Location of ".bin" files?

My instinct was to point you to this (and it may still be useful), but I'll take a look at my install real quick.

There's a BIN folder in the root of the installation folder. For me, that's located in C:\Games\CoX\Homecoming. If you're not sure where you've installed it, then right click your icon for the game and look at the path.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 8/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, therealnaganrhys said:

Can anyone tell me where Homecoming's "*.bin" files are located, starting with "C://"?

I've looked in "Games\Homecoming", "%APPDATA%", and I've done a pretty comprehensive search, but I've had no luck...

Thanks!

Eh... what are you looking for? Do you mean the .exe file?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

As far as I know most (or perhaps all) of the .bin files are packed into the .pigg files, which are in <CoH Root Folder>\assets and the various subfolders therein according to the server assets they contain. You'll need a pigg viewer to access the pigg files and extract any bin files you need. You can try this thread for some pigg viewer suggestions, the most recent posts are the most relevant:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/5405-piggviewer/

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

As far as I know most (or perhaps all) of the .bin files are packed into the .pigg files, which are in <CoH Root Folder>\assets and the various subfolders therein according to the server assets they contain. You'll need a pigg viewer to access the pigg files and extract any bin files you need. You can try this thread for some pigg viewer suggestions, the most recent posts are the most relevant:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/5405-piggviewer/

Just what I was looking for, thanks!

• 1 month later

A lot of the data that .bin files contain has been documented over at Ourodev.com.  Looking that website over might be easier than trying to decode or reverse engineer the .bin files. I remember running across a fairly decent post detailing an attempt at decoding the .bin files. You can probably find it if you google for it.