NCSOFT & Homecoming License Announcement

• City Council
8 minutes ago, Arcalian said:

Tequila will not longer be supported?  I assume we'll get instructions on what to do instead?

Hi there. You'll want to move over to the HC Launcher before support for Tequila ends. Instructions on how to install the HC Launcher for Windows or Mac may be found here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't really understand what this means overall, other than increased cost to cover the licensing fee and possible increase of server traffic for being "official" now. But clearly the team worked hard on this and lots of people are happy, so I'll add my glitter to the rain of confetti. 🙂

Congratulations and well done team! 

Coloden.png

You did it.

You bunch of mad, relentless, beautiful people really went and did it.

No more asterisks, no more legal or moral ambiguities hanging over our heads. Let it be shouted far and wide:

City of Heroes lives again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Finland 1
  • Microphone 1

Congrats! This is awesome!

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• City Council
42 minutes ago, kwsapphire said:

other than increased cost to cover the licensing fee

Just to clarify:

3 hours ago, Homecoming said:

Will Homecoming remain free and donation-funded?
We don’t currently foresee any changes to our funding model, as Homecoming is not required to pay any up-front or recurring license fees. We continue to be overwhelmed by the generosity of the community when it comes to keeping the server online.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

49 minutes ago, Conviction said:

Hi there. You'll want to move over to the HC Launcher before support for Tequila ends. Instructions on how to install the HC Launcher for Windows or Mac may be found here.

So, to clarify, the Mac launcher provided on this page will continue to work even though it says 3rd party? I hope Mac users can continue to play!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
1 minute ago, Jayn'ell said:

So, to clarify, the Mac launcher provided on this page will continue to work even though it says 3rd party? I hope Mac users can continue to play!!

It will continue to work!

• Like 1

Had to check my calendar, here in Spain we celebrate the Fools'Day on December 28th, fortunately we're already in January so it's for real, it's official!! YAY good news, congrats to all those involved on reaching this agreement!

Will HC see any additional options for collecting funding?  While I appreciate the current monthly method with the open/close window, I miss out sometimes.   I do not always get back here on the last Saturday of the month.

Can we have a subscription process?  I have always liked the sub process and paid for two accounts all the years the game was live. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up.