Disable Autocast in AE

kelika2

AE isn't the only farm. So why should it be singled out? Also, some players, like me, have key abilities (like my clickie mez protection) set on autocast so I don't have to think about it while I'm fighting. Using an ability on autocast does not mean farming player/character.

(Edit: If autocast should be disabled in AE because of farms, then it should be disabled everywhere players farm. And that includes regular content. Which would punish everyone that uses autocast powers just because of some farmers. And even if someone could give a jusitfied reason why AE should be singled out for farming as opposed to all known farms, that would still punish players that run AE content for stories and use autocast for any reason. So, sorry, but I oppose the OP.)

Edited by Rudra

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

AE isn't the only farm. So why should it be singled out? Also, some players, like me, have key abilities (like my clickie mez protection) set on autocast so I don't have to think about it while I'm fighting. Using an ability on autocast does not mean farming player/character.

(Edit: If autocast should be disabled in AE because of farms, then it should be disabled everywhere players farm. And that includes regular content. Which would punish everyone that uses autocast powers just because of some farmers. And even if someone could give a jusitfied reason why AE should be singled out for farming as opposed to all known farms, that would still punish players that run AE content for stories and use autocast for any reason. So, sorry, but I oppose the OP.)

100% this.

If You, OP, have something against AE farms... don't farm in AE. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

18 hours ago, kelika2 said:

We all know why.

And  that one alt you played a decade ago who enjoyed some non-farm AE content wont be that burdened

If you're looking for an AE to run missions or RP teams from, I'd suggest using the ones in little-trafficked zones like Faultine, the Rikti Warzone, Brickstown, or Skyway City. They get so little traffic that you probably won't see another person at all, so they're great meeting places for an AE mission team or RP team to run an arc or two without anyone, farmer or otherwise, bothering you.

If you're looking to make an AE mission without being annoyed by power sound effects, you can go into the the Quiet Room, which disables all powers (auto or otherwise). It's accessable via the 'Studio B' door next to the mission portal:
image.png.7c63c5676a10dbb094f4db053f08c574.png

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You still haven't answered why AE should be singled out.

Edit: And here's another question for you: Why should the player base writ large be punished for the sake of trying to handicap farmers even if only in AE? This won't stop farms.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

cant believe it hasn't been said yet...

/jranger

Because like 2 years ago there was a crackdown on that.  when 25% of a subforum was .jr*nger spam it was just too much and one day, 100k~ posts down to 75k~ posts

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, kelika2 said:

We all know why.

And  that one alt you played a decade ago who enjoyed some non-farm AE content wont be that burdened

Would you create an exception for armor powersets with click status protection powers?  You see, the devs have already said that, outside of certain events/instances, multi-boxing is allowed, so if anything, maybe address that, if your intention is genuine...

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Would you create an exception for armor powersets with click status protection powers?  You see, the devs have already said that, outside of certain events/instances, multi-boxing is allowed, so if anything, maybe address that, if your intention is genuine...

/bind ` "powexecname practiced brawler"

` not '

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

You still haven't answered why AE should be singled out.

Edit: And here's another question for you: Why should the player base writ large be punished for the sake of trying to handicap farmers even if only in AE? This won't stop farms.

This point.

I don't farm. Other players love it.

So what.

Ok, I garden a bit. I have one farm-type character, and every once in a while, I hit an AE.

There are select farmers I like to run with, and every once in a while, I will pop in.

Typically I have Hasten on auto.

So what.

Other characters, not so. On a busy TF, my Emp will have team healing on Auto.

So what.

My Character. My Choice.

Edited by JasperStone
typo - with changed to will
  • Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

7 minutes ago, biostem said:

Or just use the existing autocast feature.  You haven't really justified your OP, though...

You can also copy/paste in CoH

from here to ingame or from ingame to elsewhere

you can even email yourself the command so you can copypaste for other alts

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

You can also copy/paste in CoH

from here to ingame or from ingame to elsewhere

you can even email yourself the command so you can copypaste for other alts

I am well acquainted with binds.  Nice job neglecting the other part of the conversation, though.

I tried to maintain objective impartiality while reading this over. Full disclosure I farm, I also run AE content, and occasionally try to make a mission in the AE myself, so it m in the AE quite often.

I think the other folks replying have given you reasonable alternatives to use. I don't see how you have a hardship to need auto cast powers disabled in the AE, as it doesn't hurt you, given you can go quiet, or to an AE where there's less foot traffic.

For those reasons I don't support the suggestion.

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

Nice job neglecting the other part of the conversation, though.

Every time I tried to explain people always get mad and report.  It is not being neglected, its just like a porcupine.  Theres no reason to go near it

• Haha 1

Who is going to be mad about you answering questions? I don't see anything inflammatory in either the questions or the possible answers.

Why are you singling out AE?

Why is the autocast the problem?

What problem are you trying to fix? (Because I don't see how this is going to do anything about farming.)

Why should the player base be punished for the sake of trying to handicap farmers?

Even ignoring the question of who cares how others play, those four questions seem to be fundamental. At least to me.

33 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

My Character. My Choice.

Totally off-topic but this is not true at all.

The final community rep stream the community leader/head said that your characters were not really "yours" and you were "basically just renting space"

im trying to find that video but sifting through hundreds and bordering thousands of videos on youtube is making that difficult

13 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Totally off-topic but this is not true at all.

The final community rep stream the community leader/head said that your characters were not really "yours" and you were "basically just renting space"

im trying to find that video but sifting through hundreds and bordering thousands of videos on youtube is making that difficult

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, that is pure garbage. It was garbage when Adobe said it about things you made using their programs. It was garbage when Microsoft tried following suit. It is garbage here. I play the game and use their content/program, yes. However, any characters I make are mine. I don't make clones/ripoffs/homages of other characters. I make mine. And when I play another game, they are still my characters. Don't care what that rep said. (S)he can stuff it.

Your comment also is ignoring @JasperStone's point. Someone makes a character, (s)he can play said character however (s)he wants as long as it does not violate the Code of Conduct. That makes that character that player's and can be used however they see fit within those limits. The OP reads as an attempt for one player to impose their will on another player. Still waiting for answers to my questions though. You can still prove me wrong.

• Thumbs Up 3