Storm Cell

They can't be slotted for a reason. Because of the wonky enhancement system, pet powers only take enhancement from IO sets that match exactly. So, for example, if you put an Accuracy/Slow IO in Storm Cell, the lightning strike procs would NOT receive accuracy bonuses from that enhancement, because the lightning strike powers don't have a slow effect. Maybe that weirdness will get addressed some day, but until then, not allowing those sets is preventing players from falling into some very unintuitive pitfalls.

• Like 1

Vanden is correct. For what it's worth, when the enhancability of tohit debuff and slow was removed, the debuffs were increased and they became auto-hit as a compensation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

You're only looking at the lightning though. Storm Cell's base effect is -movement, -recharge, and -ToHit. The triggered High Winds/Wind Speed effect is likewise -movement, -recharge, and -ToHit. So out of three possibilities with Storm Cell, one of which is its main/base effect, you are arguing against being able to slot slow and accuracy debuff sets or generic/SO enhancements because they won't affect the triggered lightning ability?

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "or generic/SO enhancements".

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

So out of three possibilities with Storm Cell, one of which is its main/base effect, you are arguing against being able to slot slow and accuracy debuff sets because they won't affect the triggered lightning ability?

The lightning is the main effect.

1 minute ago, Vanden said:

The lightning is the main effect.

The lightning is a triggered effect. If it was the main effect, then it would always be active when the power was used.

Edit: Hells, two days ago, on my Storm Blast Corruptor, Storm Cell didn't trigger lightning even once in a couple of fights. So how can it be the main effect?

Edited by Rudra

sorry id much rather the main effect of a power be enhanced over its proc'd effects. I know how much people enjoy their procs but i'm just asking for some consistency. Also there are pets that have slow effects and or -tohit. And lets be honest its unlikely people are slotting the KB effect of the lightning so im sure thats a set value we could drop from the power entirely. Finally Tornado is a Psudeopet that can accept 8 different types of enhancements so there is precedent.

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

• Developer

Storm Cell originally could be slotted for these effects, but due to the oddities associated with pets that have multiple powers we decided to buff the slow and tohit debuff portions of the power to prevent "traps".

To @Saiyajinzoningen's example of Tornado, that pet has multiple powers but only one has the ability to be enhanced. Conveniently, that power has Damage, Knock, Defense Debuff, and so on all rolled into one so that an Accuracy/Knock or Accuracy/Damage enhancement will boost it all the same. The difference with Storm Cell is that the High Winds and Lightning powers are seperate and would have taken different enhancement types. If you were to slot an accuracy/slow for instance, the lightning powers would not have their accuracy enhanced which is counter-intuitive when you are slotting Storm Cell for accuracy. 

This is something we are looking into, though it has complexities depending on the pets and slotting options in question.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Player-1 said:

Storm Cell originally could be slotted for these effects, but due to the oddities associated with pets that have multiple powers we decided to buff the slow and tohit debuff portions of the power to prevent "traps".

To @Saiyajinzoningen's example of Tornado, that pet has multiple powers but only one has the ability to be enhanced. Conveniently, that power has Damage, Knock, Defense Debuff, and so on all rolled into one so that an Accuracy/Knock or Accuracy/Damage enhancement will boost it all the same. The difference with Storm Cell is that the High Winds and Lightning powers are seperate and would have taken different enhancement types. If you were to slot an accuracy/slow for instance, the lightning powers would not have their accuracy enhanced which is counter-intuitive when you are slotting Storm Cell for accuracy. 

This is something we are looking into, though it has complexities depending on the pets and slotting options in question.

This falls under the heading of 'So Disappointing I Just Want To Cry'. Thanks for the official answer though.

IF this power being a "PET" is whats causing it to be underwhelming then just make it a LOCATION AOE.

do that and lower the recharge rate and cast time. do that and guess what it then becomes use in almost all mobs with little recharge requirements.

and with enhanceable debuffs that help more.

WHAT ur saying is buffing the lighting strike that can only hit up to 3 enemies at a time is more important the debuffs that can affect up 16 enemies is what u want?

a somewhat unpredictable damaging hit vs an 100% uptime debuff.,,,i would chose the debuffs everytime.

Location AoEs also use the pet mechanic with their pseudo-pets. I agree with you that being able to improve the debuffs is preferred, by me at least, but what makes Storm Cell so complicated apparently is that it has multiple pet/pseudo-pet effects, so the devs locked out the always active and available effect for being able to be enhanced so that the sometimes triggers damage effect can be enhanced. I'm just hoping they find a solution fairly quickly so that the debuffs can be enhanced too. And given how damage focused some players are, I can at least understand why the devs did that.

8 hours ago, Player-1 said:

One thing I have noted is that my wind proc had a dramatically lower chance to hit than my lightning procs. (50ish% vs 95% on hard targets for example).

I assume this is because I'm using a damage set. However on test when the change was made it was my understanding that the wind powers we going to be set to auto hit. It seem like some were either missed or left out of that conversation and I'd be curious to know if it was intentional?