The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Female thugs please

Jacktar

Apologies if this has been suggested previously, most of my MM alts are female and I would love to have a bunch of female thugs summoned out causing mayhem!

However I guess this would mean a lot of coding stuff so ask in hope but with understanding if it never happens

Over in the mastermind forum we've had several request for the same sort of thing.  MM henchmen are a sausage fest, and that's not healthy.

One request had an interesting wrinkle:  make new power sets for MMs instead of relying on "customization" to get new models.  I don't know if that would help, but I guess it might since we have new power sets for other ATs.  Instead of focusing on how to make female thugs through customization, just make a new MM set "Girl Gang" where you add the new models to a powerset to make the female models.  It could have exactly the same stats as Thugs, or could be different, but if this gets female models for MMs I think it's acceptable either way.

Besides a girl street gang like thugs, I'd also like a female Syndicate set.  There's a ton of models that could be used.  Also a mixed gender Syndicate set modeled on the current Thugs would be great.

Some other ideas for other MM sets:

Ninjas: female models using the Warrior costume ("Women Warriors"?) parts would be excellent.  The Sorcerer could use parts from the female imperial dynasty set.  I've also seen requests for "modern ninjas" that look like Crey or Knives of Artemis.  Either of those would be great.

Undead: not a lot of ideas, but a less medieval looking set that uses the costume creator to make some modernish zombies, more Shawn of the Dead look, would be OK, with mixed gender summons.

Demons and Beasts: I got no ideas for female versions.

Mercenaries: could obviously be done with female costume parts from the CC.  Again just use the same powers and AI with new models.

Robots: ok time for a weird one.  Basically a sailor scout expy.  Use the CC to make legally-not sailor moon characters, change the robot pew pew to VFX from Energy Blast, change the Mender Robot to a Light Fairy pet model and I think you're 80% of the way there.  And also obviously Praetorian Robots with a mixed gender summons would be a great addition.

2 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

How do you know the demons and wolves aren't females? (The lionesses definitely are. After all, a male lion is a lion, not a lioness.) (Edit: Well, except for the Demon Prince since prince typically denotes male. Though I do need to point out it doesn't always. Prince, Lord, and King have even been used to denote females, just not historically. In the rare anime, some video games, and fantasy games including D&D, you will find females under the heading of Princes, Kings, and Lords. Typically when referring to demons, elementals, and other non-humans.)

2 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

Robots: ok time for a weird one.  Basically a sailor scout expy.  Use the CC to make legally-not sailor moon characters, change the robot pew pew to VFX from Energy Blast, change the Mender Robot to a Light Fairy pet model and I think you're 80% of the way there.  And also obviously Praetorian Robots with a mixed gender summons would be a great addition.

I'm not following. Since the bots themselves are not built to reflect human gender, they can already be female, male, or whatever. And if you specifically want a gynoid, why not just use the Praetorian Clockwork/War Works?

Edited by Rudra

Barring odd power emanation points, like the assault bot's shoulder missile racks, if, and this is a huge "if", they can nail down pet customization, so many different concepts could be realized in-game.  And before anyone chimes in about "oh but people would just create female minions to abuse them", that behavior is already against the ToS/RoC, so if someone did such a thing, report them and move on...

Edited by biostem

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

Barring odd power emanation points, like the assault bot's shoulder missile racks, if, and this is a huge "if", they can nail down pet customization, so many different concepts could be realized in-game.  And before anyone chimes in about "oh but people would just create female minions to abuse them", that behavior is already against the ToS/RoC, so if someone did such a thing, report them and move on...

For the Assault Bot's missiles, you can just have the missile power pop a shoulder-fired missile launcher to keep the emanation point the same. Edit: Wouldn't be the first time a power added a feature to justify its effect, though the primary examples are all temp powers.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

A shameless plug for giving us the option of making individual costumes for our mastermind henchmen would be something I could support.

If you've ever seen Bridesmaids, I could see the MM wearing a wedding dress and the rest of her gal gang in god awful bridesmaid dresses getting into shenanigans with her. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, and Rose Byrne would likely all approve.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

Over in the mastermind forum we've had several request for the same sort of thing.  MM henchmen are a sausage fest, and that's not healthy.

One request had an interesting wrinkle:  make new power sets for MMs instead of relying on "customization" to get new models.  I don't know if that would help, but I guess it might since we have new power sets for other ATs.  Instead of focusing on how to make female thugs through customization, just make a new MM set "Girl Gang" where you add the new models to a powerset to make the female models.  It could have exactly the same stats as Thugs, or could be different, but if this gets female models for MMs I think it's acceptable either way.

Besides a girl street gang like thugs, I'd also like a female Syndicate set.  There's a ton of models that could be used.  Also a mixed gender Syndicate set modeled on the current Thugs would be great.

Some other ideas for other MM sets:

Ninjas: female models using the Warrior costume ("Women Warriors"?) parts would be excellent.  The Sorcerer could use parts from the female imperial dynasty set.  I've also seen requests for "modern ninjas" that look like Crey or Knives of Artemis.  Either of those would be great.

Undead: not a lot of ideas, but a less medieval looking set that uses the costume creator to make some modernish zombies, more Shawn of the Dead look, would be OK, with mixed gender summons.

Mercenaries: could obviously be done with female costume parts from the CC.  Again just use the same powers and AI with new models.

Just to Say, Demon Lore Pets have female Succubus, so theres that ^^

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

• 4 weeks later

I think it would be cool to have customization tabs for henchmen. Especially with Thugs, so when you summon them, they always come out looking a certain way instead of randomized. Especially when you give your henchmen names and their look keeps changing  😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mankar89 said:

I think it would be cool to have customization tabs for henchmen. Especially with Thugs, so when you summon them, they always come out looking a certain way instead of randomized. Especially when you give your henchmen names and their look keeps changing  😁

i have wanted this since city of villains launch.  Sadly I don't think henchmen customizations are coming any time soon. 

• Sad 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 11/22/2023 at 6:57 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

A shameless plug for giving us the option of making individual costumes for our mastermind henchmen would be something I could support.

If you've ever seen Bridesmaids, I could see the MM wearing a wedding dress and the rest of her gal gang in god awful bridesmaid dresses getting into shenanigans with her. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, and Rose Byrne would likely all approve.

I would love to have a variety of dress up bots.  Insect types could be cool too.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

• 3 weeks later
On 12/17/2023 at 5:59 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

umm I dunno if this has been suggested but would it be possible for the summons to match the gender of the summoner?

Good idea. 

COH bomp bomp: 

On 12/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, BrandX said:

They should also be catgirls!

Cat you imagine Atlas park full of catgirls?  Can you imagine atlas park FULL OF CATGIRLS!

COH bomp bomp: 

If I was asked for a mostly female monstrous minion set to implement, I'd be more inclined to name some insects. Spiders are kinda taken but soldier ants are female, have a queen, and we already have a very nice chitin costume set to base them on. (Bias warning, my main alt uses it) - wasps sound like they'd look a bit dumb but with much of the world stressing over asian hornets maybe something could be done with those.

ah yes it is time again, time to ask for custom pets

Dear Homecoming team,
please give us customizable MM pets we all have been good boys, girls and none binaries all year.
i know christmas has already passed but we really wished for Custom MM pets since forever.
Thank you in advance

sincerelly,
the MM players who wish for custom pets

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

11 minutes ago, Crossie said:

And replace Lioness with Lions!  

MEOW!

Just rename the lionesses as Mountain Lion 1 and Mountain Lion 2. To the best of my knowledge, only African lions get the mane.

14 minutes ago, Crossie said:

No.  I want lions.

Sure, I'm fine with getting male African lions as Beast Mastery pet models. All I'm saying is you can already have male lions.

Randobots . . . Roll out!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)