Did Fiery Embrace ever effect Pool Powers?

kelika2

Trying to make my MA/Fire scrapper work with some extra aoe.  Then I noticed Fiery Embrace didnt effect Spring Attack, then Jump Kick and using a second build none of the pool powers do either.  Now I dont know if they ever did

We can verify this by looking over on City of Data. Every Scrapper primary attack has its own line (extra damage) tagged to be active during Fiery Embrace, but this tag is absent on every pool power. I'm guessing they probably never did but I've never looked into this particular ability sooooo...

It does seem pretty weird. I guess it does make sense for certain very stronk attacks like sniper beams to not have such a huge damage bonus but the more basic and shitty pool attacks could probably use the extra boost. 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

well it does say all your fire attacks for a while and non fire attacks for a short period so it may not have been active for your other attacks

=>_>=

*FIREBALLS snarky*

Edited by catsi563
  • Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

No. Trying to get a log of damage from my brute but I have zero internet connection of frozen maple syrup.  The fire damage didn't even affect boxing or brawl  but Incarnate degenerative proc on both

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

It appears that Fiery Embrace works with Tanker and Brute epic sets but not with Scrapper epic sets (Stalkers and Sentinels don't get Fiery Embrace). I'm guessing this is a bug.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 8/5/2023 at 12:29 AM, kelika2 said:

Trying to make my MA/Fire scrapper work with some extra aoe.  Then I noticed Fiery Embrace didnt effect Spring Attack, then Jump Kick and using a second build none of the pool powers do either.  Now I dont know if they ever did

On 8/5/2023 at 7:01 AM, FupDup said:

We can verify this by looking over on City of Data. Every Scrapper primary attack has its own line (extra damage) tagged to be active during Fiery Embrace, but this tag is absent on every pool power. I'm guessing they probably never did but I've never looked into this particular ability sooooo...

It does seem pretty weird. I guess it does make sense for certain very stronk attacks like sniper beams to not have such a huge damage bonus but the more basic and shitty pool attacks could probably use the extra boost. 

3 hours ago, Uun said:

It appears that Fiery Embrace works with Tanker and Brute epic sets but not with Scrapper epic sets (Stalkers and Sentinels don't get Fiery Embrace). I'm guessing this is a bug.

On 8/5/2023 at 10:09 AM, catsi563 said:

well it does say all your fire attacks for a while and non fire attacks for a short period so it may not have been active for your other attacks

=>_>=

*FIREBALLS snarky*

Fiery Embrace used to work like Embrace of Fire (the Dominator version) and gave a straight damage boost. The exact boost varied by AT but for Scrappers it was 100% boost to fire damage for 20 seconds and 80% boost to all other types of damage for 10 seconds. In Issue 18 it was changed to add additional fire damage to all your attacks (but the old +dam version was kept in PvP). The way this is accomplished is by setting a "global chance mod" from 0% to 100% for any power with the "Fiery Embrace" tag in order to tell the game to add the extra fire damage. Unfortunately this means adding that information to every single damage power Scrappers can use so it's probably an oversight that Scrapper epic and pool powers don't have the tags, especially since Fiery Embrace's description says it "causes all your damaging powers to do bonus fire damage."

TL;DR: FE used to affect pool powers back when it was a damage buff and those powers never had the correct flags added to them when FE got changed 13 years ago.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 8/5/2023 at 3:29 AM, kelika2 said:

Why a scrapper? That combo gives you 7.5 def to all positions & types when storm kick hits as a brute

Edited by Chance Jackson