market variations

Snarky

29 minutes ago, Herotu said:

You're welcome 🙂 I usually did 10 of each enhancement in one set (60) at a time.

... still got a bunch of stuff on one of my characters ... yes, all 112 are Hecatombs. Anybody want a set? Post your global.

I mean if you're offering @Lemming, currently outfitting one of my chars with that.  (Though I'm also pretty sure if I went thru my parked chars, I'd find enough purples...)

55 minutes ago, Herotu said:

You're welcome 🙂 I usually did 10 of each enhancement in one set (60) at a time.

I can see the merits in doing a full set at a time.

55 minutes ago, Herotu said:

... still got a bunch of stuff on one of my characters ... yes, all 112 are Hecatombs. Anybody want a set? Post your global.

*faint*

The sad thing is in none of my many melee character builds does Hecatomb play a part. 🙁

I actually suspect some of the odd common and uncommon salvage price surges and drops are because someone found out about the revival of CoH on Homecoming, came back to the game, and tried to make money the way they used to, say by flipping Luck Charms.  It was not at all obvious to me when I first started playing on Homecoming that salvage is now automagically interconverted on the market, making it essentially impossible to pursue this strategy.  

25 minutes ago, Scientist said:

suspect some of the odd common and uncommon salvage price surges and drops are because someone found out about the revival of CoH on Homecoming, came back to the game, and tried to make money the way they used to

As someone who recently found out about Homecoming and started up, I can safely say one of the first things I thought of was "crap, what was it I used to do to make money? I know I'm going to need some Inf to get enhancements..."

Then a guy running past me dropped a million inf on me, without a word. Then I went to the Freedom Corps salesgirl and noticed Level 5 SO's for sale. Then I went to Wentworth's and noticed there was 10 million+ of everything in stock.

If somebody new isn't noticing "this ain't your grandpa's CoH", it's not because the clues aren't there.

(Which doesn't invalidate your hypothesis of course, but makes it less likely or confined to only the truly un-observant.)

Edited by Wyldkard

On 1/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, Scientist said:

I actually suspect some of the odd common and uncommon salvage price surges and drops are because someone found out about the revival of CoH on Homecoming, came back to the game, and tried to make money the way they used to, say by flipping Luck Charms.  It was not at all obvious to me when I first started playing on Homecoming that salvage is now automagically interconverted on the market, making it essentially impossible to pursue this strategy.  

I can almost believe this, but for the December 2022 level of activity, this hypothetical person had to have a some (but by no measure extreme) amount of inf (roughly 15 MInf by my estimate) to sink into this effort. To have gotten to the point where a homecoming player had enough inf (and auction house slots!) to try to buy 20K worth of common salvage seems to have really high levels of ignorance about how the Homecoming system works. It's not impossible, but it would take a LOT of tunnel vision, stubbornness, and ignorance to get to such a point, IMO.

On 1/5/2023 at 2:23 PM, Snarky said:

and still no one has bought this last Perf Shifter.  Now selling for 550k to 2mil.  

glad everyone is getting these.

Who the F is flooding the market lolololololol

This last perf shifter still has not sold.  Sales prices at 755k, 2mil, 2,5mil, 2.5mil, 4mil.

Now, again, I sold 150? of these for 3.7mil+ a month ago.  Now they are not worth converting to.

Dude, somebody saw your post on this and tossed 200 of them on the market for 100 inf each.

Why? Heck, why not? You can get forum entertainment on your phone while on the train to work.

As Yomo said, if yours isn't selling, it's likely just not the lowest offer.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

This last perf shifter still has not sold.  Sales prices at 755k, 2mil, 2,5mil, 2.5mil, 4mil.

Now, again, I sold 150? of these for 3.7mil+ a month ago.  Now they are not worth converting to.

It's probably "stuck".  It happens from time to time, something listed just doesn't move, no matter how long it's there.  I've had LotG IOs get "stuck" for months, even with prices well below the standard.  Take it out, mail it to an alt and stick it back in.

Oh, don't forget to jiggle it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

20 hours ago, Luminara said:

It's probably "stuck".  It happens from time to time, something listed just doesn't move, no matter how long it's there.  I've had LotG IOs get "stuck" for months, even with prices well below the standard.  Take it out, mail it to an alt and stick it back in.

Oh, don't forget to jiggle it.

Try a little WD-40.  If that's not available, use goose fat.

Who run Bartertown?

On 1/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, DoctorHugh said:

As Yomo said, if yours isn't selling, it's likely just not the lowest offer.

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.