2022 Holiday Badge - MIA

MWRuger

OK, maybe I missed it. Along with no dev announcement that the event is live. No Holiday Badge for 2022?

Every other year, you long in, you get the badge. Do we need to do something different this year, if so what?

I will feel like the Grinch stole my holiday without a shiny, new badge. Help a badger out!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There was also no announcement, either ingame nor here, just on Discord I was told.  Does seem sort of haphazard somehow.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

I got the popup that father time needed my help.  Is there some other ingame announcement we needed?

Or seeing all the presents abound, or the Winter Lord spawns, or the Winter Event being active in the LFG tab, or going to Atlas Park and seeing the snow, or going to Pocket D and seeing all the broadcasts for Snaptooth, or... well that's all I could think of off the top of my head, but I think for anyone who has played the game since 2004, they are aware of the Winter Event. And can you imagine the excitement of seeing all of this for the first time if you were a new player!?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I'm happy with the event going live, I don't need an announcement or even a badge, however I'm mildly saddened that they didn't turn on what was a Homecoming exclusive as far as I know: my Gravity Controller's Propel doesn't throw presents as has happened in previous years. 

That was the awesomest. I miss knocking foes down with big shiny wrapped gift boxes. Take that, naughty foes! 

My Yuletime toon Missus Claus has a sad.

screenshot_221213-08-24-59.png

• Sad 3

Use your candy canes and buy all the old badges...that ought to fill your stockings.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I think it's kind of interesting that the License to Chill badge is granted for characters logging on this event who did not log on during winter event 2021. So technically License to Chill is also the 2022 log-on badge for the event, but only if you didn't already get it last year. It seems as if they just recycled the 2021 event log-on badge instead of creating a fresh one.

On 12/13/2022 at 4:43 AM, TheZag said:

I got the popup that father time needed my help.  Is there some other ingame announcement we needed?

I didn't see it at first.  What I saw was snow in Atlas.  I didn't see any presents at the time either.

Listen y'all, I know we like aurguing on the forums and lots of people to jump on "were was thew announcement?" posts, but a simple even-just two sentence forum post "it's open!", is that really such a ridiculous ask?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I didn't see it at first.  What I saw was snow in Atlas.  I didn't see any presents at the time either.

I noticed that as well that Atlas Park was wintery a couple of days before they turned on the event at server reset. 

I don't mind that Homecoming did not make a splash screen announcement like they did for Halloween event. I'm grateful for everything they do. It seems that this year they focused their time on the other event, even adding five new badges, while winter event has the recycled login badge and nothing new. I don't care, I am having fun getting all the badges on my new characters!

• Thumbs Up 1

I would think recycling a previous year Winter Event announcement would happen, however the HC volunteers may be getting a much-needed rest after a busy 2022. 

The old gristle veterans like me come to expect the Winter Event, but it is always good to share game events for the newer players

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

They could have posted an announcement weeks ago, "it all goes live on Dec XXth".

• Thumbs Up 1

Go have fun!