henchmen costumes?

Hi, I wish to address the fact that other masterminds have had costumes put onto their henchmen/pets, I thought that this was a really cool thing. I'm wondering how do I do it? I've looked on Youtube, I've asked in game, but not many seem to be overly helpful to leading me to my quarry, or even know that it is in fact possible for that matter. I wish to know from someone who knows how to do it, I'm not interested in being told that its not possible, as I've seen otherwise.

Edited by Lightbound5

• Game Master
26 minutes ago, Lightbound5 said:

Hi, I wish to address the fact that other masterminds have had costumes put onto their henchmen/pets, I thought that this was a really cool thing. I'm wondering how do I do it? I've looked on Youtube, I've asked in game, but not many seem to be overly helpful to leading me to my quarry, or even know that it is in fact possible for that matter. I wish to know from someone who knows how to do it, I'm not interested in being told that its not possible, as I've seen otherwise.

That feature doesn't exist on Homecoming I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

That feature doesn't exist on Homecoming I'm afraid.

But I've seen someone with differently costumed henchmen, how do you explain that? and no it wasn't a tsoo henchmen either, when a friend left the models turned into the thug henchmen. can you explain that? are there just simply names that change the appearence?

• Game Master
16 minutes ago, Lightbound5 said:

But I've seen someone with differently costumed henchmen, how do you explain that? and no it wasn't a tsoo henchmen either, when a friend left the models turned into the thug henchmen. can you explain that? are there just simply names that change the appearence?

Illusion controllers and dominators can use their existing costume slots to make their illusory pets look like themselves, but masterminds have no facility to change the character model.

12 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

Illusion controllers and dominators can use their existing costume slots to make their illusory pets look like themselves, but masterminds have no facility to change the character model.

regardless I've seen otherwise for masterminds, besides these people did it at one point, sure one was 3 years ago, but the other one was 1 year.  

and

sure both are not availible in the game now, but it was possible and as I've seen it still is (somehow). no dominators or controllers, but masterminds. if its not supposedly in the game at the moment, someone found a way. To say so I have noticed its that very few that know of it, but some know of it regardless, they found out how to do it (somehow). 3 people in two servers know of it or have done it that I know of.

Edited by Lightbound5

The different City of Heroes private servers run different code.  Those two videos are both about the Thunderspy server.  The Thunderspy devs wrote new code for the game to allow henchmen customization.  That code doesn't exist in Homecoming and has never existed in Homecoming, so it's not possible here.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

The different City of Heroes private servers run different code.  Those two videos are both about the Thunderspy server.  The Thunderspy devs wrote new code for the game to allow henchmen customization.  That code doesn't exist in Homecoming and has never existed in Homecoming, so it's not possible here.

then what did I see? if theres no customization of henchmen what did I see? certainly not certainly not the work of Illusion. I know that theres summonable henchmen that don't come from the mastermind tree, but the ones I saw turned into thugs of all things. if its not in the game explain how were charicters that are dismissed as if they had fallen in battle turned into thug henchmen of all things. I've run one Illusionist and the phantom army does not last as long as those henchmen. someone found a way regardless of there not being henchmen customization updated into the game itself.

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to figure all of this out. I know what I saw. one who knew something was the reunion server, tho he disappeared after, told me to look for trina the sculptress, the other two were in the server of torchbearer. Torchbearer is the one where I saw the seemingly customized henchmen, I won't give their names.

1 hour ago, Lightbound5 said:

they both were black skinned, with trench coats one with glasses the other with a bandana facemask, both wearing pants that go all the way down. both with long interesting names

AH!  As someone who has a Thugs MM, that look happens when you get the SECOND power of equiping your henchmen, Upgrade Equipment.

Here's the progression.  Initial Thugs.

screenshot_240113-00-59-43.jpg.72cf41833ff2049cc3f37e476292fa78.jpg

Then using the first power, Equip Thugs.

screenshot_240113-01-00-11.thumb.jpg.7a40dd32fc8dcec0b428bc86d6d14de7.jpg

Then the second and final power, Upgrade Equipment.

screenshot_240113-01-00-40.thumb.jpg.323753b8d1f27393c7bc31939758a6b1.jpg

The names? Click on the individual thug, or on the name that pops up in the Pet Bar, and select Rename!  

While you're at it, try using the following /macro "BG" petcom_all follow defensive

That will give you a macro button for bodyguard mode, and at the very least is a fast way of recalling all your henchmen to you.

Edited by Darmian
  • Thumbs Up 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

4 minutes ago, Lightbound5 said:

well, now I just feel Extremely dumb. sorry for the trouble

No trouble at all!  Just go have the best fun ever!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 minutes ago, Lightbound5 said:

Don't.

You had the sharpness of eye to notice the difference in pets, the sense to ask the question, and the courage to persist when everyone was telling you that you were wrong but their answers weren't matching what you had seen.

You may be many things, but dumb is not one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

8 hours ago, Lightbound5 said:

No worries at all.  I'm glad we could help clear it up 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

11 hours ago, Lightbound5 said:

ask questions and reach out!!!  

The absolute and unacceptable thing any game can do is eat the young.

Welcome to the game!!!

Edited by starro
  • Thumbs Up 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

18 minutes ago, Lightbound5 said:

I am currious now tho is that something that is planned to be added in?

No idea to be honest.  I've heard stories that the other version has some issues, but that's hearsay.  Personally I'd like say a set of options rather than complete customisation.  So maybe modern day zombies as well as the ones we get.  Or Different uniform Mercs. Or whatever.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lightbound5 said:

Planned?  No official word on that, but pet/minion customization has been a highly requested feature...

• 2 months later
On 1/13/2024 at 7:24 PM, biostem said:

Planned?  No official word on that, but pet/minion customization has been a highly requested feature...

So its not impossible with a lot of people wanting it for the future, perhaps.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lightbound5 said:

I have wanted custom minions or even use in-game villains as mastermind minions since COV launch but as I understand technical implication is difficult.  However… one of the other COH servers did something but no idea if it would scale / work to homecoming.

no idea if there is an official list of what is being worked on but this old starfish would grow a 6th arm with excitement if custom minions ever happened.   

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 1/14/2024 at 1:23 AM, Lightbound5 said:

It's probably the #1 request on the list.

The way I see problem, as I see it, would take an inordinate amount of UI work to solve.

Thunderspy devs don't seem to worry about having bodges and wonky workarounds on their server - anything to get the result, but the Homecoming devs seem to value quality, suitability and high standards more.

It's the old dichotomy between freedom and security.

Edited by Herotu
edited because grammar

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• Game Master
14 hours ago, Lightbound5 said:

Toss in your perspectives in Suggestions and Feedback. 

Someone already got that ball rolling for you.

• Like 2

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.