A Claws Scrapper

smnolimits42

Claws is a fairly solid Scrapper set.

However, in picking secondaries for a Scrapper I tend to confine myself to one of four options: Bio, Energy, Radiation and Shield.

Claws can't be used with Shield. Radiation is problematic on a Scrapper because it is an entirely resist-based set. This makes slotting 5 LotG difficult and it doesn't provide nearly the durability as it would on Brutes/Tankers with their 90% resist cap.

Bio is commonly used to boost offense for Scrappers, but I'd probably favor Energy here. Energy has more generally balanced defenses than Bio and the huge boost to recharge in crowds makes Spin truly devastating.

I have a claws/ninjitsu that's very fun and nin is not commonly played IMO. Lets you go with a natural or tech origin if you want, has some fun powers and you can make like a classic ninja, or like a slightly armored more techy kinda ninja. pretty fun combo IMO.

Edited by Greldek

22 hours ago, smnolimits42 said:

I need some ideas for a Claws Scrapper.  I don't want a direct rip off of Wolverine.

I'm very partial to radiation armor.  It's tough and has some great utility powers in there.  If you want to be a bit more sneaky, ninjutsu can work well, too.  Energy Aura is no slouch, either, (though I prefer that one on Stalkers).  I also tend to go with the single blade or energy blade claws weapon models, do be a bit more distinct from Wolvie.  Cheers!

7 hours ago, BrandX said:

Claws/Stone

Scrappers can be Claws/Stone combo.  Brutes and Tankers can not.

You'll have a fun combo 🙂

Great reason to run this combo. Plus… it is stupidly tough while dishing out a ton of damage. Only negative to me is it’s lack of a taunt aura.

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Doesn't mud pots serve that function?

23 minutes ago, BrandX said:

No taunt component and the slow of mud pots doesn't slow them enough, even with slow enhancement.

Yeah I believe @SomeGuyand @BrandX tested the slow enhance option, but it didn’t pan out. I get it I guess, since it’s almost as if it’d have EVERYTHING if it did.

I think it only really matters a ton if you plan on soloing a lot. If you primarily team, it’s not a huge deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2023 at 5:30 PM, StriderIV said:

Yeah I believe @SomeGuyand @BrandX tested the slow enhance option, but it didn’t pan out. I get it I guess, since it’s almost as if it’d have EVERYTHING if it did.

I think it only really matters a ton if you plan on soloing a lot. If you primarily team, it’s not a huge deal.

I didn't try the Slow enhancement to it. I toyed with the idea and realized it wouldn't matter with the extreme amount of runners I was getting with the cmbo I had (Rad Melee paired with it). It was great single target, but solo-ing was impossibly frustrating. And I solo. A lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Thrax said:

I have a claws/rad it’s pretty fun. Fairly durable. I’ve had two rad scrappers and both tough. Other is elec and I just can’t stand elec. 

Got one myself!

Claws is addicterrific

Elec I do not find much fun at all

Uxm140.png

I guess Wendigo is more of a tank

and maybe more savage at any rate

5db5b9b8bedc04a95d4972bca8effdd3.jpg

I guess Sabretooth is more a tank as well

but more debatable if he is savage versus claws

71QTMB-PUSL.jpg

Vega? Definitely a claws scrapper.

TWolf1.jpg

Timber Wolf?

Definitely a scrapper, but maybe more savage?

maxresdefault.jpg

Black Panther is definitely a claws scrapper.

198075.jpg

I think Hellcat is more claws than savage as well.

Catwoman80_blog_5e98f48b486fe8.85838511.jpg (829×654)

catwoman? Probably a stalker ... but savage or claws?

tumblr_lfuotvCt8I1qf1vw3o1_500.jpg

From Shogun Assassin (aka Lone Wolf with Cub aka the Baby Cart series)

29052id_044_w1600.jpg

devilman_8827.jpg

Devilman!

Definitely a claws scrapper.

main-qimg-e970b4a13b5d938875bfb3ed5e81e0

err...well....

Fi-M-Top10-Characters-with-Claws-720p30.

Freddy Krueger?

133404446_3257927344312712_7470816028309

Santa Claws is just over done from my point of view

So retro

hqdefault.jpg

...and ninjas probably should be stalkers, but I have some

ninja that are scrappers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I'd personally take the view that aesthetics triumph here and if your claws are at the end of your fingers (as are most of the images that you posted), you're savage, not claws.  I think you're leaning more like whether they feel more stylistically like a frenzied animal vs a more controlled weapon-user?

Edit to add: it's a little disappointing how few claws options there are.  There's not even an option for classic Wolverine-style claws that doesn't clearly have an attached mechanical base on your hand!  You can't color fury claws, widow blades, or rularuu's talon.  This is an area where HC, in my opinion, consistently does itself a disservice.  They don't seem to have anyone who creates new models for costumes, and while the game has a great base of models/costume pieces, there are gaps.

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 7:47 AM, aethereal said:

I'd personally take the view that aesthetics triumph here and if your claws are at the end of your fingers (as are most of the images that you posted), you're savage, not claws.  I think you're leaning more like whether they feel more stylistically like a frenzied animal vs a more controlled weapon-user?

Edit to add: it's a little disappointing how few claws options there are.  There's not even an option for classic Wolverine-style claws that doesn't clearly have an attached mechanical base on your hand!  You can't color fury claws, widow blades, or rularuu's talon.  This is an area where HC, in my opinion, consistently does itself a disservice.  They don't seem to have anyone who creates new models for costumes, and while the game has a great base of models/costume pieces, there are gaps.

The reason for the attachment to the back of the hand is so it can't be exactly Wolverine.  I believe there's some glove options that can hide it tho.

• 2 weeks later

It's all in how you craft the character and their backstory. 

My main in the before times was claws/regen. Sounds like a Wolverine ripoff (except Wolverine is mechanically a Willpower scrapper, it's weird), until you read his backstory that states he is a cyborg whose nanomachines perpetually repair any damage to his body to the state it was in when they were introduced to it. 

Personally, Ninjitsu seems like a solid choice. Defense based sets are generally better for scrappers than resistance based sets, and Ninjitsu has a heal, which SR lacks. And positional defense is almost always better than typed. 

14 hours ago, ClawsandEffect said:

It's all in how you craft the character and their backstory. 

My main in the before times was claws/regen. Sounds like a Wolverine ripoff (except Wolverine is mechanically a Willpower scrapper, it's weird), until you read his backstory that states he is a cyborg whose nanomachines perpetually repair any damage to his body to the state it was in when they were introduced to it. 

Personally, Ninjitsu seems like a solid choice. Defense based sets are generally better for scrappers than resistance based sets, and Ninjitsu has a heal, which SR lacks. And positional defense is almost always better than typed. 

Ninjitsu lacks enough DDR, that I feel SR pulls ahead, even with Ninjitsu having the heal.  However, the +END Heal of Ninjitsu is nice.

4 hours ago, BrandX said:

Ninjitsu lacks enough DDR, that I feel SR pulls ahead, even with Ninjitsu having the heal.  However, the +END Heal of Ninjitsu is nice.

Ninjitsu has Resistance to all damage types too via Bo Ryaku. Not at an incredible value but it is there and helps in pushing towards resistance cap (to S/L at least).

2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Ninjitsu has Resistance to all damage types too via Bo Ryaku. Not at an incredible value but it is there and helps in pushing towards resistance cap (to S/L at least).

True, but the lack of good DDR still hurts.  Tho, now I'm wondering if I could get a Ninjitsu user to capped S/L Resist.

16 minutes ago, BrandX said:

True, but the lack of good DDR still hurts.  Tho, now I'm wondering if I could get a Ninjitsu user to capped S/L Resist.

Defense debuffs have to land in the first place, but yes, once they start landing Ninjitsu will lose defense faster than SR will. But SR will presumably be taking more damage and not have a heal up its sleeve.

If I were not so lazy (well, wrapped up in planing stupid  Dominator tricks)  it might be worth modelling.

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

Defense debuffs have to land in the first place, but yes, once they start landing Ninjitsu will lose defense faster than SR will. But SR will presumably be taking more damage and not have a heal up its sleeve.

If I were not so lazy (well, wrapped up in planing stupid  Dominator tricks)  it might be worth modelling.

I have ran both.  SR feels stronger in those debuff situations.  Mind you, I like Ninjitsu, but I know when I ran ITF I felt SR to be the better set.  But I don't believe I had max S/L Resist going on...maybe more like 60.

Edited by BrandX