Sanity Check

roleki

Can neither confirm nor deny your sanity but the descriptions were added sometime after shutdown. Not sure when or by which team.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I recall always taking magic origin back in the day because it was easier for me to tell by the icons what they did.  Look for the lightning bolt for damage and the alien face for endurance reduction while the names gave a decent hint to the effects.   Compared to wetware inc cybermatron monicle of hero booster tech gadget wizardry,  ill go with fury of joule.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I recall always taking magic origin back in the day because it was easier for me to tell by the icons what they did.  Look for the lightning bolt for damage and the alien face for endurance reduction while the names gave a decent hint to the effects.   Compared to wetware inc cybermatron monicle of hero booster tech gadget wizardry,  ill go with fury of joule.

This was why all of my characters were either Magic or Mutation. Mutation SOs were pretty straightforward as well.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

You are not crazy - things were unnecessarily complex in another time in a universe long, long ago. 

I had a word document(s) for the origin, name and purpose to figure that out.   I think locating the stores was a chore in the early days. I know I spent hard earned influence on the wrong character and was pretty s.o.l. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

4 hours ago, starro said:

You are not crazy - things were unnecessarily complex in another time in a universe long, long ago. 

I had a word document(s) for the origin, name and purpose to figure that out.   I think locating the stores was a chore in the early days. I know I spent hard earned influence on the wrong character and was pretty s.o.l. 

Chore is a potential understatement.  The npc vendors weren't on the ingame maps at all.  My friend's Blaster tried to hit the debt cap (a not particularly novel thing itself in those days particularly for Blasters) trying to find Agent Six, the Natural store vendor, as the Snipers kept nailing him as he hunted around looking for him unaware his position was under the roadway, not on the surface.

• Haha 1

This is the reason all of my characters ended up Magic Origin, it was the only SO set that had clear visual colors to identify the enhancements and I didn't have to guess what I was buying or what drops I was getting. Even from an RP standpoint I just Deus Ex'd all reason out the window for why they were "Magic" Origin.

8 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Chore is a potential understatement.  The npc vendors weren't on the ingame maps at all.  My friend's Blaster tried to hit the debt cap (a not particularly novel thing itself in those days particularly for Blasters) trying to find Agent Six, the Natural store vendor, as the Snipers kept nailing him as he hunted around looking for him unaware his position was under the roadway, not on the surface.

Omg I was going to mention that too.  There used to be pay sites to get game maps.  Founders would pick off a wayward level 20 who wandered too far from the tram. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

• 3 weeks later