Quick Funds for New Players

Troo

So, you need a little 'startup capital'..

Typically I only offer funding opportunities to players who start a character in Mercy. I bang the drum and hand out some infamy.

Why? I have my reasons.

Also, I get it: If only you had a bit more funding, what could you do? What could you accomplish?

Well, here's your chance to potentially receive an incredible sum. What an amazing offer! Don't miss out.

Here is the easiest method I've seen:

1.  You send an in-game email to @Yomo.
2.  Receive an in-game email with up to 100M.

That's it.

How to send an in-game email:  If your Chat window is not open, press "C" to open it.  Across the top tabs that start with "Team", "League", etc.  Click on the tab that says "Email".  The window that now opens has two captions "Inbox" and "Character Items".  Click on Inbox and hit the "New" button.  For To: input "@Yomo" without quotation marks.  Write something, anything, in the subject line, like 'Yomo is the Best' and something in the main text box.  Hit send.

Rules:

• 100M will only be sent to those who send an in-game email. No tells, no forum messages, no messages outside the game.
  • One entry per player.
  • It may take a couple days to receive the reply email.

The time has come at last (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
The problem's plain to see (Secret, secret, they've got a secret)
Yomo has waaay too much in-famy

Domo arigato, Yomo dogato.  
Domo..
Yomo

azU.gif

Note: Sometimes the in-game email system can screw up.  Occasionally an email that was apparently sent over a year prior pops up.  If you don't receive a response in a couple days you're not being ignored. In fact, if you send another email a few days later because you haven't received anything yet, @Yomo won't mind at all. : )

Similar offers can be found at: Yomo's Whizbang Potpourri Extravaganza of a Giveaway!  and Yomo's New and Improved Bang-Up Salmagundi Spectacular!!!

Also Note: Troo is not Yomo, Yomo is not Troo, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Full credit to Yomo for their generous giveaways which I have linked to in this post.

I take no credit for this opportunity and am merely pointing players to a known resource for funding.

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

35 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If only there were some thread that described this in some detailed manner!  Oh well.

Yomo!  Hook me up man.  I need to buy a Glad and they are 2.5bill.  At least thats what I remember.  Send a few bill over.  Save a starving 🧛 vampire

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Yomo!  Hook me up man.  I need to buy a Glad and they are 2.5bill.  At least thats what I remember.  Send a few bill over.  Save a starving 🧛 vampire

Don’t believe him.

Does he look like he’s starving?

image.jpeg.a5a7407de239cc72979d678dcf04b98b.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Don’t believe him.

Does he look like he’s starving?

image.jpeg.a5a7407de239cc72979d678dcf04b98b.jpeg

I feel like Snarky is the kind of vampire that wears crocs, has a cape made out of old pairs of jorts, and drinks blood out of a hat like this:  

image.png.bcd5ee20e9f0f53ea8e5d384e5dcb50f.png

• Haha 4

Who run Bartertown?

49 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I feel like Snarky is the kind of vampire that wears crocs, has a cape made out of old pairs of jorts, and drinks blood out of a hat like this:  

image.png.bcd5ee20e9f0f53ea8e5d384e5dcb50f.png

That's not far off from @Snarky, except he's probably also residing in a mausoleum somewhere in Wisconsin, but had his hearse impounded because of the residents he's feeding on leave his BAC too high too drive.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You guys are cruel.  I also feel like i need to draw this version….

• Staff of Aesculapius 1

chatGPT to the rescue.. hmmm

even AI is mean..

image.png.0e014bedc95b9064cdb2850c3c3c9fb6.png

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I love that people will do this for newbies, but I fear they take the wrong idea from such, "I need money to play the game!"

But a wise player would infer that "money is so easy to come by in this game that some people burn it for fun, so it can't be all that important to play."

giphy.gif.30d9d538881fd29391a3104c362b98f2.gif

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I love that people will do this for newbies, but I fear they take the wrong idea from such, "I need money to play the game!"

You don't need money.  You want money.  You want enhancements and enhancements want money.

It's okay to want things you don't strictly need.  This is a game.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Troo said:

chatGPT to the rescue.. hmmm

even AI is mean..

image.png.0e014bedc95b9064cdb2850c3c3c9fb6.png

My turn!

OIG (2).jpeg

• Haha 4

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

11 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

But a wise player would infer that "money is so easy to come by in this game that some people burn it for fun, so it can't be all that important to play."

giphy.gif.30d9d538881fd29391a3104c362b98f2.gif

This is both wise and true.

Unfortunately, CoH has always been a two-tiered game:  first character; then all subsequent characters (since the needs v. inf/goods flow shifts disproportionately at higher levels).  Your first character will always require strategic allocation of resources, and although I enjoy that part of the game, most people do not.  The trick for me has been to help people help themselves rather than to reward leeches or exploiters, and I think I've come up with a pretty good system.

It's ironic that the NCSoft thing happened when it did, since my involvement in this game is almost over.  I currently spend significantly more time giving inf away than I do actually playing the game, and as it becomes a "chore" I'm trying to think of ways to help that require less personal involvement.

Also, at first I thought the goats were using straws to suck blood from the white pilgrim's head.

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

8 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

It's ironic that the NCSoft thing happened when it did, since my involvement in this game is almost over.

Aw, that's too bad, but understandable; in a lot of ways I feel I've done just about everything too by this point.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝