Where'd this damage come from?

SnoBahr

I created Bunni Rabbit to be heals/buffs only. She's emp/seismic, because I figured, if I ever wanted her to do damage, it'd be with freakin' Meteor.

But I checked her status on one of the Information Kiosks in game, and it says she's dealt 4,377 points of damage! What?!

The only thing I can think of is, she was at Zero damage inflicted before doing Posi-2. She's since done other things since then, but Posi-2 1 has the dopplegangers, and I'm wondering if the doppleganger's damage dealt counts towards the player character's tracking?

Yesterday:

image.png

Today:

image.png.602ba3a1fc1e6cec8a7968514138f833.png

Edited by SnoBahr

Do you use Absorb Pain? I wonder if it counts damage to you...

(Edit - tested on test. Nope. But I think I've seen you during MSRs - Everlasting?  Possible either something's counting there or you've hit an attack. )

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

14 hours ago, Greycat said:

(...) But I think I've seen you during MSRs - Everlasting? (...)

Yup, Bunni's been in 2 MSRs now, on Everlasting. And the first kiosk capture was after her first raid. I'm really leaning hard into my theory that it was Posi-2 1 and the dopplegangers faced just before the final mob around Azuria.

Edited by SnoBahr

20 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

No, because healing uses different enhancements.

Resistance is negative Damage, and they use different enhancements, too. There was a bug -- I forget the specific details -- where you could use HOs to boost otherwise unenhanceable aspects of a power, and one of these was boosting both damage and damage resistance.

During the beta for Inventions, the 'Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Damage' proc was a little too literal -- when it went off, it did a negative amount of damage to your target, healing it. This was quickly fixed, but pushed too hard the other way, becoming 'Touch of Lady Grey: Chance to One-Shot', doing an utterly absurd amount of damage when it went off-- my Katana/Regen Scrapper with it literally one-shotted Jurassik, doing 6.184e+13 points of damage; I was amused to see that the game smoothly rolled over into scientific notation if needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, those were a lot of words, which honestly went over my head, given the manner by which they were assembled... As I am not using any attacks, only buffing, heals, and rez, as well as Fortitude and Clear Mind, does that mean that something I have slotted in one of those is counting as damage dealt? ETA: I also use the Mystic Ward power.

Edited by SnoBahr

Okay, another thought.  If a non-combat hostage if following you, it can still take fall damage.  Perhaps you were leading something that fell a time or a few, or perhaps a combat hostage was following you and counting towards pet damage?

Alternatively, you mentioned being on a Mothership raid.  Did you plant the bomb?  Maybe it fragged someone and that counted for you?

Brawl or a temp power of some kind?

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

No damage-dealing temp powers, and my Brawl and (whatever the first Seismic power is when it's a Defender's Secondary power) are not on my trays, so I can't accidentally click them. I did have a hero NPC following me in a door mission, and they were dealing damage - that could be it. I'm guessing if that's the case, avoid the "helpful" NPCs like the plague.

I've done MSRs several times with Bunni Rabbit, and today with Bunni Bunni, and the Damage Inflicted remained at 0. But boy-howdy, that's how Bunni Rabbit got her Medic badge 😄

I'm going to try and get into a Posi TF tonight, after dinner. If the damage comes from the Doppleganger encounter, then I'll know to avoid that with whatever Bunni 3.0 I create. I want to get a character to 50 with zero damage inflicted 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh. Just did Posi 1, and I'm still 0 Damage Inflicted. I think I used Heal Ally, but now I can't remember. I was lvl 17 when we started Posi-1, and I ended at lvl 20.

The temp pet Hero NPC in door missions might be what does the person's Damaged Inflicted...

image.png.7935688e5202c58317b07cfc72f00e38.png

7 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Resistance is negative Damage, and they use different enhancements, too. There was a bug -- I forget the specific details -- where you could use HOs to boost otherwise unenhanceable aspects of a power, and one of these was boosting both damage and damage resistance.

During the beta for Inventions, the 'Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Damage' proc was a little too literal -- when it went off, it did a negative amount of damage to your target, healing it. This was quickly fixed, but pushed too hard the other way, becoming 'Touch of Lady Grey: Chance to One-Shot', doing an utterly absurd amount of damage when it went off-- my Katana/Regen Scrapper with it literally one-shotted Jurassik, doing 6.184e+13 points of damage; I was amused to see that the game smoothly rolled over into scientific notation if needed.

It's like how Defense and Defense debuff enhancements are the same, but one is schedule A and the other is schedule B, so you could enhance defense powers with 33% bonuses instead of 20%.

And if you look at the Hamidon Enhancements with Damage buffs: Dam/Range, Acc/Dam, it really feels like they were trying to avoid having any powers that could slot both damage and damage resist. To this day, I don't believe there are any powers that take both damage and damage resistance.

Whereas I'd be really interested in seeing how heal works, because you can slot something for both damage and heal, and increase one of the two without increasing the other, so it's a damage type that's flagged to ignore damage enhancement. It can be resisted so it's not just untyped damage...

10 hours ago, SnoBahr said:

No damage-dealing temp powers, and my Brawl and (whatever the first Seismic power is when it's a Defender's Secondary power) are not on my trays, so I can't accidentally click them. I did have a hero NPC following me in a door mission, and they were dealing damage - that could be it. I'm guessing if that's the case, avoid the "helpful" NPCs like the plague.

I've done MSRs several times with Bunni Rabbit, and today with Bunni Bunni, and the Damage Inflicted remained at 0. But boy-howdy, that's how Bunni Rabbit got her Medic badge 😄

I'm going to try and get into a Posi TF tonight, after dinner. If the damage comes from the Doppleganger encounter, then I'll know to avoid that with whatever Bunni 3.0 I create. I want to get a character to 50 with zero damage inflicted 😄

It's an interesting idea.  I'd personally be very impressed if you end up with very low damage-dealing numbers, and you might want to consider that a victory. Frankly, I'm concerned with the possibility that you put a lot of time and effort into Bunni 3.0 only to have another unexpected damage points event at, say, level 45 or so.

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I can get a Blaster to 50 with 0 damage inflicted.... Slap their butt in AE and use my alt acct farmer to get them 0-Incarnate in a day or so grind. 🙂

Come on now.  Who you kidding?

We all know your blaster would quit the team midway through 

🤭

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

I can get a Blaster to 50 with 0 damage inflicted.... Slap their butt in AE

... well, there *is* an AE in Pocket D. I'm sure that's a mission somewhere.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

18 hours ago, SnoBahr said:

The Hero NPC counted as your pet, so its damage counted as your damage.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

15 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

It's like how Defense and Defense debuff enhancements are the same, but one is schedule A and the other is schedule B, so you could enhance defense powers with 33% bonuses instead of 20%.

And if you look at the Hamidon Enhancements with Damage buffs: Dam/Range, Acc/Dam, it really feels like they were trying to avoid having any powers that could slot both damage and damage resist. To this day, I don't believe there are any powers that take both damage and damage resistance.

Whereas I'd be really interested in seeing how heal works, because you can slot something for both damage and heal, and increase one of the two without increasing the other, so it's a damage type that's flagged to ignore damage enhancement. It can be resisted so it's not just untyped damage...

I'm not sure where I can find the quote, but it was explained to me that damage is a positive number and negative damage (healing) is a negative number in terms of values in the system that calculates for this game. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

10 hours ago, Techwright said:

[...] Bunni 3.0 only to have another unexpected damage points event at, say, level 45 or so.

Still on Bunni 2.0 (Bunni Bunni), and if something happens that she gets damage? If I can keep it under 1k by lvl 50, that's a win. But if I restart with Bunni 3.0? Then I do that. It's just time, and I've a plenitude of it.