Why do we have debt????

savair

Well, it's like this. You can't be trusted as borrower unless you have debt already. Being in debt shows your willingness to be in further debt and that's what makes our global economy run.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Debt now is merely a badge.  My first character was a fire/fire blaster and spent most of the time in debt on live.    Now on a team, if I faceplant, I'm usually free of debt by the time I get back up.

The badges are part of the requirements for getting the rez power from the p2w for free and one of the red side Accolades.  (There may be more)

On 8/23/2023 at 4:41 PM, KC4800 said:

Speaking of old blaster, I really miss the old defiance sometimes.

The only time that ever worked was after I was dead and couldn’t use it anymore.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

1 hour ago, A Cat said:

Never dropped from max height to get that 1hp defiance attack?

"Tell any healer not to heal you!"

- Ridiculous live dev advice to the glass cannons.

Yeah, I went into DA, dropped from a skyscraper into a canyon and blasted whatever was down there. It was amusing for a few seconds. But that's about it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

17 minutes ago, Greycat said:

"Tell any healer not to heal you!"

- Ridiculous live dev advice to the glass cannons.

Yeah... I remember having to ask that.  And having to be really careful about when I healed Blasters while on my Empath.  It worked well... as long as you were ok with pretending Blasters had a max HP that was a quarter of what it is now.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:56 PM, UltraAlt said:

So you are for an increase the the amount of debt you get for falling in battle?

How about cutting off the x2 XP and zeroing out all patrol XP when you get debt?

Is that good enough?

Would you rather have it turn off all XP gain for an hour if you fall in battle?

Back when the game first came out, there was no x2 xp booster or patrol XP.

If you weren't a damage dealer, it was really hard to get influence because it was based on damage done.

There was no market.

I had characters that had so little influence (non-damage dealers, especially heal-focused Empathy Defenders) that when they reached their lower teens, they didn't have enough influence to fully slot training enhances. I think I had a character that was like half slotted until the Wentworths went live.

Debt was crippling. It seemed to take forever to get out of debt back then.

And, as you might imagine, with only half slotted with trainings only, it was pretty easy to end up defeated in battle.

So you are correct that debt doesn't mean all that much at this point.

So I'm back to, are you asking for a stronger punishment for defeats?

Reading about the way it was in the old days reminds me how much better it is under HC.  The Hollows SUCKED on a Controller, waiting there by the entrance for a tank to materialize, hoping somebody lets you on the team because you're one of 2200 Grav/Kins lingering around the Hollows, and if you DO get picked up, all 8 teammates have the same mission, so you repeat it 5 times and right when YOURS would be next, the team disbands... next thing you know, you see all your former teammates flitting around and they're +3 levels to you and now your mission is -2 so nobody wants to complete it and you can't solo it and... jeesus.   I would have shitcanned this game in four hours if I hadn't rolled a Blaster.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!