Lusca

For all the work you do to take down Lusca, chasing 8 arms around to different spots, the payout currently makes it the worst value of any other GM.

Rather than raising the payout for just the head, and having people come by just to do that, why not make each arm payout 1 merit along the way?

Simple fix. Inspired by someone attempting to recruit for Lusca as we speak,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

I think one per arm and two for the head would work best; that makes ten for a full clear. One per arm and the current six for the head would be fourteen, more than even both Jack in Irons and Eochai, and the War in the Vale event has you clearing several waves of mobs, too.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I think one per arm and two for the head would work best; that makes ten for a full clear. One per arm and the current six for the head would be fourteen, more than even both Jack in Irons and Eochai, and the War in the Vale event has you clearing several waves of mobs, too.

Other GM's, even the Jack and Eochai doublure feature, can generally be managed by a single team. Whenever I've participated in a Lusca it's always been a league affair. I dunno, maybe it's possible for one team to take it on, but I feel like the extra effort and annoyance warrants the head still paying out 6 as a bonus for completion. Or at least enough that it should pay out better than Adamastor.

Edited by SpookTheHerd

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

1 hour ago, SpookTheHerd said:

Other GM's, even the Jack and Eochai doublure feature, can generally be managed by a single team. Whenever I've participated in a Lusca it's always been a league affair. I dunno, maybe it's possible for one team to take it on, but I feel like the extra effort and annoyance warrants the head still paying out 6 as a bonus for completion. Or at least enough that it should pay out better than Adamastor.

One team can handle Lusca. Only reason I ever see a league is that there are more than 8 people interested.

But I agree - Adamastor should be down to 6, Lusca needs to be higher.

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

do the arms regenerate?

No.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, SpookTheHerd said:

Most GMs can be solo'd. I can solo lusca tentacles. The brain is too big of a HP bag so Regen is just too high.

So yes. Raise merit reward for brain to 100.

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:
16 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

My name is Lusca

I live on the seabed floor

I live downstream from you

Yes, I think you've seen me before.

Otherwise, I agree.  I think each tentacle should be worth something.

Expand  

Now, do it in Haiku.

Eight and one you see

I'm the terror of the sea

Your ports will feed me

How's that? (I really, really suck at haiku....)

While I agree that the reward for Lusca should be higher, I still disagree that the Tentacles should be part of that reward (other than the trivial xp/inf rewards). One issue is that you do not need to kill all the Tentacles. The head becomes vulnerable after six of them. If the tentacles each gave a merit, you would end up with fights between players who want to squeeze every merit out of the encounter as possible and players who just want the Devilfish badge and don't care about 2 more merits.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

Eh reward creep isn't something I think we need.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Eh reward creep isn't something I think we need.

I wouldn't call it reward creep. It's not pushing everything - it's increasing for something that takes more time and effort (and as I mentioned, if we lowered Adamastor to 6, he'd be in line with every other single-entity GM.) Lusca is, in essence, a set of GMs as opposed to one (and a set you need to chase between a few points and dedicate more time to to defeat.)

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Most GMs take 1-2 minutes and give 6 merits.  Adamastor gives 10 merits for about a minute but is on a timer meaning he is available many more times per day than other GMs.  Seed of Hamidon is worth a measly 5 merits for over 10 minutes of battle.  Lusca can easily take 10-15 minutes for 6 merits.

Its not necessary for rewards to be increased but mission arcs and TFs get rewards adjusted based on their time investment,  it wouldnt be much of a stretch to see Lusca and Seed of Hamidon adjusted based off their increased kill times.

41 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Most GMs take 1-2 minutes and give 6 merits.  Adamastor gives 10 merits for about a minute but is on a timer meaning he is available many more times per day than other GMs.  Seed of Hamidon is worth a measly 5 merits for over 10 minutes of battle.  Lusca can easily take 10-15 minutes for 6 merits.

Its not necessary for rewards to be increased but mission arcs and TFs get rewards adjusted based on their time investment,  it wouldnt be much of a stretch to see Lusca and Seed of Hamidon adjusted based off their increased kill times.

You mean, give players a reason to go after the Seed? Usually, trying to find a team to go after the Seed of Hamidon is harder than trying to find volunteers to feed themselves to lions. Only rarely do I ever see a Seed team form, and it is always badgers going for the badges. (Which is what I try to find a team for, so no complaints about that part.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/27/2023 at 3:39 PM, SwitchFade said:

Solid! You won, your reward is .. 6 merits.

On 8/27/2023 at 1:19 PM, Rudra said:

Eight and one you see

I'm the terror of the sea

Your ports will feed me

How's that? (I really, really suck at haiku....)

"Haikus are easy

But sometimes they don't make sense

Refrigerator"  

-- Rolf Nelson

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I vote  yes for this. But I think it needs to be a broader balance sweep for all GMs to have their merit rewards adjusted based on time, effort, and difficulty. Not asking for reward creep, just want all GMs to give their fair share of merits. This will increase interest in the often avoided/ignored GMs. 

Edited by Marbing

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

On 8/28/2023 at 11:01 AM, Rudra said:

You mean, give players a reason to go after the Seed? Usually, trying to find a team to go after the Seed of Hamidon is harder than trying to find volunteers to feed themselves to lions.

As one option to increase interest, make each type of seedling award one merit for defeat on a 7-day timer. Yes, people would be able to farm the seedlings, but at a max of four merits a week, it's going to be overshadowed by going after other GMs.

• 5 months later