So apparently Homecoming is only the 7th most popular server

Venture

/coxg/ "we're not homecoming i guess"

Well at least we're notable enough to be a joke reference for 4chan's version of City of Heroes, I guess?

I heard /coxg/ was powered entirely by salt.

If the /coxg/ server is the same population ratio of 4chan then it's comprised 25% of trolls, 25% of drama queens, and 50% of 12 years old pretending they're 18+ to post there.

Yeah, as for the secret server... I was just pissed that I wasn't invited...  :'(

.......were COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY drowned out by the feeling of excitement, nostalgia, and joy of being able to play again........

The instant I heard 'Atlas Park' theme, less I could not care about being on the private server......it was back, I could soar again!

/coxg/ "we're not homecoming i guess"

Well at least we're notable enough to be a joke reference for 4chan's version of City of Heroes, I guess?

I heard /coxg/ was powered entirely by salt.

If the /coxg/ server is the same population ratio of 4chan then it's comprised 25% of trolls, 25% of drama queens, and 50% of 12 years old pretending they're 18+ to post there.

I read this but all I see is three different kinds of

salt-refresh-1260x800.png

I saw that post when it was first mentioned and even back then it read like a pissing contest that hadn't handed out all the invites yet.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I am on the 4-Chan Discord, and one of the derogatory comments I find amusing is how the "LEO-IZED" I25 code has powersets that were never supposed to exist, and imply what an abomination that makes the whole thing. 

If we went by that thinking, ever new powerset introduction, and power proliferation done since Issue 1 would be viewed in the same light.  The game evolved a little in the 7 years that it was running in the SCORE environment, and I personally believe that we have all benefited greatly from those changes, and the existence of the SCORE server itself.  Without that, we absolutely would not have our game back at this moment.  I'm not sure why I stay associated to that Discord, when it seethes with hatred for Homecoming, and Leo in particular.  I guess because I believe you can't just ignore opposing views.  Best to know what they are, so you can make informed decisions on why you don't believe as they do.

What was no more, is REBORN!

I am on the 4-Chan Discord, and one of the derogatory comments I find amusing is how the "LEO-IZED" I25 code has powersets that were never supposed to exist, and imply what an abomination that makes the whole thing. 

If we went by that thinking, ever new powerset introduction, and power proliferation done since Issue 1 would be viewed in the same light.  The game evolved a little in the 7 years that it was running in the SCORE environment, and I personally believe that we have all benefited greatly from those changes, and the existence of the SCORE server itself.  Without that, we absolutely would not have our game back at this moment.  I'm not sure why I stay associated to that Discord, when it seethes with hatred for Homecoming, and Leo in particular.  I guess because I believe you can't just ignore opposing views.  Best to know what they are, so you can make informed decisions on why you don't believe as they do.

Well to be fair, it's probably the same people who raised holy hell every time the original dev's breathed when the game was live...

I think the SCoRE version of the game is great...Change is part of City of Heroes...23 issues in 8 years?  And most of those issues are still bigger than all the stuff that SCoRE has done combined...

And what's great, is that they have really allowed for 2 different styles of gamers here

1.) Casual Gamer like me, who wants to run missions, team up occasionally, and I'll get to whatever level I get to when I get there

2.) I want to level now - give me DFB and Double XP boosts...

Keep up the good work HC and SCoRE...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Everything "new" was all set out in the code, waypoints if you will for future stuff, people just complain for the sake of it, you could give everyone a solid gold Ferrari and some would still complain you set the radio to the wrong channel.

I have seen less of this lately, but I too have seen straight up lies and misinformation, like the ranting about this codebase being somehow magically 'dead-end' when code does not quite work that way. :)

I believe this was actually true for a moment.

When HC first launched, or around the same time. AFAIK all they had were the binaries. not the source code. IE, they had what they needed to run the servers, but no way to edit the actual code because it was already compiled. But now that Leo is sharing/or released the source code, all is good.

Now, I could be grossly mistaken though. So much was happening at once, I was having a hard time keeping tabs on it all.

HC is now essentially the "Big Guy". And people love dogging on the "Big Guys". Haters gonna hate.

Just more reddit server circle jerking.

There are some people there trying as hard as they can to prove homecoming is bad,all because they weren't invited to the super secret club.

Well neither was I, and homecoming is awesome. And theres no server / mod drama shutting servers down.

Just more reddit server circle jerking.

There are some people there trying as hard as they can to prove homecoming is bad,all because they weren't invited to the super secret club.

Well neither was I, and homecoming is awesome. And theres no server / mod drama shutting servers down.

Amen, they need to give it a rest and enjoy the game. Every minute they waste bitching about SCORE is a minute they aren't playing CoH!

Amen, they need to give it a rest and enjoy the game. Every minute they waste bitching about SCORE is a minute they aren't playing CoH!

The really pitiful part is the big stick they try to use is that i25 is somehow Evil because it lowered the Protestant Work Ethic Quota needed to become Incarnate and gain IOs and everything added past Live is 'broken'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I mean literally, they they to make us feel Protestant Work Ethic _guilt_ because those of us using i25, we are now, somehow, not having to _work_ _hard_ _enough_ in the video game makes us Evil, young and lazy (I am 51), disrepectful to the IP, greedy, the character DB is 'unsafe', every single powerset proliferated after Live is OP, and the HC devs are going to nerf everything into the ground.

And all we do is run DFBs and Power Levelling in the AE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I had never heard about it until yesterday, so when I did, I voted for Homecoming.  I'm sure many others playing here had not heard about it either.  It seems like something intentionally designed to make it look like Homecoming is actually the least popular, to persuade new players who wouldn't know better to go other servers instead.  If so, I don't care for the tactic, and hopefully anyone who falls for it will realize the truth fairly quick.

Just think...just a few short weeks ago, all of us were just wishing ONE server would appear and we could play again...now it has progressed to servers popping up all over the place and dirty tactics to get people to their servers...good times

The Original Hangover since the early 90's...this asks for your birth date...WHAT you NEED a birth date? I don't know mine..forgot it, gave mine away years ago um No thanks...do not need a new one.