how do I tell what my own veteran level is? (And is it even important?)

It's in the in-game menu under "Personal Info".

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

...and it only matters until you hit VL 100, then you no longer earn Empyrean Merits (every third VL from 3 to 99).  By then, you should be T4 in all incarnates and have enough "stuff" left over to make a couple more T3s.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

6 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Should I even worry?

After 100 it's only for bragging rights.  My highest is currently VL482 (NUTCRCKR).

You can pull up your info (or anyone's) without going to the menu, as follows:

Hit <ENTER> to activate the chat line

Type:   /info

Hit <ENTER>

That will bring up the info window for anyone you have targeted, or yourself if no one is targeted.

Personally, I like to read people's bio's and other details so I have the /info command bound to the i key.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Just to add here, because I get this a lot, VET LEVEL and LEVEL SHIFT are 2 different things. You may see someone advertise, for instance, that you must be "50+3" to join, and that has nothing to do with vet levels. It is very possible to be vet level 1 million and have 0 level shifts.

2 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

It is very possible to be vet level 1 million 

Improbable, though

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

32 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

Improbable, though

I dunno, Veracor may get there. I wouldn't bet against him.

Veracor's gotten 20,000 in slightly under 4 years. Given that is 1/50 of a million, at that rate we'd be seeing vet level 1 million in a maybe 190 to 200 years. Well, dragons do have a very long lifespan, but here's hoping Homecoming lasts that long.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

Unless the devs nerf vet XP, I stand by my statement. Not betting against Veracor on this, and I bet he does it in under 190 years. Mark my words.

21 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

Unless the devs nerf vet XP, I stand by my statement. Not betting against Veracor on this, and I bet he does it in under 190 years. Mark my words.

I have marked my calendar for March 15, 2213 with the note "Check Veracor's vet level."  It will be interesting to see whether that goal is met.  

• Thumbs Up 1