New HC SubReddit

Scutt

26 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Strawman: The Post.

I expressed my utter disdain for Reddit. This thread is about Reddit. It's bad enough that people here and the devs expect people to be in Discord if they want to be "the most up-to-date." Every community I've seen that starts trying to drum up more users to "check out Reddit" eventually transitions into news/updates being nearly exclusively uploaded to Reddit and nowhere else.

My post was about how I hate Reddit, which is directly related to my above point.

What was yours about, besides being belligerent for belligerent's sake? You've had that account for 4 years but your only 2 posts in all that time are in this thread, one in response to my own? I don't know if I should feel honored that my words moved you to action after such a long time, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this account is merely the alternate of someone else here that doesn't want their shit-flinging to be associated with their primary account.

But please, do go on.

13 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

So when YOU have an opinion, it's "just good sense".

But when I have an opinion, it's "ego".

Hmmm.

Edited by Lady Victory - The Watch
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Everything I like is good, everything I don't like is bad and if anyone else has anything to say I will post memes! You've all been warned!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 hour ago, Frostbiter said:

Everything I like is good, everything I don't like is bad and if anyone else has anything to say I will post memes! You've all been warned!

I'm seriously at a loss here. This isn't about whether Reddit is good or bad. It's just some people offering an invitation to join a channel there. 

Now if people lack the basic tact to be supportive of other players and are going to suck the air out of the room by venting their grievances with the platform--might as well have a laugh. Especially when the memes are on point. If you don't want to be called a boomer, stop acting boomerish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

I'm seriously at a loss here. This isn't about whether Reddit is good or bad. It's just some people offering an invitation to join a channel there. 

Now if people lack the basic tact to be supportive of other players and are going to suck the air out of the room by venting their grievances with the platform--might as well have a laugh. Especially when the memes are on point. If you don't want to be called a boomer, stop acting boomerish.

After getting caught up on this thread here, I agree with your sentiment completely. A player posted a place for folks on HC to talk about HC and this thread devolved, as most things on this forum eventually do, into gripes about Reddit as a whole and completely ignoring the point was inviting HC folks to a specific area to talk about HC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Well, I take it you'd rather I just LIE to you about my feelings on the subject?

Ahh, that brings up memories. A line from Spider and Jeanne Robinson's novel Stardance: "Tact? I've always understood that to be a mutual agreement to be full of shit."

9 hours ago, Chrono-Bot said:

We are why the mods drink.

Dacy

Lady Victory

r...the dude with Cecil from the only good superhero show Invincible as his avatar.

These three are the only reasons I don't drink when visiting these forums.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

3 hours ago, battlewraith said:

How does a Boomer act? I'm afraid I need a lengthy explanation before we can continue in good faith.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

practice! pretend you have little tolerance for "adults" who walk around like this...

Photo from Senate Impeachment - Democratic Underground

Snarky I have never laughed so hard at something you've posted omg

4 hours ago, battlewraith said:

Didn't you know?
We need these user's EXPRESS permission to do anything.
After all, City of Heroes was made specifically just for these two people -- We all know that it's their world and we're all just a bunch of NPCs here.
Why has Twitter banned 1500 accounts and what are NPCs? - BBC News

Meanwhile... over on Reddit.

Update: image.png.167d7aa5dd13d7a071f843288996d3ad.png

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

15 minutes ago, Lady Victory - The Watch said:

Snarky I have never laughed so hard at something you've posted omg

Didn't you know?
We need these user's EXPRESS permission to do anything.
After all, City of Heroes was made specifically just for these two people -- We all know that it's their world and we're all just a bunch of NPCs here.
Why has Twitter banned 1500 accounts and what are NPCs? - BBC News

Meanwhile... over on Reddit.

Update: image.png.167d7aa5dd13d7a071f843288996d3ad.png

You have a really funny way of asking for permission.  But then again you know you don't need it so I have to assume that your purpose in continuing to mock people here is that you want the attention. So here:

Youre-Special.jpg

• Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

22 minutes ago, Lady Victory - The Watch said:

over your head Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

I don't think I've missed your point at all. So far you've done a wonderful job of representing what the reddit Homecoming group must be like. I'll stand by my initial 🤮.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

• Game Master

Not interested in deciphering what is a shitpost and what is just a shit post, much prefer to continue my 4-hour so far flowchart about frogs in D&D, 

Y'all been told to be nice already, a second reminder shouldn't be required. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Snarky said:

4 hour flowchart about frogs in D&D.....  not enough info to determine meaning.  But whatever you do, do not hop off now.

I'm with Snarky on this I would love to know more about this Frogchart.

You've appealed to my inner nerd Flints.

Wait-- also my outernerd.

Ah hell, I'm all nerd!

Also--

Presently I've set up a pinned lil link to remind people that the Forums exist, as well as the HC discord.
Any other ideas on things I should set up? 😮

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GM Flints said:

image.thumb.png.f32a219fa3f56d7fc5e96c78cd56457f.png

Okay fine, as long as y'all play nice. 
Grung need more respect than just "Evil Chult Slavers" so the obvious first step in rewriting them is creating a flowchart for their ancestry. 

I completely feel this sort of time and effort. This is super incredible.

It reminds me of the sort of nerd-work I do for simple projects like Skyrim Together.
I spent the last entire day (hungover) packing this 225 Page (so far, I've got like three more sections to build) doc for my small Skyrim Together party, and as a long term fan and supporter of dice and TTRPG elements in general this has me image.png.3abe858c9e07bbde40a59b09cbaacdfb.png

4 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Nice idea. I hope the subreddit grows.

Thank u Shade Ily ❤️

• Like 1