Focused Feedback: Sheathed/Holstered/Custom Weapons

• Developer

Custom Weapons

• All weapon sets currently in the game now have sheathed/holstered weapon support. Yay! ๐ŸŽ‰

ย 

Holstered Bows

• Holstered Bows toggle option now available.

Holstered Beam Rifles

• ย Holstered Beam Rifles toggle option now available.

Holstered Pulse Rifles

• Pulse Rifle has been folded into the Assault Rifle/Munition Rifle FX and it now has access to all of the same weapon models as those sets.
  • Holstered Pulse Rifles toggle option now available.

Holstered Dual Pistols

• Holstered Dual Pistols toggle option now available.

ย 

New Custom Weapons

• The following weapon models have been added as custom weapon options:

Arachnos Mace

• Rikti Bladerifle

Arachnos / Assault / Munitions / Pulse Rifles

• Devastator
  • Shard Cannon
  • Shock Rifle

Broadsword

• Red Cap Dagger
  • Thorn Blade 2
  • Circle of Thorns Sword

Beam Rifle

• Legacy Assault Rifle
  • Assault Rifle
  • Legacy Merc. Assault Weapon
  • Merc. Assault Weapon
  • Silenced Merc. Assault Weapon
  • Mk. II Merc. Assault Weapon
  • Military Assault Rifle
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Malta Sniper Rifle
  • Tommy Gun
  • Council Assault Weapon
  • Council Sub-Machine Gun
  • Nemesis Rifle
  • Nemesis Rifle 2
  • Vanguard Rifle w/Bayonet
  • Elite Vanguard Rifle w/Bayonet
  • Crey Laser Rifle
  • Crey Pulse Blaster
  • Rikti Blaster
  • Rikti Cannon

Dual Pistols

• Praetorian Resistance Blaster
  • Rikti Blaster
  • Crey Pistol
  • Circle of Thorns Crossbow
  • Hand Crossbow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Widower unlocked this topic

Only major suggestion I can offer is to make the Rikti Bladerifle a usable option for Broadsword, Battle Axe and War Mace.

ย 

Would be great for people wanting to play Rikti-themed characters without forcing them to go SoA for the ranged attacks.

• Like 1

Well I wanted holstered pistols and I got hip attached pistols.ย  I will take what I can get.ย  Options are good to have and on my non-dual holster belt people it will work.

ย 

Draw animations clear it from the hip so awesome.ย  Didn't see any delay in the render/de-render time.

ย 

Bravo and thanks.

Edited by High_Beam
form/from spelling Issue I seem to have
  • Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

ย 

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

7 hours ago, MGoblin256 said:

Only major suggestion I can offer is to make the Rikti Bladerifle a usable option for Broadsword, Battle Axe and War Mace.

ย 

Would be great for people wanting to play Rikti-themed characters without forcing them to go SoA for the ranged attacks.

There are already rikti weapons for battle axe, broadsword, and katana, if someone wanted to make a rikti-themed character.

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

5 hours ago, Crasical said:

There are already rikti weapons for battle axe, broadsword, and katana, if someone wanted to make a rikti-themed character.

There are, which is good for people who want to use the old models. I still think the Bladerifle should be proliferated to the other weapon sets for those wanting to use the more modern option, especially if they want to pair it off with Mace Mastery for proper immersion. At the very least, I think it should be added to War Mace to facilitate that.

• Developer
On 1/21/2024 at 5:16 PM, Lockely said:

With slightly higher than average Physique scales, many (but not all) of the holstered weapons heavily clip into the upper back. Chest and Shoulder scaling can alleviate or exacerbate this depending on how you fiddle with it.

ย 

image.thumb.png.c0ef3aff40af69ed984460410a7aa5a4.png

This is currently a technical engine limitation, unfortunately.
Back items don't take scaling, so the weapons are not able to be aware of any body slider changes.

If that were to change in the future with code improvements, I'd redo all the weapons to take advantage of it, but at this moment not something that's doable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back?ย Volunteer as a Game Master!ย Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

On 11/22/2023 at 11:51 AM, The Curator said:

Holstered Dual Pistols

• Holstered Dual Pistols toggle option now available.

ย 

Dual Pistols>pistols

ย 

All of the pistols I've checked, except for the 6 Semi-auto ones, do a twirl when you draw before using a power.

The Semi-autos get the twirl on the other power, but the draw on pistols - the hands come up empty and the then pistols appear in the character's hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Developer
32 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

ย 

Dual Pistols>pistols

ย 

All of the pistols I've checked, except for the 6 Semi-auto ones, do a twirl when you draw before using a power.

The Semi-autos get the twirl on the other power, but the draw on pistols - the hands come up empty and the then pistols appear in the character's hands.

Which body type? Weapon FX are separate per body type so I'll have to look at the specific ones.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back?ย Volunteer as a Game Master!ย Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

4 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Which body type? Weapon FX are separate per body type so I'll have to look at the specific ones.

ย 

male, female, and huge

ย 

ย 

Edited by UltraAlt
logged into beta and checked all body types.
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Is there any way we can get the bow to hang at a slight angle, currently it looks a bit awkward IMO since the part where the string should be, is either in my head, or would be wrapped around my head when I fly

bowclip.PNG

bowclip2.PNG

Edited by Riot Siren

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalkerย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tankย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapperย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Fio Runeย  FIre/Rad Stalkerย 

On 11/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, The Curator said:

Arachnos / Assault / Munitions / Pulse Rifles

• Devastator
  • Shard Cannon
  • Shock Rifle

I realize this is a little tangent, but just to beg a little, while all this proliferation is going on, can we maybe get a Shard Cannon that doesn't have the laser sights?ย  Those always look so wonky.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2023 at 1:51 AM, The Curator said:

Praetorian Resistance Blaster

ย 

I've wanted these forever.

ย 

So far they are working great both in sheathed and unsheathed versions. No bugs yet encountered.

ย 

My only critical feedback is that it would be nice to have a version that allows color tinting, but I'm happy to have them on my Praetorian Resistance-themed Poison/DP Defender.

I feel like the angle of the holstered bows should really be parallel to the angle of the quiver, they look a little strange in their current position.

"Minimal FX Everything!"

ย 

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

ย 

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

Since we have dual pistols/ tactical arrow possibilities , could we have tactical arrows work with the crossbow and pistol crossbows somehow? Having a pair of pistol crossbows on your belt and both a bow and quiver on your back is just a bit busy. Tactical arrow could be Tactical Bolts if you have dual pistols ๐Ÿค”

New weapon options are always welcome. My only suggestion would be that we get in the future a option to switch the weapon shoulder side. So a option to carry one weapon

on the left side and one on the right shoulder.ย  Don"t need a full animation just the option to carry 2 weapons on the back without clipping. Overall low priority but just a idea.

ย 

The only option I fiound that dosen"t look hilarious was the combination of the Rikti Bladeknife with the Rikti Blaster on the right side.

shoulder.jpg

• Developer
On 1/31/2024 at 11:06 AM, Colette Valiant said:

On all models, if you choose holstered Dual Pistols/Tactical Arrow, the holstered bow vanishes and remains invisible.

We've investigated this issue, which is a result of Blasters having access to 5+ possible weapons from sets and players only having 4 total weapon slots on their costume's data format, so this has now become a hard-coded problem requiring some involved adjustments to resolve.

I can confirm it's on our radar, and we're looking into it, but this won't be fixed in time for Page 7 unfortunately, it's not possible to resolve with things setup as they are currently.

This issue is due to a weapon slot overlap, it wasn't caused by any recent sheathed/holstered changes, just made more visible.

• Like 2

Red side, best side!

On 2/9/2024 at 7:50 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

We've investigated this issue, which is a result of Blasters having access to 5+ possible weapons from sets and players only having 4 total weapon slots on their costume's data format, so this has now become a hard-coded problem requiring some involved adjustments to resolve.

I can confirm it's on our radar, and we're looking into it, but this won't be fixed in time for Page 7 unfortunately, it's not possible to resolve with things setup as they are currently.

This issue is due to a weapon slot overlap, it wasn't caused by any recent sheathed/holstered changes, just made more visible.

ย 

Yikes!

ย 

Well, glad I mentioned it, though it's the sort of obvious thing someone would'a brought up sooner or later. Hmm... let's see: assault rifle, beam rifle, dual pistols, ninja training, tactical arrow... yup, that's five! (Not counting Archery as it's the same weapon.) I can see how this would get involved.

ย 

Just curious: will ancillaries mace mastery and munitions mastery compound this problem?

Edited by Colette Valiant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Idk if this is the place to ask or not or if its too late, but a rocket launcher weapon customization for LRM rocket would be really cool. I don't think the council or 5th ones have any markings on their rocket launcher model.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ญ

1 hour ago, Super Atom said:

Idk if this is the place to ask or not or if its too late, but a rocket launcher weapon customization for LRM rocket would be really cool. I don't think the council or 5th ones have any markings on their rocket launcher model.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

I think there would be issues with that one since LRM Rocket and Arsenal Mastery use the same Assault Rifle as, well, Assault Rifle.ย  The rocket launchers used by the Council/5th/Destroyers have their own set of animations due to being shoulder mounted and not held like LRM's Sniper Rifle animations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

ย 

I think there would be issues with that one since LRM Rocket and Arsenal Mastery use the same Assault Rifle as, well, Assault Rifle.ย  The rocket launchers used by the Council/5th/Destroyers have their own set of animations due to being shoulder mounted and not held like LRM's Sniper Rifle animations.

ย 

Well, it'd obviously need a separate animation for the rocket launcher but that already exists for power sets so i don't think it'd be difficult to do.

ย 

That does make me think about the redraw aspect of that though, It'd probably need to share a redraw timer with whatever weapon set you have as well. So basically, it's probably slightly too late to look at considering we're at release 1 ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Anyone hear anything about Blaster and dual pistols/tactical arrow bug that's existed forever? Seems like a great time to fix it.
On my defender and corruptor who have dual pistols/trick arrow I can see all weapons. On blaster you can either see one pistol and bow or both pistols and the bow is invisible.ย 
On beta server it is still that way right now. I have tried all combination of holstered or not and nothing fixes it.

ย 

I would even appreciate a heads up if for some reason its not fixable on blaster and we should never expect it.

give me my finger pistols!!! that's all i want!!!!ย  ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

ok maybe not all... but seriously, it looks like it just needs to be a small pistol grip that has one finger pointed. that's all i want!!! ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"ูˆุทู† ุงู„ู…ุฑุก ู„ูŠุณ ู…ูƒุงู† ูˆู„ุงุฏุชู‡ ูˆ ู„ูƒู†ู‡ ุงู„ู…ูƒุงู† ุงู„ุฐูŠ ุชู†ุชู‡ูŠ ููŠู‡ ูƒู„ ู…ุญุงูˆู„ุงุชู‡ ู„ู„ู‡ุฑูˆุจโ€

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

and can we get thorn sword 2 propagated to katana? it would look really good on my katana stalker, Poo on a Stick. ๐Ÿ˜…

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"ูˆุทู† ุงู„ู…ุฑุก ู„ูŠุณ ู…ูƒุงู† ูˆู„ุงุฏุชู‡ ูˆ ู„ูƒู†ู‡ ุงู„ู…ูƒุงู† ุงู„ุฐูŠ ุชู†ุชู‡ูŠ ููŠู‡ ูƒู„ ู…ุญุงูˆู„ุงุชู‡ ู„ู„ู‡ุฑูˆุจโ€

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz