Is it possible to make like a hideout for your character

savair

Yes. Using the base builder. Create an SG in Atlas, inside City Hall. Then enter shining column outside, and you'll be in your base. Open up the editor and start working.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Holy smokes we have a great base resource.  I have friends who have built art work.  Mine is big but clunky.  The base builder interface is....difficult.  Getting a basic base up is no issue.  Anybody who knows it can have you on a huge base with a basic theme, teleporters to all zones, storage for salvage enhancers and inspirations in under an hour.  Bare bones decorations.  Its the decorating that can take days, weeks, months.  Ask for help.  People will help you.  You can give base editing permission to a junior SG member, invite a helper to your SG as that rank, and they can set you up.

6 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

You can learn something about bases, and then fix mine. I'll pay you $3.5 million influence for professional interior design.

I was going to pay someone 100 mil if they could fancy mine up.  You are so cheap!

10 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

You can learn something about bases, and then fix mine. I'll pay you $3.5 million influence for professional interior design.

I don't know how much they charge but @Easter Bunny seems to have helped on a good number of bases.

@Dacy helps with bases from time to time.

It's probably time to make a thumbtacked post in the Base Construction sub-forum for those offering/looking for base building help.

I have no idea how much inf they would charge

Edited by UltraAlt

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Base building is a rabbit hole that will steal entire weekends away if you're not careful. My base on Indomitable was/is (still there, just not used) a labor of love that lasted weeks of every game session being building, tweaking, hating, demolishing and redoing every nook and cranny until I could tell my wife exactly what each piece was there for from teleporters to NPC's to train/sell/tailor me up and all points in between. I. Love. That. Base. It had a pool!

Then, I moved to Excelsior and just couldn't bring myself to do that to myself again. My current base is function over form and while I do feel the urge to redo it, I'm afraid of where that dragon might lead.

Tl;dr Bases are fun to build, but easy to get lost in. Builder beware. 👨‍🔧

• Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

8 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

You want Snarky to provide interior design?  🤔

Might as well paint the base black on black, then turn the lights out.  $3.5 million inf saved.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Techwright said:

You want Snarky to provide interior design?  🤔

Might as well paint the base black on black, then turn the lights out.  $3.5 million inf saved.

I actually have a giant open base, open sky. about 50% graveyard and 50% cavernous workshop.  I do have one corner where I put the floating cube and tons of magic / fire effects.  I had to remove some of them.  So much noise.  90% are still there including one giant one I think is still causing too much noise.  But I love watching it burn.

• Like 1

/e facepalm

On 5/11/2023 at 3:12 PM, UltraAlt said:

I joined the discord and this is the first thing I see

image.thumb.png.fedce0dd9b07ca4255d976ec1ea03416.png

I have only asked myself how to hell to put a cup on a table in the COH base editor for about 3  years now..... thank you!!!

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Trying to figure out how that was the first thing you saw…

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy that you found it! Lots of other things and tips where that came from. It’s just…not a video that generally hangs around,  accosting people. 😊

-Dacy

oh when i click on the discord server it drops me into #info-you-might-want last entry.

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up.