I'm sure we all wish we could do this to Dietrich.

[22:12] [NPC] Captain Dietrich: I did not need your assistance.

[22:12] Dora The Death Doll pushes her back towards Rikti Captor.

[22:12] Dora The Death Doll: Fine. Have fun with the Rikti.

[22:13] [NPC] Captain Dietrich: What?! NOOOOOO!!!!!

[22:13] [NPC] Rikti Captor: Villain: Strange.

I tend to just autocomplete rescuing them. Of the three, the generic Longbow grunt is the least annoying.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:07 PM, Major_Decoy said:

No. Captain Dietrich doesn't bother me at all. A general that runs into melee to smack Ritki with his pistol?

Well, he's less annoying now that him getting defeated doesn't result in mission failure.

*her
Her full name is Wilhelmina Marlena Dietrich.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

This is where I'm glad I can teleport.  I skip the rescue mobs, clear the mission, then go back and get all three of 'em, taking care to run away from them really fast after the rescue so that they stop following me.  This is also how I bear with Serpent Drummer's second mission.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:07 PM, Major_Decoy said:

A general that runs into melee to smack Ritki with his pistol?

Yes, and it always goes so well with the General, I can usually finish a mission without the rescues getting killed, but he has a death wish. Deitrich is just annoyingly over-confident and dismissive.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

No?

I find the tone of this basic premise unfunny and concerning. Metaphorically feeding a woman to the sharks simply because she is somehow annoying in her efficiency and manner. Whilst I don't particularly like how she is portrayed - officious and pompous - it seems to imply that violence against women (which is a very real problem both in and out of gaming) is permissible and funny. It isn't and I wanted to make the point that this post seems to reinforce attitudes that think it's ok.

• Haha 1

Sometimes, even to live is an act of Courage

Seneca