Disable Autocast in AE

kelika2

5 minutes ago, biostem said:

@kelika2 is conflating owning the files/data where your character information is saved w/ owning the concept or IP regarding said character...

probably both for all we know

but finding the ncsoft community rep stream is proving way harder than i initially thought, between other projects other than homecoming that i didnt know existed before as well as an algorithm fighting me

Untitled.jpg

23 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

probably both for all we know

but finding the ncsoft community rep stream is proving way harder than i initially thought, between other projects other than homecoming that i didnt know existed before as well as an algorithm fighting me

Untitled.jpg

NCSoft Community rep?

Why are you trying to quote them?

They are not part of HC now.

Nobody is mad or angry...just confused about what you are seeking.

Questions have been asked .... and you have Dodged, Ducked, Dipped, Dived, and Dodged them.

• Like 1

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Why are you singling out AE?

Why is the autocast the problem?

What problem are you trying to fix? (Because I don't see how this is going to do anything about farming.)

Why should the player base be punished for the sake of trying to handicap farmers?

All these. The OP's reaching professional politician levels of question dodging. The quote isn't "if you can dodge a question, you can dodge a ball." 

If their issue is with farming? Again, don't farm. If the issue's with something else? How about some explanation instead of insisting on causing the rest of the playerbase issues?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 minute ago, JasperStone said:

NCSoft Community rep?

Why are you trying to quote them?

When you said it was your character, that was not true at all.

I have been trying to find the paragon studios/ncsoft final stream.

It was a community manager

he said that a forum community was one of the first things to go after the plug was pulled

chat asked him about what about their characters, said they were not really yours and you were just renting space

then went on to news day for the studio and suddenly 80~ some people were out of a job without warning

few dozen keywords, a couple of different platforms.  i cant find it

3 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

When you said it was your character, that was not true at all.

I have been trying to find the paragon studios/ncsoft final stream.

It was a community manager

he said that a forum community was one of the first things to go after the plug was pulled

chat asked him about what about their characters, said they were not really yours and you were just renting space

then went on to news day for the studio and suddenly 80~ some people were out of a job without warning

few dozen keywords, a couple of different platforms.  i cant find it

Thank you for answering.

Not the actual context I was using.

When I have created the character in the game it is mine to do as I wish. As long as I follow the Code of Conduct. That is my point.

Not sure why you want to reference that final stream ... this is HC. Paragon is ... poof gone

Again why specifically are AutoCast and AE your targets?

We need to get back to talking about nerfing Regen.

/e poofgone

3 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Again why specifically are AutoCast and AE your targets?

The answer wont satisfy you and will only lead to darker web posts.

3 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

We need to get back to talking about nerfing Regen.

I wanted to make a post about renaming and revamping Moment of Glory but I am not sure if there is a mechanic that can allow an AT to break past their resist cap for certain powers.

Remember that one scene where Wolverine was walking up to Dark Phoenix and he was just taking the damage?  pretty much that

Moment of Glory renamed to Play Through The Pain

No more defense

Added % regen

50-60% base resist, enhanceable

same duration

20 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The answer wont satisfy you and will only lead to darker web posts.

I wanted to make a post about renaming and revamping Moment of Glory but I am not sure if there is a mechanic that can allow an AT to break past their resist cap for certain powers.

Remember that one scene where Wolverine was walking up to Dark Phoenix and he was just taking the damage?  pretty much that

Moment of Glory renamed to Play Through The Pain

No more defense

Added % regen

50-60% base resist, enhanceable

same duration

If you answer the way you did about Regen (which was a joke) then you would be worth listening to.

Lock this thread.

This is trolling.

• Thumbs Up 3

/e poofgone

Just now, JasperStone said:

If you answer the way you did about Regen (which was a joke) then you would be worth listening to.

Lock this thread.

This is trolling.

I have no idea who you are.  Sarcasm is like 99% tone of voice which is not available in text form and you brought up a hot topic on a suggestion form.

But was the regen thing a bad suggestion?

• Haha 1

The regen thing was a joke as far as I could tell. It looked like one even before @JasperStone pointed out it was. The issue is that you refuse to answer basic questions about the OP and instead deflect away from having to do so. I'm in agreement with @JasperStone and @Spaghetti Betty. This thread reads like a troll thread. You refuse to engage on the OP's subject matter except to say you won't engage with it. If you cannot explain the OP or you refuse to explain the OP, then this thread needs to be shut down.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to change second comment and correct "agreement".
  • Thanks 2

I imagine if that olden times community rep is found that the context of the statement would be in regard to players 'losing their characters' in the shutdown.  Yes,  when the plug was pulled,  character data on the servers was not owned by the players and the company was under no obligation to provide players any copies of character data.  That would be what i believe 'renting space' meant.

If homecoming pulled the plug,  it would be the same - they dont owe anyone anything.

But that doesnt mean we dont own our characters.  Nobody takes a character away from us or takes all our items.  People can ask us to not use a power but they cant force us.  We own our characters and how we play as long as we abide by the terms of service that we agree to every single time we login.

People are asking for clarification as to why auto cast should be disabled in AE and the only response has been we dont own our characters.  I suspect its to deter afk farming but it could be the sound effects make your ears hurt when they are between missions.  Maybe your computer lags when a bunch of powers are on auto cast.  Maybe your carpet has a large amount of purple ooze that only drains when the people in AE turn off auto cast.

We still dont know why.

• Thumbs Up 1