What additions to the AE would we like to see? (Within reason!)

Darmian

I tried to get around rad melee not being there by using atomic manipulation or radioactive assault, but those aren't there either. 😞 

• Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

• 3 weeks later

Moar. Arc. Slots.

Three stories is too small a number.  🙂

• Sad 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

2 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

Moar. Arc. Slots.

Three stories is too small a number.  🙂

Good news!  Go over to the menu, open up a support ticket and say I WANT MY MTV... MA SLOTS and a dev will give you three more - any time, no strings attached!  I've done this twice now.

• Thanks 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 2 weeks later
On 1/9/2024 at 4:13 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Good news!  Go over to the menu, open up a support ticket and say I WANT MY MTV... MA SLOTS and a dev will give you three more - any time, no strings attached!  I've done this twice now.

I think they’ll give you as many as you ask for assuming its for story of course. I got 4 on my primary account after its slots were full. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

• 1 month later

I have discovered something else I would love to be added in that is kind of there. And that is a changes to doppelganger enemy, to allow it to be the entire group or a random member of the group. This way you can create a little more chaos with it and it can be used to create some interesting stories. The only other change is to give a couple more style changes. Example Black&White is there, another fun option to this would be Red&Blue kind of like an anaglyph 3D version of the doppelganger. Just some ideas.

• Like 1

Standard Map Ideas

This is probably far too big to ask the devs to do, but reflecting on it, I am surprised there is not an "outdoor forest" series of small, medium, large maps as standard maps that used the kind of "forest tunnel" system that you see in Perez and Eden. Like caves you could have various combos of tunnels and reconfiged of the same basic parts to create unique variants.

Similar to the ShadowHunter mission in the Number Six arc, seems like this could have been a thing.

Seems like a random streetscape series could have been available too that represented the places between the war walls and just pieced square blocks together of maybe some of the different architecture styles.

Convert More Old but Unique Maps

Would love the last few maps on this list that are missing from AE to be added. https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Demo_Editing/Scenic_Maps

I know ones that need scripts (like Marchand's office as an example we know) are problematic, but am ever optimistic these are old enough that they can be easily converted to the AE format. 

I think these are the only ones missing

• Freakshow Office
  • Misdirected Portal
  • Misdirected Portal Window
  • Mole Point Portal
  • Portal Corp Outdoor

(Lot of portal locations 🙂 )

• Like 3

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Probably mentioned already in this thread, but doesn't hurt to state it again....

I'd like the ability to have a Boss teleport/medi-port away at a setting of your choosing (full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 health), much like Anti-Matter does in Tina Mac's arc when you first encounter him, so that you fight him again later - and with others in so many other arcs in-game.  

This mechanic would also be nice for rescuing Allies as well instead of having them run off through the map., they can medi-port out immediately.   

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lockely said:

Just thinking out loud here, but I'd really love to have SFMA and Farm be tags you could apply to the mission to help filter.

THIS FOR DEFINITE!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

All things considered, an official SFMA tag should not be needed, especially if there's an official Farm tag.  I personally haven't made a suggestion to make a Farm tag because I don't know if AE is capable of negative search, and if it is, what the nuances are.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

I want to be able to create rescue missions where there are large groups of hostages who huddle together in one area. 

They don't need to move around, the mission can end when they're rescued, or you can tell them to stay where they are until it's safe for them to go (which we assume happens after the mission is complete)

Currently, all I can do is have hostages scattered all over the map, each one guarded by a group of bad guys.

Placing a group of hostages makes more sense and would allow you to rescue large groups without having to run all over the map looking for each one.

I would also love to have more control over where mission objectives are placed on the map. Instead of picking a general area, I would like it if I could select from available map locations.

This would allow me to place prisoners in cells on the maps that have cells. or put them together in an area where they're being forced to work.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later
On 3/23/2023 at 1:32 PM, Darmian said:

So yeah, pretty much as the title says.  What additions would we like to see in the AE?  I say within reason, because some things in game are based on scripts and so on and the AE code is janky as hell so things like multiple choices and so on are probably beyond an addition and would need a full rewrite.

The difficult part to change would be mission mechanics. The dialogue outside the missions would be trivial by comparison. Multiple choices would make it way less clunky in one easy step. But I already said that in my other post...

• Thumbs Up 1

TINKERERS and LEOTARDED personal supergroups on Reunion; open bases! codes TB-9014 and LT-1051

TinkerBell (MAIN) super reflexes / martial arts tanker & badge hunter; Sarabraxus, energy / energy blaster; Sarathustra, fire / therm corruptor

Scotch Bonnie / Caroline Reaper, fire/ss brutes & fire farmers; Granny Fix It / Green Granny / Great Granny, empathy/psi defenders; plus a few others.

@Xarah formerly on Champion, Triumph, Victory, now @chuckv2 / @chuckv3 / @chuckv4 on Reunion

Posted (edited)

I think it could be interesting to have "Window Dressing" / "non-clickable" objects, leveraging the existing map mechanics.

• There are a number of small elements in the Super Group editor that could fit within existing maps and bring variety to the maps so the same map with some items included could feel different.
  • Maps often support MANY MANY walls and floor items. 
  • These non-clickable items could be applied to those map spots. 

Examples

• Add floor lamps in an office - say 30 in any location
  • Add wall art, such as the posters to the main back room of a villain hunting the CoH heroes
  • Add logos/signs of mobs - wish there were a few Crey logos I could throw on the walls for a tech lab map for example.
  • Add objects related to mobs - many of the magic objects feel like CoT - put them in a warehouse or regular cave to make it feel like a CoT spot without it needing to be a CoT map

I'm presuming that for the devs, choosing from among 3D objects that already exist and can generally fit in the space allotted to glowies, and making them available as "non-clickable" is somehow easier than just making them clickable. I know I have sometimes populated maps with 40 duplicate clickable crates just for some window dressing, but really they do not need to be glowies at all.

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Hi. There is actually a few things I would like to see placed in the Architect and I'm pretty they are within reason.

Maps - Wrecked Maps of Paragon City.  The Wrecked Steel Canyon Statue, Skyway City's wrecked highways, Talos Island, King's Row, Peregrine Island Portal Corp. 

The Signature Storyarc Maps. I really kinda want to fight DE with Hami in the background.

Enemies you could place in:

-Maelstrom. Self explanatory. You would think he would be under Signature Villains, Pets or Praetorians. Sadly he isn't listed anywhere.

-Desdemona

- IVY

Costumes - not really an Arc thing, but we need Oroborous costumes. We can't make new Menders without them.

Some things probably not in the realm of possibility. Nonetheless -

People running around the map in a panic. 

NPCs that you need to talk to in mission. We have this alot in later missions.

I'm probably missing some other stuff. I know that the Architect is janky so I will take whatever you guys release.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

In addition to the usual “more maps/powers” things which are a given, I would request the ability to add “radio chatter” aka the dialogue boxes with someone outside of the mission communicating with.

That first took off with the doppelgänger missions and quickly became one of the most effective way to convey information to players in a number of situations. But it’s not something AE can add.

I suspect it would have to be a mission objective element (since it is generally triggered by moving into an area or completing some task), but I’d sacrifice a few objectives just to be able to add some clear narration to certain missions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:49 AM, Ankylosaur said:

Standard Map Ideas

This is probably far too big to ask the devs to do, but reflecting on it, I am surprised there is not an "outdoor forest" series of small, medium, large maps as standard maps that used the kind of "forest tunnel" system that you see in Perez and Eden. Like caves you could have various combos of tunnels and reconfiged of the same basic parts to create unique variants.

Similar to the ShadowHunter mission in the Number Six arc, seems like this could have been a thing.

This. So, SO much this. 
I'd also like some sort of "desolate area" like in the crash path of the Rikti ship where there's some city wreckage and bits of things but it's mostly barren (maybe have some hills or something to keep it from being "too boring"?).

• Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.