Winter Event

Ooooh, great idea.  Maybe we should run through them all here in a month, week of this, week of that, etc.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

They shoulda joined sooner!

Only kidding.

Seriously though, new players are busy trying to figure everything out - so I doubt they’d care one way or the other.

Besides, now they will have something to look forward to if they stick around.

22 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Ooooh, great idea.  Maybe we should run through them all here in a month, week of this, week of that, etc.

And the Halloween event.

• Like 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

4 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

ok just so i understand this correctly

make the holiday events last longer?

if so sure why not.

Is it possible to get more holidays in the mix?

Like lunar new year?

Ground Hogs Day.  Arbor day.  I am sure there are some trees that could be involved with that.

• Like 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

Mmm...

I am sadly, on the opposite camp. When you have an event, be Halloween or Winter, they have the attribute to pull in very large number of players into it, which creates a vacum that really makes it very hard to form groups to do Tfs. I would rather limit those events to a single week, maybe two, in order to allow players to have sufficient numbers of folks to partner with to do the game content.

Sorry sweetie....

Hugs

Sue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With a healthier population as we have now, that's less a problem, but more effectively, "holiday fatigue" is a very real thing that keeps the holiday conent from grinding the game to a halt as you seem to think it does; open up the Holiday events (in some fashion, that's a whole side topic) year-round and you'll never have to worry about not being to speed run another Yin or whatever due to those Holiday events *checks notes* "forcing" everyone to do something else that they want to. 

The game is now being run to not gate-keep anything from us: we all get capes and crazy auras at level 1, we can side-switch with a bird, and we all get endless IOs and purples with hardly any effort, hooray!  I love it!  They even have the ski chalet open year round.  So why not holiday stuff?  Plus we already have one holiday thing open 24/7: Summer Blockbuster.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

13 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Plus we already have one holiday thing open 24/7: Summer Blockbuster.

And my experience is trying to find a team to run a Summer Blockbuster is a pain in the keister. And I always have half the team out the gate when I try to get one going. Then look at the Halloween events and Winter events. Halfway through the events, with them not being available year round, it gets to be a pain to find enough people to do most anything in them.

Edit: Except for Murder Motel Trick-or-Treating. Even at the end of the event, there is still often half a league there. (Edit again: No, I am not advocating for year round ToT'ing. Players can get their power leveling done in other venues.)

Edited by Rudra

On 1/8/2024 at 10:38 AM, Grey-Ghost said:

Also it's winter. I miss the snow

Yeah, I wish the snow would stay around in Atlas for a while even if the Winter Event is turned off.

There is always the https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Ski_Chalet and https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Winter_Forest

Both of them are open year-round at this point.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

And my experience is trying to find a team to run a Summer Blockbuster is a pain in the keister.

I can't say that I've ever found filling the SBB to be an issue. (maybe one really slow night, but I think it ended up getting filled...)

When I'm on one, it's pretty much always recruiting the Pocket D.

When recruiting is slow, we throw out that you get a random Overwhelming Force Universal Damage enhancement at the end of the SBB.

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

And I always have half the team out the gate when I try to get one going

I'm not following this part.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:
4 hours ago, Rudra said:

And my experience is trying to find a team to run a Summer Blockbuster is a pain in the keister.

I can't say that I've ever found filling the SBB to be an issue. (maybe one really slow night, but I think it ended up getting filled...)

When I'm on one, it's pretty much always recruiting the Pocket D.

When recruiting is slow, we throw out that you get a random Overwhelming Force Universal Damage enhancement at the end of the SBB.

Can't say I've ever been that fortunate. Whether my friend does the recruiting or I do, we almost never even get a 3rd member. She's recruited in LFG, Everlasting TFs, and other channels. And after a half hour of no replies, we just do some random missions for the time we have left to play. I would say a little over 80% of the times we try to do a SBB, we can't for lack of just 2 more players.

8 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:
4 hours ago, Rudra said:

And I always have half the team out the gate when I try to get one going

I'm not following this part.

I have a friend that plays every Friday and Saturday. My other friends don't play very often because of RL. A SBB needs 4 players to do, and there are 2 of us trying to get others to join us to do it. So we have half the required team already before we start recruiting for it.

• Sad 1

On 1/8/2024 at 10:38 AM, Grey-Ghost said:

I was merely thinking of the Winter event because it just ended and it's fun and not as all-intensive as the Halloween event is. Also it's winter. I miss the snow

Very thoughtful of you, but don't we have some sort of Valentines event coming up?  I realize it is not as impactful as the Winter event, but still.

I do agree with the snow.  Frankly, I'd be all for a random day here or there where the snow returns, as if we just got a small snowstorm.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:37 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Is it possible to get more holidays in the mix?

Like lunar new year?

I could get onboard with this one.  Might fit reasonably well with missions involving the Tsoo, or the Korean hero team.