The Seed of Hamidon

Ambidexter

Do folks ever do "The Seed of Hamidon" zone event in First Ward? I just recently played a solo-mode character through as much of the First Ward and Night Ward content as I could catch, as I left Live before Going Rogue happened, and it made me wonder about that zone event. I never see folks talking about it in any of the usual chat channels, like I do with GMs or real Hami raids. Maybe it's just too much work for the small reward?

It is a fair amount of work for a small reward.  The smallest team ive done it with is 5 although less is possible.  Many people think it takes a league so they dont bother but a team of 8 is fine.  The most ive brought is 21 people i think.  There is 2 badges and a few merits and generally not much interest since the reward is so small.

• Like 2

The Seed of Hamidon has been soloed, although I don't recommend it.

Yeah, it doesn't take as many people as people think it does.  You can do it with three or more Incarnated out level 50 characters (preferably with debuffs), but people think that it requires a league and don't want to take the trouble forming it for the little rewards it offers.

• Like 1

I have done it a few times. About six if us from Cosmic Council did it two weeks ago. Most were on level 20s SO enhanced toons. Two of us got pissed and got our incarnate 50s and that is what turned the tide lol.  

The true reward is the badge if course.   

• Thumbs Up 1

If I remember correctly, defeating the Seed of Hamidon grants a unique temporary power that lasts for 30 minutes and gives the player +15% xp/inf. Is it stackable? Is it possible to stack? Double XP + Street Sweeping + that extra 15% is nice! (Or the next time the HC team run one of those x5 xp/inf or x10 xp/inf type events!)

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I’ve done it twice. The first time I did it with a team of 4 on my badge toon.

The other time I only remember because it is only the second time I’ve recognised someone from the forums, as I think @Ukase was there (the only other time I’ve seen a forum person was with @Snarky’s brute on a PuG).

Edited by Xiddo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

I think I've done Seed of Hamidon probably once. I needed it for the badges, so I looked up a guide and solo'd it on a Staff/SR scrapper. It's more annoying than it is challenging. Pitiful amount of merits, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

As with anything else in the game: if you put out the call, they will come.  Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 12/30/2022 at 10:19 AM, Glacier Peak said:

If I remember correctly, defeating the Seed of Hamidon grants a unique temporary power that lasts for 30 minutes and gives the player +15% xp/inf. Is it stackable? Is it possible to stack? Double XP + Street Sweeping + that extra 15% is nice! (Or the next time the HC team run one of those x5 xp/inf or x10 xp/inf type events!)

It does stack with the P2W EXP modifier (it's additive, so you get 115% extra EXP with the 2x mod and this power), and interestingly the Inf bonus also works, allowing you to earn some Inf even while you're not supposed to get any.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.