An interesting idea or just madness?

MamaKanga

I know this idea will open up a can of worms, please just don't destroy me if it is a bad or ridiculous idea.

I was talking with a friend today and she plays "that other popular mmorpg game" and we are talking about cooking and recipes. Has anyone considered making a  place in the base where characters can "cook" recipes that would increase health or stamina and could be carried in the salvage area?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not that you can increase health or stamina with it but the Empowerment Station in your base can load you up on numerous buffs.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Empowerment_Station#Available_Empowerments

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

30 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Not that you can increase health or stamina with it but the Empowerment Station in your base can load you up on numerous buffs.

This is a lot of what the OP asked for and then a ton more.  Yes Health and Stamina are not directly affected but if you increase all your armor and all sorts of other buffs protecting health and endurance…..

3 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

One of the base buffs is a recovery increase. There's no corresponding regeneration increase though.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 8/30/2023 at 5:46 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

One of my favorite elements in my bases.  That said, the idea of creating a bit of a look to it, like a chemistry set or kitchen, would be appreciated.  It's a bit cold and sterile to just go to it, put the required elements in, and get the effects requested.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As others have pointed out you have some options to create buffs (and debuffs IIRC) but they look pretty... dull.

I love the idea of jazzing up those stations to give them some character.

I'd also like to point out that ideas can be interesting because of their madness 👺🧞‍♂️🦏

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:51 AM, Techwright said:

One of my favorite elements in my bases.  That said, the idea of creating a bit of a look to it, like a chemistry set or kitchen, would be appreciated.  It's a bit cold and sterile to just go to it, put the required elements in, and get the effects requested.

Can always base-edit the station into something more appealing.  I just threw together a mystic empowerment station in my base real quick to give it some flair. I don't use tech items very much because I hate listening to them, but the same can be done to spice it up.

screenshot_230904-11-52-29.thumb.jpg.797d7c7fe95fa275e948e5eaa923fb0b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

The pot brownies @Oubliette_Red makes with that thing are amazing.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 8/30/2023 at 4:23 PM, MamaKanga said:

Has anyone considered making a  place in the base where characters can "cook" recipes that would increase health or stamina

The health and endurance inspirations cover this. They were part of the game before the invention (crafting) system started.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:23 PM, MamaKanga said:

could be carried in the salvage area?

And they can be held in inspiration storage https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Inspiration_Storage

So both of those are already covered, but I do understand how these "items" are crafted in other games.

On 9/4/2023 at 11:15 AM, Scarlet Shocker said:

I love the idea of jazzing up those stations to give them some character.

Here's some workstation options.

How about in an arcade cabinet?

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.09.06 - 16.33.05.14.jpg

Or a soda machine?

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.09.06 - 16.43.52.92.jpg

[Back view of the soda machine]

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.09.06 - 17.12.53.63.jpg

or maybe in an oven?

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.09.06 - 17.06.18.44.jpg

I'm sure there are some bases somewhere they took time to dress up the empowerment stations too.

[edit|

Found one.

City of Heroes Screenshot 2023.09.06 - 17.35.16.11.jpg

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Here's some workstation options.

Perhaps, instead of tying an empowerment station to a single item, a generic disk or square could be developed that could be overlayed with any element or combination of elements in the base builder.  Clicking on the vertical cylindrical or cubical field that passes through these objects would trigger access to the empowerment station.  That way base builders can have maximum creativity, hopefully without forcing the development team to spend much time creating items.

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

Perhaps, instead of tying an empowerment station to a single item

Well, all the workstation pictures I posed have workstations in them.

The one in the soda machine is turned around backwards.

I agree that the empowerment station is a bit harder to hide.

At the same time, I think the point is that anyone that enters a base should be able to figure out where the basic amenities are.

If you hide them too much, then people won't be able to use them and go looking for other bases that make access easy instead.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Tastey Slush has the two best flavors evar; Cherry and Blue Raspberry!

Effff.  Now I gotta run to 7-11.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)