any plans for a regen overhaul for scrappers/brutes?

victusfate

<Leans back in chair with cup of coffee>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath.  I remember when regen got nerfed back in live.  

Cuz of the PvP Crybabies on live. When they did Power Separation. (PvP & PvE versions).  They never really gave Regen a much a look at. It was on their to do list, but was not high up there. Then Sunset happened.

Honestly, if they just gave us Sentinel's version of it at Scrapper/Brute values.  He'll I'd take it at Sentinel values.  It would solve a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

Cuz of the PvP Crybabies on live. When they did Power Separation. (PvP & PvE versions).  They never really gave Regen a much a look at. It was on their to do list, but was not high up there. Then Sunset happened.

Honestly, if they just gave us Sentinel's version of it at Scrapper/Brute values.  He'll I'd take it at Sentinel values.  It would solve a lot.

I agree. If sentinel regen were ported to other ATs, I'd actually play it on something other then sentinels. 

Sent regen is definitely not getting ported because the devs have stated that they won't consider ANY amount of absorb in any regen revamp, not even the tiny amount that Sent Regen currently gets. And they'd even take it away from Sents too if the powerset ever got touched on other ATs. 

Besides the absorb part, we'd run into the whole "cottage rule" issue pretty hard just like Beanbag did. A lot of people really like the current design (clickiness) of Regen on non-Sents and they would raise quite a stink if that element ever got alleviated. 

So the best we can really do is try to give it buffs to the existing design paradigm and hope that they don't crush the Sentinel variant too hard when they decided to homogenize it to match the others. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

10 hours ago, FupDup said:

the whole "cottage rule" issue pretty hard just like Beanbag did. A lot of people really like the current design (clickiness) of Regen on non-Sents and they would raise quite a stink if that element ever got alleviated. 

The cottage was burned down a long time ago when Moment of Glory was nerfed for players but not for NPCs and when IH was made a click instead of a toggle.

Otherwise @victusfate this thread should realistically be in the suggestions/feedback section of the forums.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the feedback/info/commissary all!

Just something I noticed that bugged me while planning, I avoid Regen vs Willpower/Bio for self healing concepts and that feels weird. I don't mind most of the active powers, but wanted a more uptime out of IH, or higher regen on Fast Healing/Integration for baseline healing.

Oh agree on the thread location, can a mod move it?

Edited by victusfate
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

I herd Regen needs a Nerf.

I heard you like to troll.   But melee Regen no, it's been nerfed, nut kick, punched in the face, hot grease spilled on it, lit on fire, nerfed one more time, then gave one tiny small pat on the head.

Sentinel Regen, which was made by players back on hidden servers with new player made Sentinel class. That's pretty decent. (So is Sentinel Willpower)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to see the rez turned into something that triggers when you die and lets you keep fighting with negative HP and not die as long as you get back to positive before a timer runs out... maybe even gives a damage boost while below 0. 

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

4 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

I heard you like to troll.   But melee Regen no, it's been nerfed, nut kick, punched in the face, hot grease spilled on it, lit on fire, nerfed one more time, then gave one tiny small pat on the head.

Sentinel Regen, which was made by players back on hidden servers with new player made Sentinel class. That's pretty decent. (So is Sentinel Willpower)

Nerf Regen.

• Haha 2

On 11/26/2023 at 6:10 PM, FupDup said:

Besides the absorb part, we'd run into the whole "cottage rule" issue pretty hard just like Beanbag did. A lot of people really like the current design (clickiness) of Regen on non-Sents and they would raise quite a stink if that element ever got alleviated.

Meanwhile, /Dark controllers out-regen a Regen Scrapper when it actually matters.  But nah, let's not fix regen for the actual set built around the concept on the AT it was meant to be paired with.

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 11/26/2023 at 6:30 AM, victusfate said:

After reading up on regen, willpower and bio it's clear that regen could use a little help.

Maybe making IH a toggle and tuning up resilience a bit would help with taking more incoming damage?

Uhh, regen is literally immortal..... they have a 120 second cooldown self revive, as just a power they can rotate in. AND when they get up they are immune to damage for 15 seconds. AND they have moment of glory on also about a 2 minute cooldown. ANDDDDD you can get a 2nd revive with a 6 minute cooldown if you really wanted (but kind of overkill IMO).

They CAN'T be defeated. No matter what happens, no matter how bad it gets, a regen scrapper gets up and fights. 

It just takes a different way of thinking about death. For other characters it means they failed. For a regen scrapper it's just part of their power rotation lol.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, PancakeGnome said:

Uhh, regen is literally immortal..... they have a 120 second cooldown self revive, as just a power they can rotate in. AND when they get up they are immune to damage for 15 seconds. AND they have moment of glory on also about a 2 minute cooldown. ANDDDDD you can get a 2nd revive with a 6 minute cooldown if you really wanted (but kind of overkill IMO).

They CAN'T be defeated. No matter what happens, no matter how bad it gets, a regen scrapper gets up and fights. 

It just takes a different way of thinking about death. For other characters it means they failed. For a regen scrapper it's just part of their power rotation lol.

You know what would make Regen a very popular power pick:

If they get defeated, it doesn't count in the TF totals or invalidate a "Master of" with a no defeat clause.

27 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

Regen, the yo yo set. 

Basically, thematically it's like a zombie that can't die or something. They run into the hulk and instantly get torn in half and the audience thinks "welp, that was underwhelming".... but then the pieces come back together again and they laugh and a long battle of stamina begins. Eventually they win, because they are unkillable. 

Works the same in the game, you can run into a group of enemies and really hurt them before you go down. Then you get up with all your stuff recharged and 15 seconds of invulnerability and finish them off (or at least kill enough so you can regen off the rest of the damage). 

But the problem with diverse powers like this is that the untouchable superman tanks have set the bar for power. So the end game is about completely stomping everything as fast as possible without touching an inspiration or revive power..... a group of enemies lasts about 2 seconds as everyone tries to get their big AE's off first before they bunny hop to the next haha.

If you can't hang with that pace you are considered weak...