market variations

Snarky

55 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Seriously, the market is FUBAR.

I just struggled through placing about (guestimate) 400 I/Os on the market.  One of the ones I converted to was old reliable Performance Shifter +End, which I sold probably 100-150 at 3.5-4 mil.  Idid this in about a week, grindy but steady.

The last one has been sitting on the market for 3 days.  Prices on the item are 2m, 2.1m, 7m, 2m, 2m.....

WTF?

Yeah, I totally don't get why flooding the market with an item would cause the price to drop either.  It must be sorcery!  A FUCKING WIZARD DID IT!

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

47 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Yeah, I totally don't get why flooding the market with an item would cause the price to drop either.  It must be sorcery!  A FUCKING WIZARD DID IT!

But that is the weirdest part.  I sold them like hotcakes for a week at nearly 4mil a pop each.  sometimes more.  Now.  one left.  no one wants it.  For days.  WTF

Edited by Snarky

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Seriously, the market is FUBAR.

I just struggled through placing about (guestimate) 400 I/Os on the market.  One of the ones I converted to was old reliable Performance Shifter +End, which I sold probably 100-150 at 3.5-4 mil.  Idid this in about a week, grindy but steady.

The last one has been sitting on the market for 3 days.  Prices on the item are 2m, 2.1m, 7m, 2m, 2m.....

WTF?

If you listed it under 2mm, then I'd put in a bug ticket.  Otherwise, you clearly are not the lowest offer.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

I've made billions without really trying hard. You need a quite a few millions to really get going, but my secret was purple IO recipes. Just make them and sell the IOs. The profits are enormous. You spend about 1.5m for the salvage and (now) only around 6m for the recipe (down from around 12-15m). Sell at 15m, profit is 7.5m. Huge. Back in the day we were buying recipes for 12-15m, and would sell the IOs at 20-22m, so the profit was about the same). That's PER IO. Do that a lot, and you're billionaire. Welcome to my world, I shouldn't have said anything, I'm an idiot, but the longer I make this paragraph, the more people will just TL;DR it and I'll be safe, safe with my billions, all huddled up like Scrooge McDuck burning pretend money to keep virtually warm. Lovely. I've still got tonnes of IOs on the market at 20+m from a couple of years ago. My advice is if you want to be rich, forget the cheap-and-fast stuff, go straight to the top and start shifting luxury units - rich people aren't necessarily smart people, no matter what american culture tells you, Mr Trumpet.

TL;DR nothing to see here, move along.

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

31 minutes ago, Herotu said:

I've made billions without really trying hard. You need a quite a few millions to really get going, but my secret was purple IO recipes. Just make them and sell the IOs. The profits are enormous. You spend about 1.5m for the salvage and (now) only around 6m for the recipe (down from around 12-15m). Sell at 15m, profit is 7.5m. Huge. Back in the day we were buying recipes for 12-15m, and would sell the IOs at 20-22m, so the profit was about the same). That's PER IO. Do that a lot, and you're billionaire. Welcome to my world, I shouldn't have said anything, I'm an idiot, but the longer I make this paragraph, the more people will just TL;DR it and I'll be safe, safe with my billions, all huddled up like Scrooge McDuck burning pretend money to keep virtually warm. Lovely. I've still got tonnes of IOs on the market at 20+m from a couple of years ago. My advice is if you want to be rich, forget the cheap-and-fast stuff, go straight to the top and start shifting luxury units - rich people aren't necessarily smart people, no matter what american culture tells you, Mr Trumpet.

TL;DR nothing to see here, move along.

You know I never thought to use purps.

My thing was boosters. It's like gold in the RL stock market; usually safe, not too terribly wild swings, so profits aren't always insane, but I've made 800mil-1.5 bil off of doing this in several instances. It does require you to play the new 50 for a considerable amount of time to get the RM necessary(not play religiously, just over say...a month or 2? leisurely, ofc.), which, speaking as someone with chronic altitis, can be VERY difficult to do 😅

And then I coast off the billions until I eventually need to do it again after bankrupting my account due to excessively expensive builds >.>

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

21 minutes ago, Herotu said:

I've made billions without really trying hard. You need a quite a few millions to really get going, but my secret was purple IO recipes. Just make them and sell the IOs. The profits are enormous. You spend about 1.5m for the salvage and (now) only around 6m for the recipe (down from around 12-15m). Sell at 15m, profit is 7.5m. Huge. Back in the day we were buying recipes for 12-15m, and would sell the IOs at 20-22m, so the profit was about the same). That's PER IO. Do that a lot, and you're billionaire.

1 billion/ 7.5 million = 133 IOs sold...well, you did say do that a lot.

Hmmm...checking the market right now there are a total of 29 Hecatomb recipes for sell, most running at 3 million or so in recent sell price. The finished product is typically in the 12-14 million range.

To cut down on the tedium make 4-5 IOs per day. Takes a month to reach 1 billion in profit but it was less tedious and less likely to perturb market prices to your detriment.

Seems like a legit strategy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Snarky said:

not one of my niches.  i always thought they swung too wildly

Probably true.  I don't really have a niche, I just sell stuff when I don't feel like storing it or while doing converter roulette, I will sometimes pop a enh that while it's not useful currently, I can usually then sell it and just buy the one that was my goal.  It's not the way to build up a huge stockpile of influence, but it tends to make a little profit and outfits an alt.  Slightly annoying right now in that more planning seems to be needed. 😉

This will probably all settle at some point, but I'm also not stressing about it either.  Plenty of in game projects to work on

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, lemming said:

Probably true.  I don't really have a niche, I just sell stuff when I don't feel like storing it or while doing converter roulette, I will sometimes pop a enh that while it's not useful currently, I can usually then sell it and just buy the one that was my goal.  It's not the way to build up a huge stockpile of influence, but it tends to make a little profit and outfits an alt.  Slightly annoying right now in that more planning seems to be needed. 😉

This will probably all settle at some point, but I'm also not stressing about it either.  Plenty of in game projects to work on

I will not be selling major again for a while.  So I can say my niches lol.  I convert all 25+ to rare, then roll until i get defense, resist, or end mod.  With goals of Unbreakable Guard (4of the 6 are good) Luck of the gambler global or Performance Shifter proc.  Below 25 uncommon. More fluid depends on level etc. Kismet Global, resist global defense, heal for procs end or health etc.  kinda varies on level of i/o and luck

3 hours ago, Herotu said:

rich people aren't necessarily smart people, no matter what american culture tells you

Forest Gump. When my dad saw that touching movie he blew up! Super angry. Took me a few moments to grasp why, but in essence the idea that luck and circumstance can play such a huge roll in wealth accumulation completely goes against the ideas of work ethic and that wealth is EARNED through hard work, intelligence, and talent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BlackSpectre said:

Forest Gump. When my dad saw that touching movie he blew up! Super angry. Took me a few moments to grasp why, but in essence the idea that luck and circumstance can play such a huge roll in wealth accumulation completely goes against the ideas of work ethic and that wealth is EARNED through hard work, intelligence, and talent. 

Life is like a igloo cooler filled with plasma bags

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I will not be selling major again for a while.  So I can say my niches lol.  I convert all 25+ to rare, then roll until i get defense, resist, or end mod.  With goals of Unbreakable Guard (4of the 6 are good) Luck of the gambler global or Performance Shifter proc.  Below 25 uncommon. More fluid depends on level etc. Kismet Global, resist global defense, heal for procs end or health etc.  kinda varies on level of i/o and luck

Hmm, so you say you are mass farming the market?

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

25 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Hmm, so you say you are mass farming the market?

More like lazy loading.  I collected all my recipes from alts and totalled 3-400.  So I crafted converted and dumped those last week.   Somewhere around 2 billion profit.  Converters were free from reward merits, recipes were free drops, a lot of rare salvage was stored from drops.  YMMV

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Hmmm...checking the market right now there are a total of 29 Hecatomb recipes for sell, most running at 3 million or so in recent sell price. The finished product is typically in the 12-14 million range.

To cut down on the tedium make 4-5 IOs per day. Takes a month to reach 1 billion in profit but it was less tedious and less likely to perturb market prices to your detriment.

If I'm crafting for a particular niche, I do everything in stacks of ten.  Bid for a stack of 10 of the recipes and all the salvage, then when I log in and find it's all filled, I craft all ten, put them on the market, and assuming the niche still looks viable, bid for more stacks of ten.  It keeps things simple.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 12/25/2022 at 6:55 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

I disagree.  This is temporary and transient.

I just logged in and prices for uncommon salvage are now 809, the price someone is buying a lot of salvage at.

Edited December 25, 2022 by Bionic_Flea

And now the price of common salvage is 10 . . . doooooooooooooooooooooooom!

17 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

And now the price of common salvage is 10 . . . doooooooooooooooooooooooom!

they only track (and that is a generous F-ing term) the last 5.  common moves a lot.  so if someone (like me) is crafting and bidding 5k per prices are "rising" if no one is bulk purchasing long term bidders bidding 10 inf get filled "prices are dropping"

On 12/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, Snarky said:

But that is the weirdest part.  I sold them like hotcakes for a week at nearly 4mil a pop each.  sometimes more.  Now.  one left.  no one wants it.  For days.  WTF

and still no one has bought this last Perf Shifter.  Now selling for 550k to 2mil.  

glad everyone is getting these.

Who the F is flooding the market lolololololol

On 12/29/2022 at 9:59 AM, Herotu said:

I've made billions without really trying hard. You need a quite a few millions to really get going, but my secret was purple IO recipes. Just make them and sell the IOs. The profits are enormous. You spend about 1.5m for the salvage and (now) only around 6m for the recipe (down from around 12-15m). Sell at 15m, profit is 7.5m.

On 12/29/2022 at 10:35 AM, Erratic1 said:

Seems like a legit strategy.

So gave it a whirl...

18,000,606 : purchased 6xUnbreakable Constraint: Hold/Endurance recipes

9,650,000 : cost for mats, two-thirds spent on oranges

76,000,000 : what the finished product sold for after listing at 85% of recent sales value (sold at the going rate despite lower listing)

49,000,000 : profit after 2-3 days listing on AH (apparently Holds do not move all that quickly but hey, I didn't do much work either).

I have enough influence lying around (and note, I consider myself impoverished) to, market willing, maintain a pipeline where every day I purchase 6 recipes and the requisite mats, make, and list so in theory it could be 49 million profit coming in every day. It would take about 3 weeks to get to a billion influence....

...more work than I can see myself doing but doable.

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

So gave it a whirl...

76,000,000 : what the finished product sold for after listing at 85% of recent sales value (sold at the going rate despite lower listing)

49,000,000 : profit after 2-3 days listing on AH (apparently Holds do not move all that quickly but hey, I didn't do much work either).

I have enough influence lying around (and note, I consider myself impoverished) to, market willing, maintain a pipeline where every day I purchase 6 recipes and the requisite mats, make, and list so in theory it could be 49 million profit coming in every day. It would take about 3 weeks to get to a billion influence....

I think you may have missed the crafting fee, which at 600k each is not nothing!

I have and still do deal in crafting purples, but as you say it's a lot of work.  I mean it's not back-breaking labor, but it's a pain to buy or store 5 different pieces of salvage per recipe.  As a rule, I only craft purples in bulk, minimum 10 of a specific recipe and that's a bare minimum.  I just hate the effort and the usage of market slots buying two Energy Weapons.  Yawn.  And I definitely don't do it every day, so yeah, someone(s) still making good inf out of this.

Who run Bartertown?

42 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I think you may have missed the crafting fee, which at 600k each is not nothing!

Included in the 9.6 million. I did have some mats on hand. I have a record of what the character's total Influence was at every step along the way. 🙂

4 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

So gave it a whirl...

You're welcome 🙂 I usually did 10 of each enhancement in one set (60) at a time.

... still got a bunch of stuff on one of my characters ... yes, all 112 are Hecatombs. Anybody want a set? Post your global.

image.thumb.png.3bc0a972049a76bbfe096f91ae321961.png

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.