The Biggest Damage in the Game ?

TheZag

Back on Live during the beta for Inventions, the 'Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Energy Damage' proc was bugged. When it went off, it didn't do negative energy damage, it did negative damage, healing your target. The devs fixed this, but went a bit overboard in the other direction, turning the proc into "Touch of Lady Grey: Chance to One-Shot" -- when it went off, it did an absolutely absurd amount of damage. Curious, I took the character I'd slotted it into out to Crey's Folly when I saw the notification that Jurassik had spawned, and opened up with the attack that had it slotted... doing 6.481e+13 points of damage. Later discussion in /general and on the forums revealed that my hit wasn't the biggest that players had gotten from the rebugged proc, and I don't know what the maximum actually was.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Although more than 10^13 points of damage may be the biggest single hit in the game, it was the result of a gross bug during beta, not in the regular run of the game, so I will argue that while it shows the limits of what the game can be forced to do (and I was amused to see that the game would transition seamlessly into scientific notation if the numbers got big enough), it's not part of the game as released to the public, so it doesn't really count.

Heh.

I do know the Steel Canyon fires - at least the explosion - hits with (as I recall) three ticks of "Yes, you ARE dead, no you are NOT resisting this" damage.

There are also spots you can stand in occasionally that just ignore the boom. I've had it explode and just miss me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

33 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Heh.

I do know the Steel Canyon fires - at least the explosion - hits with (as I recall) three ticks of "Yes, you ARE dead, no you are NOT resisting this" damage.

There are also spots you can stand in occasionally that just ignore the boom. I've had it explode and just miss me.

They probably still make a to-hit roll, so in any given explosion there'll be a bunch of regular citizens standing around not even singed and wondering if they're the next Ajax.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak