Is Market Inefficiency Causing Salvage Price Spiral?

Herotu

5 hours ago, Uun said:

Enhancement Converters: can be purchased at 3 per merit and sold for 60,000 to 75,000 inf each (180,000 to 225,000 inf per merit)

Enhancement Unslotters can be purchased at 2 per merit and sold for 75,000 to 125,000 inf each (150,000 to 250,000 inf per merit)

Enhancement Boosters:  can be purchased at 5 merits each and sold for 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 inf each (200,000 to 300,000 inf per merit)

Also check out the event enhancements at the merit vendor.  They cost 100 reward merits each, and can sell for 20-25 million.  That can be a better deal than special salvage, depending on price fluctuation.

edit:  All things being equal, selling one enhancement is also easier on the wrist than selling 300 converters.

Edited by Intrinsic
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, WuTang said:

Brand new, bout 2 weeks in. Got one toon to 35 last night.

My first impression of the market...overly complicated, but doable once I understood how it works. However, on Everlasting, I can't seem to keep my head above the water. If not for the occasional purple drop I'd be net zero. I'm assuming inf comes alot easier, as with most games, at max level. But what is it that you guys sell that nets you the 10s of millions? Until. I learned how the market worked I wasn't enjoying the game too terribly much as I couldn't even keep 1 guy up with enhancements.

Are you using the 2xp experience bonus from P2W? If so, you are not getting Influence drops from mobs in missions, only the other loots -- regular enhancements and invention salvage & recipes.

Be sure to spend your reward merits well; as others have indicated, they're not worth spending to directly buy normal invention recipes, or even ATO's and normal purples. Always ask yourself, can I get this cheaper from the market if merits are worth 200K each? The answer is usually "Yes, a lot cheaper."

Finally, there's some good information on how to use converters to make rare/unique IO's for yourself or to sell at a profit. It's easy. Here's a thread on one specific kind of sellable you can easily make. 

And here is a YT video on the same topic, starting from absolutely nothing. 

On 1/26/2024 at 11:27 AM, WuTang said:

However, on Everlasting, I can't seem to keep my head above the water. If not for the occasional purple drop I'd be net zero.

If you're selling purples you already have everything you need to make as much inf as you want. Sell a purple, spend the inf crafting uncommon set IOs and converting them to rares with converters, and sell the rares. The margins on this are so absurd if you know how to pick the recipes that I often make back the initial investment before I've even listed everything, and even if you have no idea what recipes to pick it's still practically impossible to not make a profit.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:09 PM, nzer said:

If you're selling purples you already have everything you need to make as much inf as you want. Sell a purple, spend the inf crafting uncommon set IOs and converting them to rares with converters, and sell the rares. The margins on this are so absurd if you know how to pick the recipes that I often make back the initial investment before I've even listed everything, and even if you have no idea what recipes to pick it's still practically impossible to not make a profit.

Dude.... I blew 30 converters yesterday trying to do just that. Epic fail on my part. I've read so many post about it but the jargen...might as well be Greek to me.

10 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Dude.... I blew 30 converters yesterday trying to do just that. Epic fail on my part. I've read so many post about it but the jargen...might as well be Greek to me.

It helps to know what IOs are in each category. If I'm starting with an uncommon, I'll generally convert within rarity until I get something guaranteed to give me a rare if I convert within category. Some categories only have 1 uncommon and 1 rare set at any level range, giving you a 100% chance of getting a rare if you convert an uncommon within category (i.e., Defense Debuff, ToHit Debuff, Threat, Running, Leaping, Flight).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I've actually got a mod to help with that. The standalone 'Rare Roulette Quick Reference' popmenu from this thread serves as a handy in-game reference when converting from uncommon to rares. For the true conversion enthusiast, there is a full 'Conversion Possibilities' menu available there as well, but for beginners I'd recommend sticking to the Rare Roulette QR menu.

• 1 month later

Yeah its my fault too. Im impatient and given that I task force on 50s exclusively and fun my converter crafting exclusively with merits, I can afford to spend 3k on common, 22k on uncommon salvage just to bump my order to the top of the stack on weekend prime time so I dont have to wait an hour for the damn AH to troll through listings and fill my order.