-3 Yin faster and with more fun, because of the extra powers. Otherwise, +3 can be tedious without the extra powers in a PUG.

I am capable of having fun with any level Yin. Please, take your doom and gloom to another thread.

• Like 8

I’m yet to try any Yins because I haven’t had a chance to look at a rough build with the new power changes. Jealous!

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

5 hours ago, Brutal Justice said:

And yet still saw a bunch die on a +2 when they clicked computers early 😛

Loved having my Water/SR Sentinel softcapped for Yin.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

And yet still saw a bunch die on a +2 when they clicked computers early 😛

In telco speak that is a Plant Operator Error (POE).  Otherwise known as a procedural screwup, resume-generating event, or "teachable moment".  🙂

• Haha 5

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

15 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Sentinel Super Reflexes really needed the new power order. No AoE defense until level 35 is tough.

You can get those two AOE defense powers much earlier now.

Secondary Sets (non-Epic ATs)

• Tier 2 powers moved from level 2 to level 1 (character creation)
  • Tier 7 powers moved from level 28 to level 24
  • Tier 8 powers moved from level 35 to level 28
  • Tier 9 powers moved from level 38 to level 30

11 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

You can get those two AOE defense powers much earlier now.

Secondary Sets (non-Epic ATs)

• Tier 2 powers moved from level 2 to level 1 (character creation)
  • Tier 7 powers moved from level 28 to level 24
  • Tier 8 powers moved from level 35 to level 28
  • Tier 9 powers moved from level 38 to level 30

Unless you're talking about Elude, there's just the one. Sentinel Super Reflexes seems to be based on Stalker Super Reflexes (mostly) with hide swapped out for an endurance recovery power. But for Stalkers, Lucky got rolled into Evasion. That's why Evasion's AoE defense is about 7% higher than Focused Fighting and Focused Reflexes.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Unless you're talking about Elude, there's just the one. Sentinel Super Reflexes seems to be based on Stalker Super Reflexes (mostly) with hide swapped out for an endurance recovery power. But for Stalkers, Lucky got rolled into Evasion. That's why Evasion's AoE defense is about 7% higher than Focused Fighting and Focused Reflexes.

You're right about Elude, but you can still get Evasion at 28 now.

On 10/24/2022 at 6:26 PM, kelika2 said:

as long as they did that in another game mode or something

like old galaxy city constantly spawning enemies that we can just log on a level1 fully enhanced and gtg

cant leave galaxy tho

I mean... that's kinda just th beta server, isnt it? Functionally speaking?

Resident certified baby

Don't mind Greycat's post, he's been on the "This is what's next" train despite HC not giving any indication that it is what's next.

That being said, neat info! Thanks Kaiser.

• Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

14 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

In telco speak that is a Plant Operator Error (POE).  Otherwise known as a procedural screwup, resume-generating event, or "teachable moment".  🙂

Yup. Ranks right there with Pos1's, "Hey, guys, don't head to the City Hall doors, until...oh, never mind..." (though I see a lot less of the Yin error, since you actually have to activate the computers, rather than just hop on the top of the steps).

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

44 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Yup. Ranks right there with Pos1's, "Hey, guys, don't head to the City Hall doors, until...oh, never mind..." (though I see a lot less of the Yin error, since you actually have to activate the computers, rather than just hop on the top of the steps).

Yes, that Pos 1 ambush is a really tricky ambush. Starts with the door, but then could come from behind. Since, it's a wide open area it's much harder to group them up or hide from attacks.

I love it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Yes, that Pos 1 ambush is a really tricky ambush. Starts with the door, but then could come from behind. Since, it's a wide open area it's much harder to group them up or hide from attacks.

I love it.

Plus you can sometimes get add-ins from the side, or front of steps groups. Can't they also follow you inside? I seem to recall having fights right inside the doors (or maybe that was when we yanked the inner mobs toward us, like the idiots we are).:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Two slower runs, but both builds are mostly SOs, except a few IOs.

Huntsbane, changes allow you to have one set of pets. +3, 37 mins. It was a good, but lower damage team.

Sentinel Archery/Ninja, +2, 32 mins. The pullers were all over the place, which led to some unnecessary deaths and the team was a bit low damage. I think we had a lot of sub-25s in the team. Good group, just a bit slow.

Still +2-3 is the new sweet spot for speed vs exp now.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 2

Last update. I joined a 0x8 kill most PUG with my respec'ed elec/ice blaster.

Took 20 mins, no side rooms. So, a few minutes faster than a normal 0 kill most, but not ridiculous.

Being able to wipe out 80% of every second or third spawn with my nuke did speed things up a bit.

On 10/26/2022 at 11:35 AM, cranebump said:

Plus you can sometimes get add-ins from the side, or front of steps groups. Can't they also follow you inside? I seem to recall having fights right inside the doors (or maybe that was when we yanked the inner mobs toward us, like the idiots we are).:-)

Maybe you are thinking about the 2 groups right inside the door.  One to left and one straight ahead.  I've never had any follow me inside, plus you can't go in until after the ambush is done.

• Thumbs Up 1